Changing On the Go

PampersboyLondon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I’m spending a lot of time in the USA at the moment and noticed in a lot of public bathrooms they have gaps between the door and the frame of the stalls which means people can see into the privacy of the toilet stall, how do you change a diaper privately if someone can see you.

Another thing I’ve notice is most bathrooms feature an open diaper changing surface normally by the sinks for baby’s to be changed. Which is so different to the UK where we have a whole separate bathroom for diaper changing, also you just use regular trash bins for diaper disposal...

PampersboyLondon said:
I’m spending a lot of time in the USA at the moment and noticed in a lot of public bathrooms they have gaps between the door and the frame of the stalls which means people can see into the privacy of the toilet stall, how do you change a diaper privately if someone can see you.

Another thing I’ve notice is most bathrooms feature an open diaper changing surface normally by the sinks for baby’s to be changed. Which is so different to the UK where we have a whole separate bathroom for diaper changing, also you just use regular trash bins for diaper disposal...
well its simple, if they see you, who are they gonna tell? its not like your in highschool and they're gonna bully you. also they probably won't even see you again after that anyway, so it shouldn't matter but I would recommend that you wait until no one is in there with you

Welcome to the states! I never understood the stall gap either. Many places now have “family bathrooms” with privacy but you have to search them out. Otherwise just hope no one walks in.

PampersboyLondon said:

Since I can change my tabbed dips standing up (with or without standing against a wall), I stand behind the door between the door gaps. Once my new dip is opened and fluffed, I can put the new one on in less than a minute. I carry plastic grocery bags with me to put the used dip in. When the bag is tied the dip's smell is not so noticeable. I might double or even triple bag it if necessary.

Reactions: Piefox
I have only done it a few times, the first time nobody was around to notice so I was really calm about it

The 2nd and 3rd (on the same day) I was in a very busy area, I didn't really have to wear Diapers, I just felt like it

It was so busy that someone seemed to always be in the bathroom, I got very good at changing standing up at home; so I just bring my supplies in (Diaper and Powder in a Gray plastic bag for disposal) wait until a stall is open and close/lock stall and quickly change.

Used diaper comes off, I set it aside in the bag, get the new one on (with powder) ; then tape up and toss the used one wrapped in a bag and put in the nearest garbage can

It seems complicated, but I can change in a minute or two and I really dont stress out about the people that might see (that would be really creepy if they were watching me) because really most wont care even if they do somehow notice

here the washrooms you get the odd one person ones, depending on location some have one of each gender and one single one ,
, Saw some Parents and me washrooms well theres no toillet lol , bascally two stalls with locking doors a sink and trash can and change table into each with a trashbin in the stall , also had a change thing on hte sink, aparently i had people quite offended for going there and changing diaper!? diaper in hand .... tought it was a nice quiet place , same with wallmart one person washroom ived seen people people negative stuff that have kids that no one should use them but parentys lol

i have noticed many washrooms that the doors are too gapy and some odd places have the way too high the stall walls for while sitting on the toillet

yeah im still not sure the best way to do it standing up, its almost always too lose, and its hard making sure everything is flattened out and smooth rather than all bunched up, ialmost always have to remove the tapes, and sometimes the flat part of the landing zone im trying to put them on is too far x-x, so im stuck tryin to smooth out the scrunched up part and its a hassle sometimes Dx

Reactions: CookieMonstah
Infinitas said:
yeah im still not sure the best way to do it standing up, its almost always too lose, and its hard making sure everything is flattened out and smooth rather than all bunched up, ialmost always have to remove the tapes, and sometimes the flat part of the landing zone im trying to put them on is too far x-x, so im stuck tryin to smooth out the scrunched up part and its a hassle sometimes Dx

When most places dont have a Changing Table that is Suitable for Adults (a lot will have Baby Changing Tables) and you have to change yourself you adapt to doing it standing up

Part of why I like Printed Diapers are they have visual cues I can look for to get a good idea of where I want my tapes placed at, it is easiest with a Mirror, but I can look down to get a gauge on the tape placement with no mirror

I'm not saying everyone can do it, but if you are somewhat able bodied and have a will you could do it, for me in particular it helps just having done something enough times

BabyTyrant said:
When most places dont have a Changing Table that is Suitable for Adults (a lot will have Baby Changing Tables) and you have to change yourself you adapt to doing it standing up

Part of why I like Printed Diapers are they have visual cues I can look for to get a good idea of where I want my tapes placed at, it is easiest with a Mirror, but I can look down to get a gauge on the tape placement with no mirror

I'm not saying everyone can do it, but if you are somewhat able bodied and have a will you could do it, for me in particular it helps just having done something enough times

visual ques help a lot, but it still doesnt stop da plastic from gettin scrunched up

Public toilets in thr US are totally bizarre to people from the UK. The big gaps round the doors/walls and the really high water level in the bowl are just weird.

Reactions: CookieMonstah
I live in Pennsylvania but have traveled and you are right our gaps in the bathroom stalls are odd compared to other places. I more or less think it is because the stalls are cheap and cost effective to make and sell cause there held together with a few screws.

That being said I have changed with my back against the door. I honestly stopped caring what others think long ago.

Reactions: KitsuneFox
if I'm out all day, I don't much care about the gaps in the walls ... i'm more worried about the amplified crinkling noises I make during a change 😰

Reactions: DippyDawg
Infinitas said:
visual ques help a lot, but it still doesnt stop da plastic from gettin scrunched up

Sometimes I have to redo the tape placement a bit, which can be done even with Sticky Tape type Diapers

The only thing that will stop that is if you rip the tapes, or ruin their adhesion through folding it onto itself, other tapes; or get Powder/Oil on the tapes

"Practice makes perfect" as they say, especially with specific Diaper Models being sized differently; like if I get used to changing with PeekABUs it will be easier to get the tape placement and fit right with other PeekABUs

I have to wear 24/7 .... I've changed in just about every situation, you eventually get to the point that you care if someone looks through the gap or hears you pulling off the tapes, the crinkle of unfolding a new one, and throwing the old one in the trash....

Infinitas said:
Here's what works for me. Part of the secret is fastening the lower tabs first so you can adjust the dip to your body before fastening the top ones.

Bose said:
Public toilets in thr US are totally bizarre to people from the UK. The big gaps round the doors/walls and the really high water level in the bowl are just weird.
I guess the gaps are to try and prevent misuse of the facilities for sex or drugs purposes?

Bose said:

Yeah... But have you noticed it's the other way round with the urinals? Continuous-wall and gutter urinals are fairly common in the UK (especially in old pubs), whereas in the US they always seem to be separate, often spaced quite far apart with privacy shields between them.

Brits don't want to be seen having a poo, and Americans don't want anyone seeing their willy! 😄

That’s true. The toilet cubicles and the high water thing freaked me out when I went to the US, though I do like the funny looks you get when you ask for direction to “the toilets” rather than “the batheroom” or “washroom”

Costco in the UK has the american style cubicles, hate changing in them!

well think yourself lucky you're not IC from first hand experience it can be a burden sometimes, I've zero EXP with the toilet but i'm pretty sure it is easer then having to get changing supplies and changing your own diaper

Back