Status
Not open for further replies.

diapermefast

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
It's umm... interesting. And as was said already, risky. Need to be very careful that everything is clean and sterile to minimize the risk of a UTI. Drink lots of fluid afterwards as well to flush out the system. Some good information on catheter play is available at a medicaltoys website that ADISC rules is refusing to allow me to post since this is only my third post.

When I was experimenting I had several different sizes that I tried. While they all worked, in all but one case it felt like I had to pee really, really badly the entire time it was in. The last one just felt like I sort of had to pee. It is very disconcerting to feel like you have to pee, then flexing the muscles to try to pee like normal and not have anything happen.

Inserting it feels very strange. You can feel it sliding somewhere inside you but can't really pinpoint where. A line of cold that starts at the outside and leads somewhere in your insides. As it gets further in the urge to pee gets stronger and stronger. It's uncomfortable but doesn't really hurt.

When I played I let it drain directly into the diaper, something not recommended due to the chance of things traveling back up into the bladder. It was also difficult to get the external bit of the catheter and the penis in a relatively comfortable position that doesn't shift when you move. Not good when there is a thingy sticking out of your penis that is moving around when you walk. The lubricant at the outside end wears down and that friction starts becoming unpleasant.

All of that, generally not so bad. Not comfortable, but not bad. I think I could deal with it for a few hours before the constant feeling of "I really have to pee!" gets old.

The bad part was removal. Bladder and urethra have been clamping down for some time due to that "Must pee!" feeling. Still clamping down now. As the first little bit slides out the urge to pee gets even stronger so you clamp down even more which increases friction on the tube. Friction on your insides is not very pleasant. Stop pulling it out until you relax a bit and stop clamping down. Start sliding it out again and promptly clamp down again. At this point though when you clamp down it also starts pushing the catheter out, as if your peeing out a long latex tube. Pause, relax, and repeat until it's all the way out. Yay! All done and everything is back to normal, right?

Nope. Not yet. The worst part is coming. For the next 12-36 hours it will burn every time you pee and you'll have to pee fairly often the first few hours after it's removed. Unfortunately you'll only be peeing a little bit each time and the worst pain is when you first start to pee.

My initial thought was the leftover lubricant on the inside had to get flushed out. While writing this though I realized that there may be some inflammation and irritation inside the urethra from that friction during the removal. Definitely seen irritation on the penis head and urethra opening so I imagine the inside of the urethra may have something similar. Probably both since I'm pretty sure I could feel the beginning of the line of burning moving from my inside toward the outside with each pee. The burning pee hurts. A lot. Probably similar to passing a kidney stone.

Also, masturbating while a catheter is inserted is a bad idea. Did that the first time. Having to keep the dangly catheter controlled so it isn't rubbing the tip of the urethra is difficult. Assuming that is managed, when you ejaculate there is no where for the semen to easily go due to the catheter being in the way. It will slowly work its way out around the catheter but is accompanied by pain similar to the burning pee pain.

So... yeah. After all of that I can say that I did find it interesting to play with. Losing the ability to control my pee gave some insight into being incontinent. It was fascinating yet irritating to have pee dribble and spurt out uncontrollably. Filled and leaked through a my diaper a few different times without being aware of it until I stood up. That was also fascinating. And annoying.

Anyway, I don't recommend catheter play. I personally found it interesting to try but it is risky and the aftereffects suck something fierce.

I have to agree with almost all of your points, i have tried a catheter and they were definatly not as good as i thought they would be, i would say they were interesting but the damn things get annoying after a while. I also had a bad experience that involved blood!!!! when removing the catheter, when i deflated the baloon i was sure all the liquid was removed however after you remove the liquid that inflates the ballon the catheter will not go back to its original shape and i found leaves a little ridge that is bigger than the main part of the catheter. That experience put me of forever!!!! However i know people who use them all the time and dont have a bad thing to say about them :confused:

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Never had the pleasure(?) of having one stuck up in me and, honestly, hope I never have the opportunity or circumstance to require it having to be done! I'm about due for a coloniscopy, and I'm not looking forward to that either.:eek:

