Changing in the Car/SUV

ChrisKrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I finally sucked it up and started wetting at work! But its a bit of a pain...the only single bathroom with lock is up the road in our other building.

I was thinking..how difficult is it to change a wet diaper in the back of an SUV? Have you done it? Any tips? I'm a bit tall at 6 ft 2

Reactions: chrischrischris and Diaperlover40
I've been changed in the back of a minivan more times than I can count. With tinted windows, there's no real problem. I've even had two ladies changing me at once, which was a little embarrassing since one had never seen an adult diaper change before.

I've never tried changing myself, but an SUV is one of those unique situations where a fold-down back seat might be helpful. I imagine you could change yourself lying down, and that doing so might be far easier than trying to change while sitting in the back seat.

The only difficulty you'll likely encounter is in summer heat ... hardly an issue now, but it will be in a few months' time. If you have time to run the AC and let the vehicle cool down, you'll probably have a more endurable experience. Being changed - or, I imagine, trying to change - in a hot SUV generates some significant perspiration.

Just go try it on your day off somewhere on a side road. The more you do it the more easier it will get.

Reactions: Safari, chrischrischris, sbmccue and 1 other person
If the context of this is changing because you're wearing at work, ask yourself what's more awkward: Changing in a stall and having a co-worker ask about the sound or notice you carrying the diaper across the bathroom to the trash, or changing in the car and having a co-worker catch you?

Personally, if I were to be caught, I'd much rather it be a co-worker hearing the tapes or spotting me placing the diaper in the trash in the bathroom where I can say something like "personal medical thing, I don't want to talk about it" rather than in a car where it's a lot harder to explain and where I'm fully visible to somebody pressing their face up to the window going "watcha doin in there?".

Reactions: TheWolfEmperor
Never had any luck changing my diaper in a SUV, now a van with the back seats removed works great as long as the windows are dark tinted or no windows at all.

Reactions: Deleted member 55019
wet diapers are pretty easy to change in a drivers seat, just pull to a more secluded spot if possible, like the farthest part of a parking lot. helps if you have tinted windows and are small.

Reactions: grst and Deleted member 55019
My girlfriend has changed my diaper in the back seat. We look for an out-of-way parking space, I lay down on the back seat and unions my diaper, wipes and powders me, pin my diaper, pulls up my rubber pants and we’re good to go. Couple of her daughter helped.

I often change and feed my husband in our station wagon type vehicle. It’s actually fairly easy and with enough room for most things 🤔

Reactions: Safari, Lyric, pampers47 and 1 other person
Well got no where to change at work . lucky I don't pee much during the day but if I have one of them days where you can't stop peeing I just wiggles my diaper down and go in the toilet
Then wiggle it back up . Then change when I get home.

Reactions: Safari
irnub said:
If the context of this is changing because you're wearing at work, ask yourself what's more awkward: Changing in a stall and having a co-worker ask about the sound or notice you carrying the diaper across the bathroom to the trash, or changing in the car and having a co-worker catch you?

Personally, if I were to be caught, I'd much rather it be a co-worker hearing the tapes or spotting me placing the diaper in the trash in the bathroom where I can say something like "personal medical thing, I don't want to talk about it" rather than in a car where it's a lot harder to explain and where I'm fully visible to somebody pressing their face up to the window going "watcha doin in there?".
Seconding this. I change at work all the time and no one bats an eye at me carrying the diaper or pullup to the trash. I had one nosey kid check the can to see what I had tossed but that was a once in a lifetime occurrence.

Reactions: Safari and chrischrischris
For the past 37 years I always changed my diapers in the restroom at work, worked out great for me as I was the janitor and I would just bag up the trash and haul it to the dumpster.

Reactions: chrischrischris
When I was driving a large van for a living I would often stop in a lay-by on the way back to base and change my nappy in the back standing up and dispose of the wet nappy in the lay-by trash can.

• Wow
I'd say thst it's possible but not ideal. I've even changed sitting in the driving seat in a traffic jam, but with some effort and discomfort. The less manoeuvring room there is, the harder it is to clean / wipe your skin thoroughly, and the less likely you will get the nappy perfectly fitted and positioned. My thoughts on changing in public / at work are that there are too many variables to make any general rules. Look at each possible location on its own merits and choose the best option at the time.

• Angry
Reactions: Nathan201 and TheWolfEmperor
I drive for work, and my diaper time is almost exclusively while I’m driving. So, I put on and change my diapers right in the driver seat almost every time. Just lean the seat back a little bit and it’s quite easy.

• Wow
Reactions: pampers47 and Deleted member 55019
Changing in a car in a public spot is a bad idea if you get caught with your pants down (Literally) that is a bit of a weird thing to have to explain. Still like people have said if you can not be seen it is okay. An easier way would be to just go to like a gas station or something and changing there. Walk into a stall with a change and toss the used one in the trash, that is what I did as a kid and what I do if I am far from home and wet.

Reactions: pampers47
I'm never changed in the backseat of our car. But I have laid in the backseat and have had my diaper check. If I need to be changed, then I'm taken into a family restroom and changed there.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheWolfEmperor and Safari
Back