Status
Not open for further replies.

PaddedAndHappy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
During the signup process, it asks what you are, IE: AB or DL, ETC.., but on the list, it has "Caretaker" can we got that changed to " Care Giver" or "Care Provider" instead? I think those terms sound better?

MoonMoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
During the signup process, it asks what you are, IE: AB or DL, ETC.., but on the list, it has "Caretaker" can we got that changed to " Care Giver" or "Care Provider" instead? I think those terms sound better?

I did always think it was a strange term, but is it common usage or just what we use?
You could have that option as well as others?

MarchinBunny

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
What is wrong with the term caretaker? It's generally what people are called in such a position.

Kenn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I think that IC should be separated into BIC and UIC. Big difference.

MoonMoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I am only making a guess. Bowel and Urinary.

That would fit, I was thinking about like something that you have just because or something you trained yourself to do, but couldn't think of the words to work.

Thanks x

PaddedAndHappy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
I'm looking at this way, if you're a Mommy or Daddy or Care Provider, giving care (changing and such), to those who need it-you are the Care Provider, whereas, one who needs that care, given to them, I would see as the Care Taker. what I'm guessing here though, is that some of us Yanks, many years ago, , besides deciding to drive on the side of the road that we do, may have changed/altered much of the terminology, just o be cantankerous and all?

IE: UK term-tube US term-subway UK: take away US: take out
there's a long list, of differences, including some spelling changes too

MarchinBunny

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
I'm looking at this way, if you're a Mommy or Daddy or Care Provider, giving care (changing and such), to those who need it-you are the Care Provider, whereas, one who needs that care, given to them, I would see as the Care Taker. what I'm guessing here though, is that some of us Yanks, many years ago, , besides deciding to drive on the side of the road that we do, may have changed/altered much of the terminology, just o be cantankerous and all?

IE: UK term-tube US term-subway UK: take away US: take out
there's a long list, of differences, including some spelling changes too

Ya, as far as I am aware Care Taker, even when you look up the definition means someone who takes care of, rather than takes care from.

Not sure if there are to many people out their confused by it to warrant an actual change.

PaddedAndHappy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
Oh,, it wasn't confusing to me, us Yanks, here in the States just have a bit of differences in terminologies, from those with a strong UK connection (or from the UK itself). For most, as soon as they see just the word: "care", they will pretty much know, it is in reference to one that gives attendance to those needing/requesting it. :smile: :thumbsup:

Oh, and yes, you are, of course, correct, the dictionary does list "care taker" as one, who provides said care. :graduate:

Status
Not open for further replies.