~Pramrider

maccracker18

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Well, right after i hurt my back... the first time i was really unable to pee, kinda ironic now though because i cant stop now. Any way i went for about a day where i didn't pee hardly at all, and the only time i would pee is when the pain in my kidney area was excruciating. After about another day of that, my urine when i did pee was turning colors, so my mom tried to take me to the dr who at that time was closed. So she took me up to the hospital er to see if they could do anything, since she knew that since my urine was getting so dark nothing good could be happening. I was there in the er about 5 hours and the pain in my kidneys was killing me and i hadn't been able to go since i got there. Thats when the dr decided to put my cath in. When the nurse came in i almost screamed when he checked to make sure the balloon would inflate at the tip, but i just kinda laid there with a scared look on my face. It wasnt bad going in... for about the first maybe 1/4inch lol, after that all bets were off. My mom was standing outside the room and down by the drs desk, which was about 20ft away, and she could hear me screaming what was probably the worst profanity of my life lol. Once it was in though i didnt have that must pee feeling. It was kinda like that feeling you get when you really need to go, and just start going. Between that and the pain meds they gave me i was almost euphoric lol. Its funny now though because I've been to the er since and the guy still remembers me, it also probably helps that he's the guy who i always ask for to do my IV lines lol. And when im feeling up to it i always joke with him about owing him a beer, because of how good i felt afterwords lol.
Oh and the only other things i remember about it was the 2nd night i was there and had it in, i must have had a really good dream because... well... you can guess what happened. But all i remember was screaming and hitting the nurse call button. Thankfully there wasn't really anyone else on the pedi wing that night because i would have probably woken all of them up lol. I think that pain was probably worse than what it was like going in. And i can honestly say it wasn't all that bad coming out. There was some pain, but not enough to make you want to kill the nurse lol.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I have never tried one and I don't intend to, unless it is required medically. The idea of something going up there just makes me uncomfortable. It is just something that I would never want to do. I have heard of people saying that it hurts, or at least is incredibly uncomfortable, and I know that things are not meant to go up your penis. If it isn't meant to be done, and it is supposed to hurt, I don't want to do it unless I have no other choice.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I probably had a worse experience than others, thinking back on it. It was an army medic who put it in, and though they're given about as much reign as RN's in an army hospital, they're not trained for much more than an IV stick(I know because I'm a medic in the Texas National Guard). That, and when I came in, they thought I was an intentional OD, so didn't really render care as carefully in terms of patient comfort. He probably selected a size that was slightly off and it didn't work out too well. Still, I don't want to ever go through that experience again, it wouldn't be comfortable even with a highly trained professional using the perfect equipment.

LostInMyHead

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Wow.....

for some reason my interest in catheters is dwindling quickly...

thanks for the insight!

July

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had to have one at the hospital once recently. Needless to say it was a terribly traumatic experience and I cannot personally understand how people get physical pleasure out of it. :(

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
July,

I am truly sorry for your loss. Being in a turbulent situation like Hurricane Ike while enduring that had to be really rough. When Real Life wallops us, it reminds us that so many other things are trivial and while not meaningless, definitely WAAAAy down the scale of priority. We get caught up in our ruts and habits and fantasies, or just living, only to have a reminder of our mortality presented, causing all of those things to pale in comparison.

I wouldn't say that this kind of experimentation is for the physical pleasure (everyone that has done it has certainly found that doesn't exist) rather it's trying to satisfy a desire for the experience of incontinence (a way of trying to recapture our childhood lack of voluntary control), and most of us that have tried it won't continue, knowing the whole scope of the experience. (the pain is not worth the benefit)

I hope that your current pregnancy goes well, and you never have to repeat those trying times again.:hug:

July

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
July,

I am truly sorry for your loss. Being in a turbulent situation like Hurricane Ike while enduring that had to be really rough. When Real Life wallops us, it reminds us that so many other things are trivial and while not meaningless, definitely WAAAAy down the scale of priority. We get caught up in our ruts and habits and fantasies, or just living, only to have a reminder of our mortality presented, causing all of those things to pale in comparison.

I wouldn't say that this kind of experimentation is for the physical pleasure (everyone that has done it has certainly found that doesn't exist) rather it's trying to satisfy a desire for the experience of incontinence (a way of trying to recapture our childhood lack of voluntary control), and most of us that have tried it won't continue, knowing the whole scope of the experience. (the pain is not worth the benefit)

I hope that your current pregnancy goes well, and you never have to repeat those trying times again.:hug:

Thank you so much! And thanks for explaining too, that it's not necessarily for physical pleasure, but for the experience. I can understand that better and it makes more sense to me, rather than some one thinking it just feels good.

