Change...............

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I've decided it's time to leave my job. I'm wanting to get maybe a job my mother once held, but it would require I change a huge part of how I live. I stay up late and wake up before noon. It can't do that anymore. Change freaks me out. Questions like "What if I get fired from that new job?" "What if this is the wrong move?" or "Why would I get hired for that job?" I panic with change. I hate it. I want change for my own sake, but it scares me to no end. My Support network is rather small. My mother, my adopted sister and my brothers. But I have a hard time asking for help. I'm a fighter, I fight mostly alone, and keep going till I win, but this battle has been going on for years. I'm going to try pushing myself alone, but I'm doubting it will be enough

Sapphyre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Incontinent
That's anxiety for you, hon. Believe me, I would know a thing or two about that… I'll be seeing a doctor soon about both my anxiety and depression issues. I recommend doing the same. *nudge nudge* ^.^

BoundCoder

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Some fear of change is normal.
If you haven't already, building at least a financial safety net can take the edge off. General recommendation is to have 6 months living expenses stashed away (and be honest, take your actual current living expenses, not how much you "could probably get by on".. and don't cheat by counting on EI or similar). If you get fired from your new job, this gives you some breathing room before you have to go into full on panic.

babyjoe698

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I been dealing with work anxiety too lately. But I am taking a 5 day weekend soon.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Changing jobs is always a big and nerve wracking decision. I can remember making mine in 1980. I had a 4 1/2 year old son and a 1 1/2 year old daughter. The change of job and move worked out well and I think it was good for my kids. Things often have a way or working out especially if you're working hard.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
*Really long reply ahead, take your time reading it, and processing the information before replying*

I feel a lot of sentiments about myself the same as the OP; change freaks me out too

In my situation I didn't worry so much about if it was the wrong move or if my new job wouldnt last, or if I would even get hired in the first place

my last job was the "Nightmare" Job I was hoping to escape, after a while I had realized things would never improve where I was at; they would only keep getting worse and I just couldn't handle the combination of being treated like crap and metaphorically asked to be their saviour

They didn't physically say that is what they wanted, but that is what they wanted and acted like anything less was unacceptable; meanwhile others could find ways to put forward no work and still keep their job and nobody was harassing them about it.

That job was so bad for me that I came to a point where I had a hard crash and ended up leaving early one day without telling anyone as I would probably have lost control due to physical and mental stress for 15 hour work days and not being able to get any meaningful sleep

By which I mean that I was probably running on under 2 hours of sleep for 3 days and I just couldn't keep going, so I left work, walked home, got upstairs and collapsed in my bed of exhaustion, and I could have been fired for that, but they didn't because I hadn't done anything wrong before that, never had any complaints against me.

And I definitely take on stress and keep fighting without asking for any kind of help; and I think that goes back to my anxiety and my bipolarism (usually more towards the manic side, but I usually at least have it contained to only the good parts of it combined with the ability to get enough sleep to function and not hard crash again.

I think that is what we need to change though, as much as we may try to do everything ourselves without any help from anybody else, eventually it becomes too much and that is much worse in the end.

That led me to eventually almost getting hospitalized on at least 2 occasions

Although it probably would have been more if not for the last place dropping me, so I found a doctor to prescribe my usual medication and all I have to do is go in, get examined, aswer a few questions and then everything is set until my next appointment.

They dont focus hugely on my mental health, but I'm managing pretty well without the Therapy/counseling .

BusyBritches

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Yes, anxiety depression, PSTD, etc. I have them all, and I have had them all of my life. The problem is, they are getting worse with age. 20, 30, even 40 years ago, I had them, but not so bad. Now, at the age of 60, they are crushing.

Fear of change? Yes. I am almost frozen and paralyzed by the fear and anxiety. I can certainly relate to what you are going through. :unsure: