Caught Buying Diapers

Pampersarecool80

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Is anyone scared to get caught buying diapers? I live in a medium sized city but always by diapers at smaller places like Dollar General vs Walmart because I am afraid to get caught. I buy baby diapers vs adult. Anyone ever get caught or what is your strategy buying diapers?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kittyinpink and Edgewater

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
A number of years ago I was buying some girl Goodnites for myself at Walmart's and the guy who was standing behind me in line started to laugh. I just ignored him. In a way, it was sort of a rush.

Reactions: Kittyinpink, Cottontail, Edgewater and 1 other person

Pampersarecool80

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I get that rush too but luckily haven't been caught. It's almost like a fun challenge to buy them now. Did you know the person?

Reactions: Edgewater

SoggyApril

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
It bothered me at first, but when it came to the point that I needed them, it didn't really bother me, no one pays attention.

Now that I'm even more in need of them (and far better than I can get in shops, I order all online now, so the only person who is gonna know is the postie.

Reactions: diaperdude and Edgewater

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Pampersarecool80 said:
Is anyone scared to get caught buying diapers? I live In a medium sized city but always by diapers at smaller placed like Dollar General becuase I am afraid to get caught. I buy baby diapers vs adult. Anyone ever get caught or what is your strategy buying diapers?

I would be more concerned about being seen buying adult diapers than I would a box of Pampers. That's because the vast majority of the population, even your closest friends and acquaintances, will think you are buying them for someone else. Or maybe some other use such as treating an abscess on your horse's hoof. If you are buying a case of Tranquility ATNs or Attends Premier at the local medical supply that matches your size, your girlfriend who saw you placing that HUGE CASE of "adult briefs" in the trunk of your car may start questioning her relationship!

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and Edgewater

Pampersarecool80

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Honeywell6180 said:
I would be more concerned about being seen buying adult diapers than I would a box of Pampers. That's because the vast majority of the population, even your closest friends and acquaintances, will think you are buying them for someone else. Or maybe some other use such as treating an abscess on a horse's hoof. If you are buying a case of Tranquility ATNs or Attends Premier at the local medical supply that matches your size, your girlfriend who saw you placing a box of "adult briefs" in the trunk of your car may start questioning her relationship!
Good point, I havent thought of it like that. That would be much more embarrassing getting caught that way, no really a good way out.

Reactions: Edgewater and Honeywell6180

RetroGirl15

Symbol of beauty & purity; Cure Cheri Blossom! 🌸
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
If ur fearful of buying diapers in public then just buy them online. Simple as that.

For example- I carry a diaper bag with me while out in public, no one ever says anything to me about it (maybe its bc im a woman)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kittyinpink, SuperMaidRavi, warmfeeling and 2 others

LilPaddedBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
These days I order all of mine online. I have my own house and get them delivered to the post office. They come in plain brown boxes so it's not much of an issue. I doubt the postal workers really care what's in my mail. Even if they knew, I just grab a plain box and go to the car with it so nobody else would have a clue.

When I first started out in my teens however, I used to go to a pharmacy at the next town over to minimize the risk of bumping into someone I knew. I also used to buy girls teen sized Goodnites. My logic was that they couldn't be for me since they were for younger girls, so I could say I was picking them up for someone else. Flawed logic I know lol.

One time I got the courage to pick up some plastic backed Depends. I made sure there was no one near the counter, went up quickly to buy them, and rushed out the door. It was nerve wrecking but I managed. I was kinda underwhelmed by the Depends and discovered much better diapers years later.

These days I wouldn't dare buy them at a local store. I work in the public and live in a small town, so it would be pretty much guaranteed that I would run into someone who knew me. Plus I now know that most store brands suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, warmfeeling, wowser81 and 2 others

KindaOlde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I buy mine from Northshore. They ship in a FedEx box and deliver to my local Walgreens where I can pick them up.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Edgewater

Elhon

Baby
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I say I am baby sitting and they are for the kids I am with. Just add you do not even think they will fit you and most people will accept it, at least I think they do.

