Car Enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

inquantum

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've been thinking. Are there any car enthusiasts right here?

Be it American muscle cars to dinky Japanese roadsters.

I'm more into Japanese cars, driving Skylines and Evos are my preferred ride. Tuning a Skyline to 1400bhp is my dream.

I'm purchasing a '92 Civic ESi soon, and I am seriously considering dropping in a B20 engine with a custom manifold, turbocharger to boot with fuel injectors. A straight through exhaust fitting to increase overall performance by a tad. Shortshifter and the works. Boost controller in tow and I might have the engine blueprinted if I can spare the cash. Was also thinking of reprogramming the VTEC to fully open at 3K rpm rather than the standard 4.5K.

Anyone knows how to spoof it up some more?

Role
Diaper Lover
Here's one!

I'm also more into Japanese cars. Cars like Nissan Silvia S13-S15, Skyline R32-R34, 350z, 200sx, Mitsubishi Evo, Subaru impreza, Toyota Sprinter Trueno aka AE86 etc. are my dream cars and I want to own one of them in the future.

I think those modifications will be good

Ive been thinking when I got my driving license next year I'm going to buy Japanese car like Civic, Corolla, Primera or something. I'm going to spend more money to outfit than under the bonnet. Bodykits, spoilers, rims...
But turbo is never a bad thing :D

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Cars... naw... IDK much about them. I prefer american 4-cyl performance over imports though.

I'm currently driving a 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS... supercharged... ~240hp to the wheels. I'm in the slow process of rebuilding a 1989 Dodge Daytona with a 2.5L turbo 4. Should be a heck of a sleeper in a few months.

inquantum

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It seems pretty much that we have dreams for our cars.

Dorikin, it also depends on what you want the car to do. Each car has its different characteristics. If you want to do track, I suggest to go for an Evo, maybe an Evo VIII GSR or MR. If you want to just put it up for show, a Silvia, Skyline, Evo and Impreza would be good choices due to the selection of aftermarket parts.

Look at a Civic for its roadworthiness. A Corolla wouldn't be all that bad either. Or a Toyota Camry if you can afford it. I drove it quite a few times and find the car pretty okay. A driving license is definitely an asset wherever you go. Good luck in getting the license ASAP!!!

Holy crap. 240bhp! That should be a stock model. Imagine if you just reprogrammed the ECU some and fine tuned it, man... You'd be a speed demon!

Too bad there ain't such cars in Singapore. Would like to try a hand at rebuilding an old car. Something like a 1964 Mustang. Haha. Big wish.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Count me in!

But I prefer muscle cars! In fact, I work on them! :)

The overseas cars are alright as far as driving them, but working on them can be a hassle..

Last edited:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Holy crap. 240bhp! That should be a stock model. Imagine if you just reprogrammed the ECU some and fine tuned it, man... You'd be a speed demon!
The car is lightly modded. I/H/E... injectors... 16PSI pulley... and ECU tune. It was ~210 stock. A few of the boys in my car club are well over 300. I don't need a speed demon... this car causes enough trouble as is.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
yep, am a huge enthusiest but have crossed the "car geek" border as of recent. Currently drive a 1997 Lexus SC300 5-speed (the last year they made em.) If you don't know what it looks like, its basically a Toyota Supra non-turbo with a heavy tuxedo on, while still staying a LOT cheaper. I have dreams of a 3UZ mated to my 5-speed W58...oh whoops, did it again...what i mean is i want the Lexus SC430 engine (4.3 V8) mated to the manual transmission already existing on my car. Not very easy as i need a custom flywheel and an adaptor plate, not to mention replacing some OEM parts in between...for now though i need to get rid of my rice-a-roni rims that the last owner installed as they are too heavy and killing my gas mileage (premium gas FTL...:frown:). Im going drag racing for the first time tonight, don't expect much though, probably high 15s, low 16s...

Too bad there ain't such cars in Singapore. Would like to try a hand at rebuilding an old car. Something like a 1964 Mustang. Haha. Big wish.
Well, you're in Japan's side of the world with right hand drive so you have access to all the Japanese cars we Jap tuners all crave over here. I know because i lived in Kuala Lumpur for two years :smile1: might want to look into buying a Lancer Evo or even a Silvia...or maybe a Proton....:laugh:

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have been know to be a car nut myself, I have a honda civic right now an 07 LX coupe, 5 spd, I like it very much, and I like the 38 mpg better.

I also have a 08 Silverado pick-up SWB 4wd, nice truck not to many miles to a gallon like 15.

And I have a corvette an 02 Zo6, that I don't drive too much, I'm trying to keep the miles low for resale, next summer I hope to get a new one, but not a Z, I can't see 80K for a car.

