Can you enlighten me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistah

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Hi!
I've joined the forum out of interest in diapers and I'm not all that familiar with the furrie fandom thing. It seems kinda cute. Can someone tell me what it's all about? I'm curious.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
It's simple. Check all that apply:

[ ] I wish I were/would like to be/think I am a(n) {animal}.
[ ] I am a loyal American truck driver, Gas Pump operator, Steam Engine Fixer, Sailboat Captain or Other
[ ] I wish Oprah was spelled Opera so I could make jokes at her expense dealing with the ending of operas

If you checked #1 you may be a furry! Check with your local google.com or helpful friendly ADISC person who knows what they're talking about to see if you qualify! :cool:

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
In the end, it's whatever you want it to be. I RP'd as a furry once, and it was a lot of fun, but I would never call myself a furry. I just think it's cute and most of their drawings are really good.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
I saw pennywise in concert. They dedicated one of their songs to the mosh pit, and the sprung up everywhere. I got stuck in a mosh pit with 6 BIG guys, and i'm pritty skinny. I was thrown around there like a rag doll. It was so worth it.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I got stuck in a mosh pit with 6 BIG guys, and i'm pritty skinny. I was thrown around there like a rag doll.
You couldn't achieve escape velocity? :biggrin:

Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur,
The furry fandom is a collection of people interested in anthropomorphic animals. Picture a cheetah, tiger, wolf, or any other animal. It has human qualities, such as it is bi-pedal and can talk. There are mixes of anthropomorphic animals, ranging from almost completely feral to human with animal ears and tail.

Furries, members of this fandom, draw pictures, write stories, and roleplay as their favorite fantasy creature. http://www.furaffinity.net/ that Mitsu linked to is a general furry art archive where people upload their anthropomorphic or animal artwork.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
...if I see one more person say they're a furry because they think it's "cute"....I will b forced to tear off my plushies head. I hate people who ruin the fandom with the kind of thing. Do us ALL a favor and research it before you EVER call yourself a furry.

P.S. I don't mean to be a dick, but some things are rather personal...would you tell people you're gay because you thought that one dude was cute?

Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur,
...if I see one more person say they're a furry because they think it's "cute"....I will b forced to tear off my plushies head. I hate people who ruin the fandom with the kind of thing. Do us ALL a favor and research it before you EVER call yourself a furry.

P.S. I don't mean to be a dick, but some things are rather personal...would you tell people you're gay because you thought that one dude was cute?
Honestly, no one can "ruin" the furry fandom! There are so many differences between every member. The only thing we have in common at the bare minimum is an affinity for anthropomorphic animals. People get into the interest by seeing artwork they think is visually appealing, and cute is appealing. Maybe it starts with Disney characters or Neopets.

"Furry" is not a lifestyle, it is nothing compared to an alternative lifestyle. It is a hobby. No matter how strongly someone is into the furry fandom, or their fursona, or fursuiting, or yiffing, or roleplay, it is not a lifestyle. Most of us feel this way, anyway. The furries you see who "come out" to their family for liking human animals take it way too seriously. If you ask a random person on the street what they think of furries, they won't know what you are talking about.

I've been a part of the furry fandom, and many of the sub-aspects of it for over 5 years. As you spend time and see all the different types of people who call themselves furry, you realize that two furries might have only one thing in common, the very root and definition of what the furry fandom means. It doesn't matter how they became interested or who showed them or what parts of the fandom they like most, anyone with an interest in anthropomorphic animals can be considered a furry.

The average furry does not have a fursuit, has never been to a con, and might not have artwork of their fursona. There are a lot of younger, teenage furries. They tend to think you have to wear a collar to be a furry, and that there is a checklist you must complete. They are the ones who take the fandom much too seriously.

It is akin to liking Batman comics. If your whole life revolves around Batman, I still could not consider that a lifestyle, only a hobby. Just remember that furries are a fantasy, have fun with it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.