Childhood Trauma Possibly Cause? (read before vote)

Have any of these traumitic expeirances happened to you before 18?

• Verbal Abuse

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • Physical Abuse

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Sexual Abuse

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Parent Divorce

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Abandonment from Parent(s)

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Parent/Gaurdian Drug use or Criminal Activity

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • None

Votes: 17 34.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Okay, I know we have topics similar to this one, but I am going to make this poll more generalized so that maybe we can see a pattern develop. I really feel the need to create this poll, because I am so fascinated by finding the cause, if possible of infantilism.
So what I mean by childhood trauma is basically any of the options listed in the poll plus there will be an other option. To determine an other childhood trauma just try to think of something that had a traumitic effect on you mentally, even if it does not seem like a big deal to some people, if it was to you then it matters.
So please vote any of the possible childhood abuse has accorded in your life. This is a multiple choice poll, so vote for more than one if needed. So that you are aware this poll will be anonymous so if you just want to vote and not post that is fine, you will remain anonymous.

For me, I can happily say none of these have happened to me. Yea some verbal abuse from kids at school but on a low level so I did not include that. I have had really good parents, not perfect but good. So I have had an overall average childhood, maybe slighty above average.

Last edited:

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
i did 4. not the happiest thing to discuss, but it's in the past now.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Sadly I had to tick 6 of those, all due to my alcoholic dad, except for the sexual abuse, that was someone else....

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I only checked the bottom box.

Note: A smack on the arse or hand does not equal physical abuse. Nor does a parent yelling at you to "clean up your room" equal verbal abuse.

Interestingly enough I never had either of those happen to me either.

I just wanted to point that out, as I know a LOT of kids seem to think that a slap on the hand when they put said hand too close to the stove (range/cooker) is 'abuse' *rolls eyes*.

D

daria7483

I checked the divorce column, and yes, my parents' divorce when I was 2 1/2 contributed to my late potty-training, which I think contributed to my infantilism.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'd like to elaborate on my first post but I only would if it was in the regulars section, and I don't think people really want to know about it. Anyways I went through alot of abuse (not sexual) up until I was 17 and thrown out of home, but I do not believe it has anything to do with my infantilism. I do think it has something to do with me being gay though.

Role
Diaper Lover
I have been told to go away when I did not do anything and in foreigh countries, many people talked badly about Americans behind our backs (I do not hold this policies to all foreign civilians). Still, I haven't been truly verbally abused in several years. I guess that's a good start! :)

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I picked other because i barley never knew and plan never to know my one parent. But i have a mother that never is home and has very little time with us.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I clicked the bottom box. I can't think of anything beyond the normal yelling from a parent when you've done something wrong or they're frustrated with you. I can't even think of any physical punishment (mind you, it's illegal these days).

Peachy

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I can't even think of any physical punishment (mind you, it's illegal these days).
Ummm...it's illegal? Child abuse is illegal (leaving marks, breaking bones, etc.), spanking your child or slapping his fingers is not to my knowledge illegal. I know that teachers can't use 'physical punishment' (ie 'the strap') these days, but parents are still allowed to discipline their children (at least in Canada), contrary to what a large number of children seem to believe.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think slapping falls under psysical violence, no matter to who you do it. Getting psysical to a person IS illegal. Or maybe only to the extent that it leaves bruises again? Maybe I'm wrong.
Still, just because it's not illegal does not make it immoral and an archaic, wrong method of discipline. Call me a dirty communist peace loving hippe if you people like, but violence is not an answer. And slapping someone is violence. For a start, a persons psycology is an abyss, who knows that what you think to be a righteous form of justice and overall rather trivial to be something mindturning to him? I admit, many teenagers dramatize things, to extents it gets wildly out of hand, but you never know if what one expresses is true or not.
(Actually there is. Truly hurt people, don't go around telling the world. They're usually rather silent. But you have to make room for ecceptions )

Personally, I sometimes get the odd verbal abuse, but it usually ends up in me retorting and about 3 hours later both sides apologize. So I selected verbal abuse and 'None' at the same time.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Ummm...it's illegal? Child abuse is illegal (leaving marks, breaking bones, etc.), spanking your child or slapping his fingers is not to my knowledge illegal.
In this country, it is! A judge may see past a slap on the butt, but a spanking (i.e. pulling down the pants and slapping with the palm of your hand) will get you into legal trouble here!

Peachy

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
In the U.S. i believe it is only illegal if it is done by a non family member or with anything like a belt or such. As long as it is bare hand and by a relative they can say nothing unless it was without reason.

MommyBarbara

Contributor
Role
Carer
Childhood trauma

Childhood trauma can cause a lot of things in a person's mind. From what I hear, this can cause PTSD, and that can lead to several subdisorders. I am not a psychiatrist, psychologist, or pyschotherapist, but I have been through some very bad trauma through my life. I haven't posted them in my profile, but if really want to read about a child living in terror, everyday for 14 years, I will post my bio.

There have been those that said I "want" to be female, because of my past. Nothing could be further from the truth, because I felt this way "before" I went through my terrorizing trauma.

But childhood trauma, as I understand it, can also make a person revert to an age where there was peace, safety, mommy and daddy, and love.

Care_a_lot says I should popst a little bit here, so I will.

When I was 12½ years old, I was sent to a residential treatment center, by my mother, because she could handle a transgendered child. Two months after I was in this residential treatment center, she signed away her parental rights, making me an orphan, and an official ward of the state. I didn't find out about this until I was 18 years old. While I was at these institutions, I was abused in every way possible. I won't say the individual words, but you know them. But I didn't regress to a safety zone, but I was PO'ed, and I protected my female identity with a fireceness. 2½ years after being in this residential treatment center, I was sent to the state hospital, because the residential treatment center couldn't handle a transgendered child either. This caused PTSD in me, that made me try to make my mother understand who I was, and why. But even on her deathbed, she refused to accept me as her daughter.

These are only an outline of what actually happened to me in the 1960's when I was in my teens. So I definitely believe that childhood trauma, can cause PTSD and its offshoot subdisorders.

Having gone through this much pain myself I can understand where my little girl care_a_lot has been hurt and I have seen how this pain makes her regress. I was lucky for I was pissed and somehow that fierceness protected my identity and gives me the courage to encourage my own mothering instincts to come out and to protect my child with a fierceness that only someone who has been through this pain could possibly understand.

So do I believe that PTSD and other disorders are possibly through abuse? Yes. Do I believe that this pain can make you regress? Yes. For I have seen it happen.

Love & hugs

MommyBarbara
"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Well, I guess I was verbally abused, kinda. My mom and dad used to scream at each other a lot (though they still aren't divorced, they don't live together). I don't think that's really abuse, but I never exactly enjoyed it. Also, I was bullied A LOT at school (especially elementary school).... verbally and physically.... but I didn't pick physical abuse (maybe I should have)

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Having gone through this much pain myself I can understand where my little girl care_a_lot has been hurt and I have seen how this pain makes her regress. I was lucky for I was pissed and somehow that fierceness protected my identity and gives me the courage to encourage my own mothering instincts to come out and to protect my child with a fierceness that only someone who has been through this pain could possibly understand.

So do I believe that PTSD and other disorders are possibly through abuse? Yes. Do I believe that this pain can make you regress? Yes. For I have seen it happen.
Wow, that personal account blew me away! Thanks for sharing that. I am glad I am not the only one who believes that childhood trauma can cause ptsd and regressing.

I have also seen from personal expeirances and other people I have talked very similar situations of the same pattern. When I tell people this, they are always like "thats not true, that does not always happen" when in fact that is true. Except...childhood trauma in general (abuse and other traumic events) all effects an individually in a unique way for everyone. In other words the way the event(s) effect a person all depends on the type of traumitic event, the number differnt types of traumtic stuff, the age it happened, how long the event(s) lasted, the enviorment, and most importantly the individual's type of personality. I believe all of those to be factors into determining how these horrible events effect an individual's brain. So I think this is what creates so many different effects on a person which is why no specific pattern can be recognized. So depending on those factors it I think it could cause a lot of different disorders. Like post traumtic stress disorder, types of depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, personality disorders, fetishes, and probably so many other things.
Remember our brains are very powerful, and so misunderstood still with todays technology. Also remember everyone this is just my opinion from what I have viewed, from mine and other peoples expeirances.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
In this country, it is! A judge may see past a slap on the butt, but a spanking (i.e. pulling down the pants and slapping with the palm of your hand) will get you into legal trouble here!

Peachy
Okay, you win! :logicwinsagain: I was thinking spanking as in a slap on the butt (in kids usually well padded by clothing and frequently diapers in the under 3 crowd), wasn't thinking about disrobing the child 'n smackin' the begeezus out of them...especially in a public place.

Status
Not open for further replies.