• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Car Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Does anyone see faces when you look at the front of a car? Like the license plates are the teeth, then headlights are the eyes, etc? I always see this when I look...It's probably not as obvious in other countries where you have different shaped license plates though

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Yeah i've seen that every now and then and i've seen it with the back of school buses too.

M

Mako

Curse you herby and your anthropomorphizing ways. But yes, and I'm pretty sure cars are designed like that to give a feeling to it. Like a VW beetle is supposed to look cute, and sports cars are meant to look scary or sexy.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yes some cars look as though they are smileing, some look like they are mad, in fact the newer style mustangs were designed with a scowl look. Not sure of the spelling on that.

They are some cars I just won't buy because of the look they have, I have to like the shape of the car, color for me is second, I will not buy black or green, any shade of silver is my favorite, and I like all shades of red.

But then again I'm a car nut, and have owned over 300 cars, since I have been driveing.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
I do see faces in cars sometimes. The smaller and cheaper cars tend to have a cute look, sports cars look like the snobby type, Japanese cars look like a person who fights alot and muscle cars look like a rebel/baddy person

Siddy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I think my car kinda looks like a crazy cat.

but then you have cars that look mad and one that look like they dont know whats going on with a blank type of look, but you have have to smile when you see a happy car

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer

I dunno what kind of face my car has, but I sure like it!

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I see them all the time. It's mostly the same for what other people said when it comes to cars, but for motorcycles, that's a whole n'other ball park I think that some of the slick ones (like Yamaha, a company that build musical instruments and motorcycles...wtf?) look like a feral predetor to me, it's really cool.

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I like threads like this because it's one of those little things that I think a lot of people see, but they never mention it because we're all like "What if I'm the only person who sees this?" So I'm glad I'm not the only one who's ever seen faces in cars. ;)

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Oh yeah, like all the friggin' time! I didn't know that other people saw them as well, 'cause every now and then I'd point that out to somebody, and they'd look at it for a while, and then go, "Yeah, I see it now." Most of the time I see faces on the backs of cars, though, just because I see those (the backs of cars) more often. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
YES! I do this all the time in car rides -- I always see faces on cars.

Oh, and if my car had a face, it would be a retard.

Doesn't that scream "HUHDUUUUHHHHH" to you? xP

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I just heard this news report a few nights ago on the very subject:

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=73871

Per the report, people "tend to prefer cars that look masculine, aggressive and dominating." It even has a name - "pareidolia, or the tendency to see faces or human traits in inanimate objects..."

So you're far from being alone, Pojo. You're seeing what the car maker intended for you to see - a face!

Pramrider

B

Butterfly Mage

I read on one of the hybrid blog that it's no accident that the front end of a Hummer looks reptilian. It was purposefully designed to connect with the warlike, teritorial. and primitive aspects of the human psyche.

Now, I'm guessing that the Honda Fit looks sorta insect-like because the car was designed to be agile, light, and spritely -- like flying insects are.

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
YES! I do this all the time in car rides -- I always see faces on cars.

Oh, and if my car had a face, it would be a retard.

Doesn't that scream "HUHDUUUUHHHHH" to you? xP
NO no no your car just has a Johny Five face, so it is not human, but JOHNFIVE IS ALIVE.

But here is my little car, I think of it as a teen age SUV with Braces

jenoleander

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
All cars have a face. No one can tell met that an old truck doesn't look like an old farm hand working to support his family. Or a fireturck doesn't look heroic and regal. Even planes have a face. Look at the A-10 worthog...small but able to kick some major butt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.