Status
Not open for further replies.

LostInMyHead

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Does anyone have experience with wearing a catheter?

Does anyone still or currently use a catheter?

What's your experience been like?

I've often wondered about using catheters but haven't had the guts to try yet...

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Catheters are such a terrible idea. Even for medicinal issues. Blech.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You know, it's something I thought about in the past. Not too seriously, but something I thought would be cool to have the whole losing control experience.

But, it never happened, and for various (good!) reasons. For one, I just can't imagine sticking a tube up my pee-hole. The idea still irks me, even if it were done by a medical professional. However, most importantly, if not done correctly it can cause serious health problems. If it's not inserted correctly you could damage your urethra or bladder or other sensitive things in there, and if it's not sterilized properly you could develop some nasty infections.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I've been interested in it...I'll probably try it someday

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Been there, Done that! Not shure I should discuss it in detail here in a teen based public forum. It can be good but learn and read alot before attempting. Cleanleness is #1 and be willing to see a Dr. if there is any possibility of infection.

Nam

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I never thought about using one and I heard they hurt a little even when correctly put in.

However I think I'll be okay with a enema but that's a different matter anyways.

covvie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Catheter play

It's umm... interesting. And as was said already, risky. Need to be very careful that everything is clean and sterile to minimize the risk of a UTI. Drink lots of fluid afterwards as well to flush out the system. Some good information on catheter play is available at a medicaltoys website that ADISC rules is refusing to allow me to post since this is only my third post.

When I was experimenting I had several different sizes that I tried. While they all worked, in all but one case it felt like I had to pee really, really badly the entire time it was in. The last one just felt like I sort of had to pee. It is very disconcerting to feel like you have to pee, then flexing the muscles to try to pee like normal and not have anything happen.

Inserting it feels very strange. You can feel it sliding somewhere inside you but can't really pinpoint where. A line of cold that starts at the outside and leads somewhere in your insides. As it gets further in the urge to pee gets stronger and stronger. It's uncomfortable but doesn't really hurt.

When I played I let it drain directly into the diaper, something not recommended due to the chance of things traveling back up into the bladder. It was also difficult to get the external bit of the catheter and the penis in a relatively comfortable position that doesn't shift when you move. Not good when there is a thingy sticking out of your penis that is moving around when you walk. The lubricant at the outside end wears down and that friction starts becoming unpleasant.

All of that, generally not so bad. Not comfortable, but not bad. I think I could deal with it for a few hours before the constant feeling of "I really have to pee!" gets old.

The bad part was removal. Bladder and urethra have been clamping down for some time due to that "Must pee!" feeling. Still clamping down now. As the first little bit slides out the urge to pee gets even stronger so you clamp down even more which increases friction on the tube. Friction on your insides is not very pleasant. Stop pulling it out until you relax a bit and stop clamping down. Start sliding it out again and promptly clamp down again. At this point though when you clamp down it also starts pushing the catheter out, as if your peeing out a long latex tube. Pause, relax, and repeat until it's all the way out. Yay! All done and everything is back to normal, right?

Nope. Not yet. The worst part is coming. For the next 12-36 hours it will burn every time you pee and you'll have to pee fairly often the first few hours after it's removed. Unfortunately you'll only be peeing a little bit each time and the worst pain is when you first start to pee.

My initial thought was the leftover lubricant on the inside had to get flushed out. While writing this though I realized that there may be some inflammation and irritation inside the urethra from that friction during the removal. Definitely seen irritation on the penis head and urethra opening so I imagine the inside of the urethra may have something similar. Probably both since I'm pretty sure I could feel the beginning of the line of burning moving from my inside toward the outside with each pee. The burning pee hurts. A lot. Probably similar to passing a kidney stone.

Also, masturbating while a catheter is inserted is a bad idea. Did that the first time. Having to keep the dangly catheter controlled so it isn't rubbing the tip of the urethra is difficult. Assuming that is managed, when you ejaculate there is no where for the semen to easily go due to the catheter being in the way. It will slowly work its way out around the catheter but is accompanied by pain similar to the burning pee pain.

So... yeah. After all of that I can say that I did find it interesting to play with. Losing the ability to control my pee gave some insight into being incontinent. It was fascinating yet irritating to have pee dribble and spurt out uncontrollably. Filled and leaked through a my diaper a few different times without being aware of it until I stood up. That was also fascinating. And annoying.

Anyway, I don't recommend catheter play. I personally found it interesting to try but it is risky and the aftereffects suck something fierce.

