Changing Pads - Under Pads from CVS with Diaper scent

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Do you all use under pads for changing or for chair and or bed protection? I picked up a new package from CVS the other day and noticed a scent coming from the pads. Reminds me of the Pampers scent from 90's maybe. These are the xtra large size in a packs of 30. They look just like a large package of diapers from that time frame with handle, and top corner opener. They are double stacked in the package and have a peach PE backing. I'm enjoying the new scent and though I would pass along the information.

I use one every morning when I take off my soaked cloth diaper and have never
noticed a scent. I just opened a new pack a few days ago.

Last edited:
Before I run to my local CVS to see if I can get a similar scent, I'd be curious if anyone else have noticed this scent with CVS underpads. Since CVS and Walgreens change their packaging frequently and there are countless variations of generic-branded incontinence products, could you attach a picture or pictures of the exact package? I may run out anyway to give them a try since its not like they will go to waste if they don't have the scent but it would be nice to know what package to look for. Thanks

1610483202697.jpeg
Attached is a picture of the package. I've used 3 so far and they have the nice sweet smell to them. Reminds me of Pampers years ago.

Reactions: jellyjigger
I have never purchased any underpads but it sure would be great if they added that scent to thair diapers .

The possibility of a Pampers/Luvs scent, coming from a mainstream manufacturer, is exciting. Notice the word "scented" from the picture of the package. Since products appear and disappear so frequently in this industry, hopefully the product hasn't changed between now and when I can get into a local CVS to try a pack for myself but I'll post my results if I do. :)

Oh wow, totally missed the scented notice in the bottom left corner. Nice attention to detail. The scented smell is great. Now if I can find tab style diapers with the same great scent.

I purchased a pack of these underpads at my local CVS (the front cover was identical to the picture posted earlier);
there were actually no other types of underpads to choose from. The cube package was HUGE (19x13x6.5"), standing over a foot and a half tall, and was slightly pricey at about $22 + tax compared to the cheaper underpads I normally buy in bulk, but these are huge, with thick and absorbent padding not to mention the plastic backing is of an extremely thick and crinkly gauge (too bad their adult briefs don't sport this).

As for the scent, I noticed some sweet floral notes that seemed to be of the potpourri variety, close to the scent and scent-levels detectable in toilet paper if you have a good sense of smell; definitely feminine but your nose has to try hard to detect it. My sense of smell isn't that good, so whatever the scent is, I would have preferred it to be stronger. I wouldn't say its like luvs/pampers but in higher concentration, it *could* be similar. With that said, there is hight variability between batches of absorbent products such that heavier doses of the same scent concentrate can produce different profiles. This is not unlike certain batches of luvs/pampers to be overpowering for many people because they had the "scent knob" on the diaper machine cranked up a little too much.

With any luck, scent will come back in style someday and they will start cranking the "scent knob" up. I wonder if the scent is cranked up in some regions, but not others?

Attachments

• 4Y52P7H63QFX8NfLJPeBE3NV.jpg
    4Y52P7H63QFX8NfLJPeBE3NV.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 6
  • bW8bYfrY9PTLDb8U9K26T3K7.jpg
    bW8bYfrY9PTLDb8U9K26T3K7.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 6
  • CdUDe82W4DKSbVV4f4DLSPE1.jpg
    CdUDe82W4DKSbVV4f4DLSPE1.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 6
  • F0N8gTtyF4FWBX4KdFgTQ6aS.jpg
    F0N8gTtyF4FWBX4KdFgTQ6aS.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 7
  • h6br0eVDDy2B2HAgCdC512EV.jpg
    h6br0eVDDy2B2HAgCdC512EV.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 10
  • JEbAgXDJHbdD17bCVLDEEKr2.jpg
    JEbAgXDJHbdD17bCVLDEEKr2.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 9
  • MD3Q6Ftr3PDU0tKAtD27f6V7.jpg
    MD3Q6Ftr3PDU0tKAtD27f6V7.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 8
  • NJfFrPD7M8Kd839BgKYF8A58.jpg
    NJfFrPD7M8Kd839BgKYF8A58.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 5
  • TB6DFH9e6MDfD0Pg036gfChC.jpg
    TB6DFH9e6MDfD0Pg036gfChC.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 6
It's totally possible in mass production. In other products I've noticed the same type of discrepancies. Take for instance diapers. I've been wearing the same brand for about three years now. I do buy in bulk so each time I do order I notice the padding may be a little thicker or thinner, the plastic backing may have a little bit different feel, tapes my be a little stronger or weaker. It's all about ordering the raw materials.

I'm sure the same goes for under pads made for CVS. They even use different manufactures from time to time. For this batch, I'm sure the scent knob was turned down or running low as it sprays durning assembly through the machine. Can you imagine how the plant smells with that perfume being sprayed continually? I've always wonder what the Pampers plant smells like when manufacturing Pampers Cruisers? Would it be the wonderful scent or would it be supper strong and over the top? Wonder if you can smell it outside the plant in Ohio.

The manufacturing code on my CVS underpads (as can be seen in the attached pictures) is "20 239 E26 03:51". I'm thinking the last group of numbers is a time code, with the first two digits is the year manufactured (2020). The remaining digits "239" or "E26" are probably used for a month/day and manufacturer plant. @LuvsandPampers, is your code visible?

After looking at the bag, it has the printing of: "20 270 E23 14:18". The package was purchased between Christmas and New Years.

Thanks @LuvsandPampers; my guess is the 270 might be a julian day (from the start of the year) which for 2020 would be Sep. 26 and E23 or E26 are plant codes. I searched for information about decoding these batch/lot codes but couldn't find much of anything. My package was purchased in AZ for what its worth and if 239 was a julian day (from my package), this translates to Aug. 26 (2020).

Back