Cancer treatment

Chucky129

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
I was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. Since then we have been doing lots of reading. Came across some articles claiming breast milk can help and some claim it as a cure. Has anyone here done this or would you consider doing it?

StrangelyShapedTree

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well that would be very convenient if that was true. I don't know though. Don't go all Steve Jobs on it, that's all I can say.

Tasteless jokes aside I'm sorry you got this news. I hope you find your way around it.

DanielW

Est. Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, Other, Private
I really wouldn't count on breast milk being a cure-all. It may have an affect on hormone levels which can in turn slow or speed up cancer cell growth, but its not going to cure anything. Usually those types of cure-alls are aimed at people who are scared and looking for reassurance.

I'm not saying "don't try it", just be aware that people will prey on fear to get your money.

DanielW

Est. Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, Other, Private
I'd advise you to listen to you doctor before doing anything else...seriously. Been there done that, got the t-shirt.

Makubird

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
You could try CBD oil just as a suggestion. But you have to ingest it and in large doses.
No don’t. Don’t mess about with a serious illness like cancer.
Talk to your oncologist. He/she can also discuss alternative treatments with you.

but I would NOT try chemo.
And ignore this advice.

Last edited:

PapaBear001

Come say hello to Papa Bear!
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
No don’t. Don’t mess about with a serious illness like cancer.
Talk to your oncologist. He/she can also discuss alternative treatments with you.

And ignore this advice.
Yes. Your doctors should have the answers for you. CBD and THC are not a cure or treatment for cancer. Although it can reduce the effects of nausia, loss of apetite, and anxiety caused by treatment. Still topics for your doctor. Good luck.

Happilyretired

Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. Since then we have been doing lots of reading. Came across some articles claiming breast milk can help and some claim it as a cure. Has anyone here done this or would you consider doing it?
I suggest that you find a good Urologist. Prostrate cancer is nothing to to try to treat with alternative medicine. If you want a website to consult I suggest www.cancerforums.net Scroll down to the Prostrate Cancer portion. While you are considering your options, check out how well Steve Jobs alternative treatments worked for him.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
I suggest that you find a good Urologist. Prostrate cancer is nothing to to try to treat with alternative medicine. If you want a website to consult I suggest www.cancerforums.net Scroll down to the Prostrate Cancer portion. While you are considering your options, check out how well Steve Jobs alternative treatments worked for him.
And how do you know this?

YbboB

My mommy loves me
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
Hi.

As many now know, MommyScarlet has been given a devastating diagnosis of double lung cancer and multiple cancers on her liver. These along with other very serious issues make this an extremely difficult issue to overcome and have a positive outcome. We just don't know enough about it! We go to Hershey Medical Center this Monday to find out about a possible life saving transplant, but there are SO many problems that it might just plain not be possible to do!! Any diagnosis of cancer anywhere is terribly frightening! We are SO very fortunate to have so many friends, family, brothers and sisters along with caregivers, other Mommies and Daddies all, giving us SO much love and care and sending positive energy, wishes and thoughts!! All of this collectively is an extremely powerful force and we can feel the physical strength of all of that love!! It gives us the needed willpower to go on when we sometimes feel like just sitting down and giving up!! You amazing, loving people won't let us give up!!

We thank all of you dear, sweet people with all of our hearts.

We love all of you so very much!!

ybboB💕🍼👶 -n- MommyScarlet💃

PCPilot

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
And how do you know this?
Jobs' story is well-known. He had one of the few (relatively) easily treatable forms of pancreatic cancer and wasted almost a year trying to treat it with diet alone.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm sorry about the prognosis but I'll continue to pray for you. There are some people who make great recoveries. Nothing is done until the fat lady sings and she's still silent.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Jobs' story is well-known. He had one of the few (relatively) easily treatable forms of pancreatic cancer and wasted almost a year trying to treat it with diet alone.
They're not sure what actually killed him, he also had liver problems and believe had a transplant. Pancreatic cancer might had nothing to do with his actual death, there's no proof for this. And you do know you can get an alt doctor who also has the same degrees as the mainstream doctors? You don't have to see a quack alt doctor with no degree. And yes I do agree he shouldn't take alt treatments upon himself and still get doctors advice. I'm just pointing out their are licensed alt doctors that are not quacks and our qualified to give him advice or treatment. You should NOT demonize all alt doctors!

Wetbabygirl314

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Incontinent
I was diagnosed about a year ago. My PSA was just over 5, not especially high but my GP referrednme to a urologist who gave me the finger test,-fun. During the test he found a lump so I had a needle biopsy done-more fun. The biopsy checked 12 sites. Cancer cells were found in 9 of them. Due to the number of sites the radioactive seeds were not recommended. Of the options a robotic assisted radical prostatectomy seemed the best choice. The surgery was done in August and was remarkably free of issues. I suspect that the breast milk might be a fun diversion but you don't want to risk your life on it. Since my surgery my PSAs are below the minimum the test can measure. I would be happy to share more details if would be helpful. Let me know.

Wetbabygirl314

Est. Contributor
Role
Hi.

As many now know, MommyScarlet has been given a devastating diagnosis of double lung cancer and multiple cancers on her liver. These along with other very serious issues make this an extremely difficult issue to overcome and have a positive outcome. We just don't know enough about it! We go to Hershey Medical Center this Monday to find out about a possible life saving transplant, but there are SO many problems that it might just plain not be possible to do!! Any diagnosis of cancer anywhere is terribly frightening! We are SO very fortunate to have so many friends, family, brothers and sisters along with caregivers, other Mommies and Daddies all, giving us SO much love and care and sending positive energy, wishes and thoughts!! All of this collectively is an extremely powerful force and we can feel the physical strength of all of that love!! It gives us the needed willpower to go on when we sometimes feel like just sitting down and giving up!! You amazing, loving people won't let us give up!!

We thank all of you dear, sweet people with all of our hearts.

We love all of you so very much!!

ybboB💕🍼👶 -n- MommyScarlet💃
Please don't give up! Major illnesses like the diagnosis you are dealing with are very stressful. Often caregivers face daunting challenges as they handle the day-to-day trials of life while trying to be positive and care for the sick one. It is important to take care of yourself too and not get worn down and sick yourself. The medical center should help with resources. I went through cancer last year. I don't know if it is appropriate but if I can help in any way-researching things, whatever please let me know. Meanwhile I am praying for you and Mommyscarlet. Is there somewhere I can read about here here?

binkyb

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
please be careful, whilst their are alternative medicines that work usually they take longer and depending on the stage you are at may not be a cure all. sometimes a combo may be beneficial but talk to your doc hopefully he is open to both as it seems to be coming a little more mainstream than pharma is the only way. Do lots of research but don't rely on either to be the only solution, prayers sent

Wetbabygirl314

Est. Contributor
Role
My surgery required no chemotherapy because the cancer had not metasticized. I will continue to have PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) tests regularly to certify that the cancer was contained. If the PSA begins to spike I will need and will undergo chemotherapy breast milk and YouTube videos not-withstanding. The problem is that YouTube videos are anecdotal and prove nothing. My surgery was done by the Global Robotics Institute (GRI) after a 3-Tesla MRI, a nuclear full body bone scan, an EKG and sign off for surgery by a cardiologist and a dozen blood tests. The GRI used a daVinci machine which inserted six probes into me which performed the minimally invasive laproscopic surgery to remove my prostate and reconnect my bladder. The GRI monitors more than 10,000 post surgical patients, including me, as part of their research. What study and monitoring takes place in the Youtube videos.

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I've got to way I'm kind of glad I had my prostrate removed for other reasons. At least now II'll never have to worry about prostrate cancer.