On another note, I'm on the first day of my 2nd trimester (yeah, we didn't wait long to try again after the miscarriage) and I think I might be starting to feel better! :)

ShyBaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I got quite obsessed about the idea a few years ago, did a load of research, ordered some in and tried one out. I decided to start with an intermittent catheter - made from PVC with no balloon.

So, going in it was mostly not too bad; a bit uncomfortable, but nothing I didn't expect. However, when it hit my prostate, it was incredibly intense, moving to painful. I kept going and it kept getting more painful - when it finally reached my bladder, the pee that came out was tainted with blood. I didn't leave it in too long after; I was too freaked out. (Actually, after it had come out I didn't have too many problems; one rather uncomfortable pee and fine after that.)

Needless to say, that initial outcome put me off the whole idea and I haven't tried them since. That said, I may try them again one day. I think the choice of catheter and the size were the main problem there (nurses tend to favour larger sizes because they're actually safer for insertion, but probably not as comfortable for the recipient. I used a smaller size)

In addition to the rather inauspicious start I too was worried about the idea of leaving an open catheter in a diaper - my original plan was to cut the bag off a regular catheter bag, leaving the one-way valve, but the pain and blood of the first experience was enough to scare me right off so it's been hypothetical ever since.

Receiving a catheter is a risky business, but so is crossing the road or a hundred other things we do each day - the main thing is to research properly to the point where you can do an informed risk assessment:

• what is the risk of something going wrong? (and how do you reduce it?)
  • what are the consequences of something going wrong? (people around you finding out, hospitalization, a lingering and painful infection, incontinence or worse)
  • what are the potential benefits and do they justify the risk?

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Risk of going wrong couldnt it be that you get unable to pee? I was told by a nurse when I was in hospital, they said I had to wait a couple of hours before they could do something so the pee would flow into some bag otherwise when they would remove it I would have problems holding it or something. I cant understand though how anyone gets pleasure from Catheters, its one of the most painful things I have ever gotten inserted!

gfvgthc

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Never used, but thought about.
The only one reason stops me from playing with such type of medical tools - it can really hurt and make a damage to your health.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I had to learn how to use one after my back surgery. Typically for a lot of back surgeries, it left me with the inability to pee. A middle aged nurse, female, taught me how to self insert it. It was a day of horror, but it was the only way they would let me go home. They had no time line as to when I would be able to pee on my own. In fact, they said that I might never be able to pee. I also had no ability to experience sexual excitement, etc. It was all dead down there.

There are catheter sizes, like 14, 16, etc. and I did have a prescription. The catheters had to be boiled after each use because of the possibility of infection. I had to use KY to lubricate the catheter, and then insert it through the "pee hole". It didn't hurt nearly as bad as the orderlies who would come to my hospital bed and do it. They kind of were like pirates shoving a rope through an eye hole. Anyway, once the catheter was inserted, the pee would come out, so I had to be sure the end of the tube was directed into the toilet. There was nothing enjoyable about this. There was always the possibility of infection, and of course I kept wondering if I would able be able to feel like I had to go pee.

Eventually, one day that feeling started to return. I said a prayer and went to the bathroom, where I was successful. What a relief! Then I tried masturbation, and that worked too. It was truly a memorable day. For all of you, be glad you don't need one.

Z

zakrawr

catheters wouldn't go near one with a 12 foot barge pole. never had one when i been in hospital, then again never had diapers on me in hospital. :sad:
have used those stupid water resistant cardboard disposable bed pans instead when i was too ill to use the toilet.

Ranger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I've experimented with foley catheters a few times. Overall, I don't have many negative things to say about them, except for maybe the constant urge to pee.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I tried a catheter once and it was not a pleasant experience. Going in it was very uncomfortable and once in the feeling was even more unpleasant. What really surprised me was once it was out the first few time I peed it burned intensely. I doubt I will ever try one again.

catman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have had them inserted in the hospital and also had a UTI and had to have one for a week untill the infection was gone. My last visit to the doctors showed that I have retention and said that on the next vist that if the same thing happened that I might have to use a cath. a couple of time a day to help prevent kindy damage. Done for medical reasons I did not have any problems you just have to relax on insertation and removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.