Changing at Work.

BabyHailey1977

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I’m new to wearing diapers at work. I work 13-14 hour days, so I have to change at least once. The clothes we are required to wear prevent me from wearing a booster in my Molicares. It becomes way too obvious when I’m wet.

Anyway, I take by backpack to the bathroom to change. And already I have people asking me where I’m going. Like I’m going home. I told one person that I was going to the bathroom and he said “with your backpack”? How can I do this, or what can I say when people ask about it? I don’t want anyone to know I’m wearing diapers.

Any ideas?

On a side note, it is pretty crazy how my backpack turned into my diaper bag. I have diapers, wipes, baby powder and plastic bags. I really wish I could have binkies, bottles and formula in there too.

Reactions: BeTrue and checkingoutall
IDDiaperboy said:
I’m new to wearing diapers at work. I work 13-14 hour days, so I have to change at least once. The clothes we are required to wear prevent me from wearing a booster in my Molicares. It becomes way too obvious when I’m wet.

Anyway, I take by backpack to the bathroom to change. And already I have people asking me where I’m going. Like I’m going home. I told one person that I was going to the bathroom and he said “with your backpack”? How can I do this, or what can I say when people ask about it? I don’t want anyone to know I’m wearing diapers.

Any ideas?

On a side note, it is pretty crazy how my backpack turned into my diaper bag. I have diapers, wipes, baby powder and plastic bags. I really wish I could have binkies, bottles and formula in there too.

You dont have a locker at work? Cant find any time to change without Prying eyes?

If need be and you have a legitimate reason, places cant discriminate/Fire you for a medical need and you could bring it up to HR if it becomes a problem

But I would only go there if you really need to be Diapered at work for Incontinence

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
BabyTyrant said:
You dont have a locker at work? Cant find any time to change without Prying eyes?

If need be and you have a legitimate reason, places cant discriminate/Fire you for a medical need and you could bring it up to HR if it becomes a problem

But I would only go there if you really need to be Diapered at work for Incontinence
Nope, I don’t have a locker. It’s a long walk to the bathroom. Sometimes I can take our golf cart. I work in a large aluminum plant. I’m not incontinent, so I can’t go to HR. I’m thinking about just leaving my bag by the bathroom. It’s in the office area, where other people leave them. I can just grab my lunch out and bring it with me. I don’t know.....I may just be overthinking it.

IDDiaperboy said:
Nope, I don’t have a locker. It’s a long walk to the bathroom. Sometimes I can take our golf cart. I work in a large aluminum plant. I’m not incontinent, so I can’t go to HR. I’m thinking about just leaving my bag by the bathroom. It’s in the office area, where other people leave them. I can just grab my lunch out and bring it with me. I don’t know.....I may just be overthinking it.

Well if others leave their bags in the same area and it's close to the Bathroom that can work out

I've done 2 weeks diapered at work before, but we have employee Locker Rooms and it's a huge plant with a very small amount of employees (like 20ish per shift) and I can usually find a convenient time to do a quick change when needed

If I was super concerned we have single person bathrooms attached to the lunch room where I could change and nobody would have any proof of anything

That being said, I dont usually wear to work

There are usually many ways to work around problems

You just gotta know what you have to work with and what's the best way you can go about changing if you plan on wearing and using Diapers at work

BabyTyrant said:
Well if others leave their bags in the same area and it's close to the Bathroom that can work out

I've done 2 weeks diapered at work before, but we have employee Locker Rooms and it's a huge plant with a very small amount of employees (like 20ish per shift) and I can usually find a convenient time to do a quick change when needed

If I was super concerned we have single person bathrooms attached to the lunch room where I could change and nobody would have any proof of anything

That being said, I dont usually wear to work

There are usually many ways to work around problems

You just gotta know what you have to work with and what's the best way you can go about changing if you plan on wearing and using Diapers at work
It almost feels like it’s inevitable that someone will see me. So we will see. I’m being tested for an overactive bladder and a little leakage. So it could come back that I have a medical need.

IDDiaperboy said:
It almost feels like it’s inevitable that someone will see me. So we will see. I’m being tested for an overactive bladder and a little leakage. So it could come back that I have a medical need.