And I have ATV an 06, honda rancher for polwing snow.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
I am into cars. I currently own several with my daily driver being a 1995 Taurus SHO 5 speed. It is quite quick and sufficientlly munches most rice. It has a 220hp Yamaha (yes Yamaha) v6 engine putting out 200 foot pounds of torq. It is pretty nice, just ask Ballucanb. Oh and his vette is pretty sweet looking also.Fastest I've had it up to is around 137 mph.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
i have an audi 90s that i just bought and hope to gain some money to put some work into, but if i could have my dream car it would be either an audi ur-quattro or a vw gti rallye. love rally cars.

inquantum

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Haha.

Yes, a VW GTi smoked my ass and handed it over to me the other day when I was driving a stock Evo.

You could put it that I have more access to the cars here in Singapore, but then, regulatory laws require it to undergo extensive testing to certify it to be road legal. I could do a million and one things to the car, but it wouldn't be road legal then. And in Singapore, the law has a sick sense of humor. They tow your car back to some garage, get some guy who doesn't give a damn on how he works and dismantles your car in front of you to remove all the modifications. Then they hand you 3 slips of paper. One is to pay for his time and effort, another for the fine of the offence committed, and the last is a "Thank you, come again" letter from the Traffic Police.

@ TallestBabyEver: Dude, are you seriously kidding me? No offense, but a Proton? Haha... While I would admit that the Proton has much potential to mimick most Japanese car makes, it has no potential whatsoever in performing better than a Skyline or an Evo. You may mod a Proton to look like an Evo, but it would always be a Proton nonetheless. I'd rather settle for an old EG9 than a Proton.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
@ TallestBabyEver: Dude, are you seriously kidding me? No offense, but a Proton? Haha... While I would admit that the Proton has much potential to mimick most Japanese car makes, it has no potential whatsoever in performing better than a Skyline or an Evo. You may mod a Proton to look like an Evo, but it would always be a Proton nonetheless. I'd rather settle for an old EG9 than a Proton.
LOL i was kidding about the Proton. I remember how much those things were crap cars. A friend mine's mother was a teacher at my school and drove a POS hatchback that barely ran. They're ugly and unreliable, but they are cheap, ill give em that. Ah, those were the days....looking back i wish i was a car geek then so i could drool over all the hot cars there :cool:

inquantum

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Haha... I wouldn't discredit the Proton to literally being a POS, but it is near there with the Saga. The wira, however, was slightly better and more comfy, but to a certain extent only. It's meant to be a budget car for those Malaysians in a lower income group.

They launched the Proton Gen2 a couple of years back, and it was a great improvement. But somehow, market consensus still believes that it does suck, which they are still right. But I would say that at the very least to Proton's credit, that the Gen2 was more responsive to the steering, power control and suspension than the wira ever was. A big improvement over the years. But safety wise, on airbags and structural intergrity however, is still below par when compared to Nissan or Toyota.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I enjoy vehicles and have spent many hours tinkering. However, mine either have four wheel drive (with low range) or two wheels. Most of the effort was just to fix what broke. As for fuel prices, my enduro bike (600cc street legal dirt bike) is seeing a lot more use lately.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Count me out. My car gets me places I cannot reach in resonable time by bus/streetcar/rail, and that's all I need it for. Plus gas prices reached a new record high of 1.50 Euros per liter here, so I avoid to use it whenever I can. I have no interest in driving fast either - at least not faster than I feel is safe for me under the present road conditions, and I couldn't care less about powerful cars or being passed by others. As I've told my brother a million times (because he's one of those reckless drivers): "I prefer to arrive 5 minutes later rather than 5 months later...or not at all!"
Oh, and I need reliability with my car, that's why I'd never consider buying an American car ever again. And for economic reasons (resell value), I'll stay away from Japanese cars too!

Peachy

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Drive your car at 100 miles an hour for a little while, or drive your car at a reasonable speed for a 100 thousand+ miles.

It's your choice fast and furrious, or slow and forever.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
I'll choose in the middle..........fast and reasonable. OH, and Picked up another SHO, a 91 + edition, fiberglass hood and body panels. Beat that ShortestBabyEver.

inquantum

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Peachy, is the resale value of Japanese cars in Germany that bad? If I lived there, I would choose to get a BMW M6 for sport driving, and a BMW 325i for everyday driving. And maybe a Skyline too if I felt Japanese for the day.

Just dreams, they are, but dreams they live to reach one day.

And if only my transmission would be able to take a hundred thousand miles... Things aren't built to last nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.