Reactions: Edgewater and Pampersarecool80

Edgewater

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Fear is nothing but a reaction set-upon us when we fail to make the basic choice: Fight or Flight which is a true emotion. In this care :buying opening or not buying at all.
If you are concerned, do what us IC folks do: buy in volume direct from a major seller like North Shore and receive the value of reduced cost, and direct to your front porch. They even package them in non-describe cardboard boxes.
Your postie really could care less, as s/he is only concerned with getting everything delivered! The time required to determine what is in the box or package, is holding s/he from their break.

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve been caught buying like 3 bags of diapers. I was at the checkout and my friend and his girlfriend walks in. His GF looks me up and down, takes a step back and has this “hell no” look and just walks off. My friend was like “oh yea? Well….. cya!” And gets the hell out of there asap. I was in a totally soaked diaper at the time too. One of the most embarrassing moments of my life actually, that memory lived rent free in my head for a long, long time.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: TigerDL, oldskool, todderhr and 2 others

Pampersarecool80

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
LePew said:
I’ve been caught buying like 3 bags of diapers. I was at the checkout and my friend and his girlfriend walks in. His GF looks me up and down, takes a step back and has this “hell no” look and just walks off. My friend was like “oh yea? Well….. cya!” And gets the hell out of there asap. I was in a totally soaked diaper at the time too. One of the most embarrassing moments of my life actually, they memory lived rent free in my head for a long, long time.
That is what I am afraid of to be honest, some people I could explain the situation but a number of people where I wouldn't have an explanation.

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
dogboy said:
A number of years ago I was buying some girl Goodnites for myself at Walmart's and the guy who was standing behind me in line started to laugh. I just ignored him. In a way, it was sort of a rush.
There is no way of interpreting that where that guy isn’t the asshole. Keep that in mind.

Reactions: starpointrune

littlefun

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I buy my stuff at local store all the time and love to see the look on others faces when I walk around with them sitting in my cart. If anyone asks I just tell them they are for an older family member that live with me. Which is true. Just they aren't for the them. Lol

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Oh man I still remember those nerve wracking diaper buying trips. The time scouting the parking lot for cars of ppl that know me, scouting the store aisles, the pounding heart, wobbling knees and the fast pace walk out the store just freaking out that someone I know could be walking in as I'm rapidly exiting the store with my bag of diapers. How would I explain the diapers?
Thankfully I've never been caught but there were some close calls.
Glad those days are behind me now. No more nerve wracking trips now that I buy exclusively online.

Reactions: TigerDL, oldskool, geka and 3 others

DLNerd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If I buy molicare diapers, they dropship from the local distributor. The distributor just leaves them in the case boxes and ships them with a local carrier, sometimes without even taping the top of the boxes. If I wasn't home the last time I bought them, I would have been caught.

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Nowididit said:
Oh man I still remember those nerve wracking diaper buying trips. The time scouting the parking lot for cars of ppl that know me, scouting the store aisles, the pounding heart, wobbling knees and the fast pace walk out the store just freaking out that someone I know could be walking in as I'm rapidly exiting the store with my bag of diapers. How would I explain the diapers?
Thankfully I've never been caught but there were some close calls.
Glad those days are behind me now. No more nerve wracking trips now that I buy exclusively online.
That is exactly what it was like!

Angelapinks

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
LePew said:
I’ve been caught buying like 3 bags of diapers. I was at the checkout and my friend and his girlfriend walks in. His GF looks me up and down, takes a step back and has this “hell no” look and just walks off. My friend was like “oh yea? Well….. cya!” And gets the hell out of there asap. I was in a totally soaked diaper at the time too. One of the most embarrassing moments of my life actually, that memory lived rent free in my head for a long, long time.
I got caught at Wal Mart once by friends when I was buying Gerber plastic pants. I had them in the cart and was looking around when I heard somebody say HEY. I stopped and looked back and when I saw them I walked quickly to them leaving the buggy behind. After small talk we walked to the toy section and I discovered they were buying things for their son's baby that they just found out about. I left them and went home vowing to go back early the next day.

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy li'l toddler girl in DDs and PPs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
Four words: "Buying for a friend".

"Asking for a friend" meets its match! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, starpointrune, Pampersarecool80 and 4 others