Change assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Where I have to go if I need assistance due to cerebral palsy conditions to change a diaper during my trip around Florida? Any changing places / hospitals / rehabilitation centres?

Last edited:
Reactions: ABbilly
Where in Florida are you headed? If it's Disney World, you're all set. There are restrooms there that are set up like what Brits call Changing Places. Be advised, those aren't called Changing Places, but my mom said they did have big enough tables for adults when she took my family member. Now, do you need the physical space, and equipment to do it yourself, in which case, that would be enough, or, do you need an actual human to help you change? That's harder to find. I know, because I have a family member who could really use the same help she gets from her home health aid, when we go on vacation. Hmm. . . There are a few home care agencies that have travel companion programs, if you do need an actual person.

Last edited:
DanielW said:
You also won't find that hospitals or rehabilitation centers there will assist you as it is not legal for them to treat people who are not patients or residents. If you truly need this kind of assistance, you'll need to provide it for yourself by bringing or hiring an attendant.
Exactly. Now, rehab hospitals usually have the space and tables, but you won't get any help, and unless you've a reason to be there. . .

Sounds like you need an assistant to help you change

Need human assistance in case of messy diaper. In previous travel just went to hospital urgency and said that I have diarrhea today. During visit to doctor, they changed me

Some air ports, here do have changing place toilets, even if that's not the term we use. Like I said, some home health aid agencies do have travel companion programs. That's your best bet.

There are contract/hourly assistant services. You may want to contact several in the area to see what they charge and available services; Visiting Angels is one of them. Note don't even think of them as your personal fantasy trip. These are people are trying to help others for not a lot of pay and at times little respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back