Changing Positions

Which position do you change your diaper in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
So I got around to thinking this morning about the best ways to change a diaper. For those of us that change ourselves (I assume that is most of us), do you do it standing up (holding the diaper up against a wall as you go to fasten it) or laying down? Do you have any methods for fastening the tapes a certain way?

I don't think it matters if you are incontinent or just like to wear. What method works best for you?

the0silent0alchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
laying down of course, one advantage is that, well, once your finished you can fall straight to sleep, other than that when standing up, gravity makes things dfficult.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I lay down and diaper up. I just find that it's easier.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I say standing up, but it depend by what kind of diaper is. If is a pull-up is easier while standing up, and since I use this Kind I find standing up the best position.

Also, when I tried adult diapers I used to change them standing up.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I prefer to change in a combination style. I begin by laying the diaper out open on a flat surface such as a toilet lid, bed, or chair. I then sit down on the diaper and fasten the first tape on one side. With that done I then stand up and finish with the rest of the tapes. It's always worked well for me... and it's pretty fast.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I prefer diapering up lying down, but I need a hard surface. A bed won't do because I never seem to get a snug fit when diapering on a soft surface. So I end up doing it on the floor. However, when I'm in a hurry, in public, or in a confined space, I have to do it standing up. I've gotten used to it from all the times I've put on a diaper in a (small) train bathroom.

Peachy

Role
Private
Even since Darkfinn posted that guide on doing it, I've done it that way. It really is the best method I've come across. :)

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Like Peachy said, I've done it in public standing up like at the movies or something. But other than that I sit down. Makes it easier to get a pretty good amount of powder on the diaper.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Its laying down for me too. Except when putting on one of my cloth pull on diapers. And I normally stand when putting on my plastic pants too.:smile:

Korey

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Right now, im fastening the tapes sitting on the bed just good enough so it will stay on, then I stand up and redo the tapes so theyre perfect.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My changing habits vary depending up what I am doing. During the day, I change standing up. When getting ready for bed, I change laying in bed. Since I use both position about the same amount, I marked "other".

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I do it standing up without leaning against anything...But I think this way works best with re adjustable tapes, if you don't have them, then I think laying down would be better...

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Even since Darkfinn posted that guide on doing it, I've done it that way. It really is the best method I've come across. :)
Where is the guide? I checked the wiki but couldn't find it.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
standing up, for sure. and braced against a wall.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
Well I haven't managed to get hold of any diapers with tapes yet. But even when I'm changing pull-ups, I do it lying down - I sort of stick my legs up in the air it slide it down. It just feels nicer and a bit more... babyish, I think.

I don't really know what it's like to change a real one, but I'd imagine I'd do it lying down because it seems more sensible to me - I mean, you wouldn't change a baby's diaper with him standing up, would you?

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Laying down seems to work best for me.....just seems easiest, I guess.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Since I use mostly cloth, I start laying down and pin one side. Then I stand up and pin the other side. This way I can get it fairly tight. For that reason I checked "other".

B

baby kiffer

Like Charlie said...

I put on my diaper laying down, because it is the most babyish way to do it.

Though, sometimes, I've done it standing up because I didn't feel like laying on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.