• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Capcom sued over Resident Evil 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Capcom is the leader of the three great game producers.... If they get fucked, so do we.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I fail to see an issue with the trailer, or any dark undertones of AIDS or racism in a trailer.

EDIT: Yeah, and Capcom is in Japan, which virtually all the links you put out stated that they are based in Japan. Different culture, different perceptions of race.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
there's no chance these lawsuits will win. It's a videogame and its clearly not at all racist. The best chance of any claim over racism would be GTA vice city.

M

Mako

Super old, but from what I've been told by friends that play the series. The 5th one actually has a message about the horrible mistreatment of africa. The lawsuit is just al sharpton style bitching, people looking to complain about something.

Don't here people complaining about the awesome mexican zombie in Left 4 Dead.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Super old, but from what I've been told by friends that play the series. The 5th one actually has a message about the horrible mistreatment of africa. The lawsuit is just al sharpton style bitching, people looking to complain about something.

Don't here people complaining about the awesome mexican zombie in Left 4 Dead.
Which one is it?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I never seen mexican zombies in left for dead. All I see are zombies that lost all pigment or are at least all white people.

I suspected a few black zombies, since you know they do die first according to the movies and pop culture.

Role
Private
Why didn't these same issues occur over Far Cry 2? The majority of people you encounter and kill in that game are black. Just because they threw in a few more white people, it dramatically changes the fact that a white character is still killing black people?

It's about as stupid as me going to Africa and going, "Holy shit! There's a lot of black people here!" - Well, no shit! Obviously if a game is set in Africa it's going to feature black people.

Honestly, this is just Wowsers being Wowsers. Nothing special nor noteworthy.

M

Mako

Which one is it?
Theres a zombie that screams "buenos noches" while rushing you. I tend to hear it more on expert campaigns then anything else. But it's not a donald duck syndrom thing. Clear as day the zombie screams buenos noches. It's friggen hilarious.

M

Mako

Oh no no, what I'm talking about is in Left 4 Dead. I got to go look how to record things from my xbox to my computer to show people what I mean.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Theres a zombie that screams "buenos noches" while rushing you. I tend to hear it more on expert campaigns then anything else. But it's not a donald duck syndrom thing. Clear as day the zombie screams buenos noches. It's friggen hilarious.
I never heard that on left 4 dead, ever. All I hear are the generic screams/moans of them.

PrinceMatthew

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I tried to rent that game today, but they didn't have any in stock.
I wonder if it will be better than L4D. I loved the mechanics of Resident evil 4 on the gamecube.

Oh and I don't think this whole sueing thing is important.

Last edited:
Role
Diaper Lover
There are not only black enemies on the game, there are also white ones mixed between the crowd.

Icey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little, Carer
I am just sad about the fact the Capcom has abandoned what made Resident Evil famous & beloved by millions of people...zombies!! RE4 didn't have a zombie in it, nor does 5!! They are something else & are not caused by the T-Virus, or in the case of RE2 the G-Virus!! I would rather play a true RE game, like Outbreak, than games claiming to be a RE game like 4 & 5 do!! Please Capcom, make Resident Evil, Resident Evil again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.