CaPs LoCk?

How often do you use [Caps Lock]?

• Never - it's annoying to read!

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Sometimes I let it slip :\

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Often - I've perfected typo's to an art!

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • ARE YOU KIDDING? IT'S MY DEFAULT TYPE!!

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • I don't know..?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
I personally never use them ^^; if I ever accidentally press CAPS, I have it removed before they affect my typing.

PupKommodore

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
Yeah, I said that I let it skip sometimes, just because there are cases when it can used right. BUT IF YOU TYPE ALL YOUR SENTENCES LIKE THIS, ITS REALLY ANNOYING.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
"Never - it's annoying to read!"

Well, neither of these, which I voted, because none of the other options really worked. I use it very seldom, but only when I know I'm going to be typing all caps and having numbers thrown in there. Typing out numbers and having to take off the shift key can be annoying.

It's on there for a reason!

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Sometimes but ONLY when a shout needs to be heard above the regular internet noise.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can't think of a time I've ever used my caps-lock key. The exception being to toggle walking/running in games.

As for writing in caps, it's something I almost never do. It just looks bad to me other than when it's absolutely needed to make a point. I prefer using italics to emphasize words or sentences instead. In my mind it makes me look like a smarty-pants intellectual or something.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I'm typing SQL queries, where typically the keywords are written in all caps.

e.g.:

SELECT * FROM FooTable;

Even then, I don't usually use it unless it's a particularly long query. I'm content to hold shift for a few words.

F

Falkio

I only use caps to begin new sentences and for acronyms. Good grammar is important to me! Block lettering just carries to much visual "noise" for my mind to handle.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I never use caps. I remember, years ago I used to have this keyboard that was really easy to accidentally hit CAPS, so I just removed the key and threw it in my desk drawer :D

If I'm typing out things like ADISC or EMPHASIZING a single word, I just hold down shift.

Role
  1. Private
First thing that popped to mind when I first say this thread was that one particular bash.org quote. :p

<Khassaki> HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!
<Judge-Mental> try pressing the the Caps Lock key
<Khassaki> O THANKS!!! ITS SO MUCH EASIER TO WRITE NOW!!!!!!!
<Judge-Mental> fuck me

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
The only time I use cPS lOCK IS WHEN i MISS THE 'a' KEY AND THINGS MESS UP LIKE THIS.

I don't understand why it's still on keyboards. Surely it could just be a key combo rather than a full key!

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]Caps lock: Never. Shift sometimes.

I actually find it irritating when I see people use caps lock for one or two capital letters.

One of my friends always leaves caps lock on in msn and he wonders why I never talk to him on msn[/font]

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I hate holding down shift, even if its for ONE word, I'll still use the caps key, opposed to shift.

I will use it a bit too... like 'ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!' And stuff.... But yeah,

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL....
...But you still have to know how to steer.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Even then, I don't usually use it unless it's a particularly long query. I'm content to hold shift for a few words.
I'm the same here.

I never use caps. I remember, years ago I used to have this keyboard that was really easy to accidentally hit CAPS, so I just removed the key and threw it in my desk drawer :D
Yep, That's what I have done and haven't looked back at needing to put it back on.

The only time I use cPS lOCK IS WHEN i MISS THE 'a' KEY AND THINGS MESS UP LIKE THIS.
I've also ripped the right windows key as a leant on that by accident too many times. Never really needed to use that key either.

I hate holding down shift, even if its for ONE word, I'll still use the caps key, opposed to shift.

You're funny :p Why would anyone do that. Maybe you've got the CAP-Fu within you.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Rarely, only for acronyms or for extreme emphasis.

kapi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use caps for some fun or rarely to emphasise something, but i never use Caps Lock. I definately should rebind that key to something useful, like ESC in vim.

Status
Not open for further replies.