Can you modify the NUK Medic Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayxm

Contributor
I recently bought the NUK Medic Pro (L) but i don't really like the shield. Is there a way to remove the nipple? I know that I could technically just buy the teat without the shield on etsy but its so much more expensive and i don't wanna spend that extra money (if possible).

Reactions: KrankyPants
Yes it can be removed however it is very easy to damage the shield in the process. So far I've only managed to dismantle one out of three Nuks without damaging the puller and shield.

Coincidentally, I did not like the feel of my Nuk 5 when I got it, it didn't press against the sides of my lips the way I like, so I placed it in boiling water to soften the shield and bent it to a smaller radius while holding it under cold running water. That did the trick. Still, I prefer Mam shields.

Reactions: sdweasel
jayxm said:
I recently bought the NUK Medic Pro (L) but i don't really like the shield. Is there a way to remove the nipple? I know that I could technically just buy the teat without the shield on etsy but its so much more expensive and i don't wanna spend that extra money (if possible).
Not easily, do you prefer the size 5 over other nipples? Our new pacifier store has a wide selection of nipples - PacifierAddict.com

Reactions: sdweasel and KrankyPants
Actually, it is not that hard to dismantle a NUK Medic S or L pacifier. Put it in boiling water for a few minutes and pull on the ring while holding the guard. Be careful to get rid of the hot water inside the nipple first! It needs a bit of practice, but you will figure it out. You might bend the ring a bit as it is the weakest part, though. Nipple, guard and the little piece holding it all together should be fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back