Last edited:
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have had hospital stays before.. and luckily they have never used one on me. My dad however during his hospital stay had one.... and when they took it out, I swear I could hear him loudly grunt... and that man has a ridiculous pain threshold

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Had to have one in the hospital once when I had a bad reaction to a new medication. I was aware of everything around me, but didn't have control of motor functions or speech. I remember them putting it in, and it was very painful, and accompanied by an intense feeling that you HAVE TO PEE RIGHT NOW!!! I didn't have it in very long while I was awake, as I slipped into a coma about an hour after it was put in. Later, once I woke up, I remember it being the same having to go feeling, but it was only about a day. When it was taken out, it was also painful, though not as bad as putting it in.

For those interested in using them for play, I discourage it. They're painful, annoying, and pose a great risk of infection if done even slightly incorrectly. Maintaining a sterile field isn't something most people are even aware of how to do, much less have the correct tools.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Yikes...those do not really sound fun. I once thought about them, but brushed off the idea considering a friend of mine told me they were really painful.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The idea makes me cringe, like other people said.
Hell naw.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
:bunny: I hope I never have to experience that! That's what my adult diapers are for - maybe I'm just practicing for the real show. :bunny:

BitterGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
...Anyway, I don't recommend catheter play. I personally found it interesting to try but it is risky and the aftereffects suck something fierce.

Great description, Covvie. I think it has many of the makings of a new wiki article. Having a detailed description available might dispel some of the curiosity, and discourage people from trying them just to learn what wearing one would be like.

I have to admit to a curiosity about catheters myself, although I haven't tried them. Specifically, I was wondering if the flow would be a discrete on and off, a continuous dribble, or both under different circumstances.

Such an article should probably leave out specific details like methods for purchasing catheters without a prescription, or estimating one's size. It would need to be a compromise between informing and enabling.

What do you think?

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
No, thank you. The thought of sticking something into my pee hole makes me cringe, so any slight interest I may have to try being incontinent for a limited period of time just to see what it's like, the risks of having a catheter in me far outweigh my curiosity.

Peachy

covvie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have to admit to a curiosity about catheters myself, although I haven't tried them. Specifically, I was wondering if the flow would be a discrete on and off, a continuous dribble, or both under different circumstances.

It's both :) I thought it would just be a constant dribble but it depends.

First, there is a constant stream as soon as the catheter enters the bladder as the bladder empties out. After that it stops for a bit. As you move around though the remaining pee in your bladder also moves around and finds it's way out, so there are small spurts occasionally as you move. When you reflexively clamp down due to the MUST PEE NOW! feeling there will occasionally be spurts of pee that come out as well.

The rest of the time there are pauses and then some dribbles while your kidneys are processing and excreting pee. Bladder drains, pause for a while, enough pee builds up to reach the catheter level so it dribbles out.

Imagine a leaky faucet that drips into a sippy cup every few seconds. It won't overflow and spill out of the cup continuously. The water level has to exceed the top of the cup by a certain amount before it overflows and lowers the water level to just under the top of the cup. Repeat. Your kidneys would be the faucet, the bladder would be the sippy cup, and the catheter would be the top of the sippy cup where the overflow spills out. The length of the pauses and volume of pee would vary depending on how your body is processing and excreting fluids.

Note that in all instances you can not feel the pee coming out like you normally do. The only thing you can feel is the continuous "MUST PEE NOW"! feeling. I noticed from direct observation while not diapered or while the diaper was open.

About the wiki, sounds like a good idea to me. I suck at creating something from scratch though so I won't be the one creating it. I am good at editing so if someone else builds it I'll be happy to edit.

I agree with you about not going into how to purchase and sizing. It would also be good to start out with reasons why it is a bad idea (UTI, internal trauma, whatever else I'm forgetting right now). However I do think that there should either be another wiki or a pointer to where to find information on how to be as safe as possible. I know that seems to go against not providing specific how-to bits, but I expect that regardless of how bad it sounds or how strongly it is recommended not to do it there will likely be someone who decides that they want to do it anyway. For those (hopefully few) people I would like to make sure that they have as much information as possible to be as safe as possible.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I've made a Wiki article on it...I've made some sections that those of you that actually know something about them can fill out...When you fill them out, try not to put it in a first person perspective (When I do something...)...Although I've made one, I don't know if it would stay an article, since it's something that could be dangerous...

http://www.adisc.org/wiki/index.php/Catheters

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Eever since I saw the House episode where he had to use one, I was terrified. As odd as it seems, it gave me continuous nightmares for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.