Well it might be hard to avoid someone seeing you if it's a Small work area or there are a lot of Employees going around

At the end of the day people may give you odd looks and ask questions, but it shouldn't get worse than that and if you do go to the doctor for IC related Issues you could have that documented and be covered if it gets to the level of Harassment or Discrimination

IC does fall under a Disability and you cant be fired just for that if you can do the job, nor can they discriminate or harass you over it once its documented; if it gets to that point

If it doesnt, really not a big deal but people need to learn to mind their own business and shove off

Leaving your bag unattended might not be that good of an idea, people tend to be nosy . If you could find a bag that had a locking section that might help. I have had to use a booster then change the booster when soaked.

quarktheory said:
Leaving your bag unattended might not be that good of an idea, people tend to be nosy . If you could find a bag that had a locking section that might help. I have had to use a booster then change the booster when soaked.
I thought about the same thing. Thanks!!!

quarktheory said:
I used a little travel padlock on my backpack. It's small enough that nobody is likely to notice it, unless they're trying to peek in my bag.

If someone asks why you're taking your backpack to the restroom, you can always tell them that you have hemorrhoids that are hurting, and the bag has wires and hemorrhoid cream. That's way TMI for most people, and they'll probably never ask you again!

• Haha
Yea those people are being kinda nosy and rude. I would probably stare at them in silence for a little while and then be like "Seriously? Do you really want to know?" It's the bathroom, the point is that it's private and people asking is just weird and rude. It's like if someone asks "what took you so long?" Like really? Do you actually want a detailed account of my bathroom experience? Mind your own business.

Also I totally get trying to be discrete about it, those people are just being butts.

• Haha
Reactions: LePew, furry121 and BabyHailey1977
You could always tell them that your bag has soft toilet paper in it because you don't like the company's John Wayne toilet paper - it's rough and tough, and won't take crap off of anybody! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: BlueStringBean and BabyHailey1977
BlueStringBean said:
Yea those people are being kinda nosy and rude. I would probably stare at them in silence for a little while and then be like "Seriously? Do you really want to know?" It's the bathroom, the point is that it's private and people asking is just weird and rude. It's like if someone asks "what took you so long?" Like really? Do you actually want a detailed account of my bathroom experience? Mind your own business.

Also I totally get trying to be discrete about it, those people are just being butts.
I agree. But I just changed into a diaper and I’m in a better mood here at work.

Reactions: checkingoutall
IDDiaperboy said:

Any ideas?

That's a difficult one and unfortunate people have asked you where you are going with your backpack. I do the same, and on the very few (maybe one or two occasions) anyone has asked I've simply told them "medication". Might be worth a try? I can't imagine anyone prying any further.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977 and BlueStringBean
SpacemanJack said:
That's a difficult one and unfortunate people have asked you where you are going with your backpack. I do the same, and on the very few (maybe one or two occasions) anyone has asked I've simply told them "medication". Might be worth a try? I can't imagine anyone prying any further.
Me neither. That’s a good excuse. I just went to the bathroom with my bag and no one said anything. Maybe I’m just paranoid.

Reactions: SpacemanJack
I think paranoia or at least heightened awareness is perfectly normal in the early days. It'll become normal and natural in time. Fingers crossed you don't run into too many other nosey people!

SpacemanJack said:
I think paranoia or at least heightened awareness is perfectly normal in the early days. It'll become normal and natural in time. Fingers crossed you don't run into too many other nosey people!
Thank you. I don’t think my diaper is noticeable at all. But we will see.

Reactions: SpacemanJack
I'm sure that diaper changing are always going to be very difficult. To be honest, especially if it's a messy accident, I just go home. I own the company so If I want to leave I just go. I have my own office and if I have a very wet diaper, I can change when It's needed. But messy accidents (yes, rare), I simply go home. Thankfully they don't happen often. But if they do, I just go home. I get cleaned and showered before a clean diaper change.
By the way, watching hubbell/donohue dance ice at the Olympics was beautiful.

Babyspace1947 said:
Thank you. I don’t think my diaper is noticeable at all. But we will see.
So.... here we are in 2022, how's the diapered at work thing treating you? Are you still doing it? Has anyone found out?

ha, I deal with this on the regular with how nosy some of the staff are at my job I have to be a legit ninja 😂 memorizing movememt patterns, blind spots ect. I work 12-16 hour shifts and its hard to say at my job if I need to take my backpack to the bathroom with ppl seeing I just say I was going to put my backpack away on the way to the office but every situation is different

I have two safe areas at my work and usually only one staff to sneak past (I have had to rip off my pamp and carry it under my hoodie to the bathroom if both spots are being puppygaurded , and for sound flush to rip off and run the water to change 🤷🏻‍♀️ again without knowing what you have to get past its hard to help

I can't talk for 'babyspace1947.' Like I said, i'ts rare. But when they happen. it's easiest to just go home. I've had some accidents. They're not easy.

Back