Can incontinence be avoided??

Girlyassboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Hey guys so about 6 months ago after wetting for a long period of time i started noticing i needed to pee more and more instanstly, (i do this for fun) and i started reading up about you you can make yourself be incontinent (in a nut shell) i understand its nothing to play with and i could make my life a lot harder by playing with diapers and stuff, my question is now that im back to peeing at normal intervals again and not in such a rush could i wear diapers still but just fill it with water as i love the feel part of the reason i do it for the feel. I understand how selfish this sounds but if you think it would still do harm in the long run can you express that, Tia.

A wet diaper can be a trigger for you to pee as your body (Subconscious) will remember the feeling and equate it to its ok to pee since you are now protected again.

I am incontinent and have no choice but to wear but I have noticed I pee more often when my diaper is already wet then when I am in a dry diaper even though my diaper never really stays dry long in most days.

Reactions: freedom69
If you don't mind wearing diapers it's all right just keep in mind if this is something that you want you're dedicated as I am I started wearing diapers cuz have urge incontinence and over the years wearing diapers I have noticed I've become lazy well I don't even notice when I wet but now I'm starting to notice the I messed myself

My continence nurse wanted me to stay away from nappies a slong a spossible as she said what remaining control you have will soon be lost if you wear pads and slips a the time. She was right of course.

ST50 said:
My continence nurse wanted me to stay away from nappies a slong a spossible as she said what remaining control you have will soon be lost if you wear pads and slips a the time. She was right of course.

I don't know how that would have any impact other than just going when you need to go. It's impossible to lose control other than psychosomatic training.

It is possible to loose control over time as your sphincter muscles weaken due to being relaxed all the time as you use your diaper more and more ST50 is correct in saying urologists and continence nurses shy away from recommending diapers as a treatment option due to the risk of loss of remaining control. People suffering incontinence issues can and do see an increase in accidents and a decrease in their ability to retain.

With any bladder issues its always best to see your urologist to get checked out so you can decide on the best course of action to manage your bladder issue.

Rob110 said:
It is possible to loose control over time as your sphincter muscles weaken due to being relaxed all the time as you use your diaper more and more ST50 is correct in saying urologists and continence nurses shy away from recommending diapers as a treatment option due to the risk of loss of remaining control. People suffering incontinence issues can and do see an increase in accidents and a decrease in their ability to retain.

With any bladder issues its always best to see your urologist to get checked out so you can decide on the best course of action to manage your bladder issue.

The only way the sphincter muscle loses tone weakens is if there is a neurological or medical problem. If that is the case you need to see a doctor right away.

I have been wearing diapers 24/7 for about a year now. I have to pee frequently, about every 20 minutes. I tried to wear bladder protection underwear since Sunday, I wanted to wear a special dress to church and a diaper would not work well with it. During the service I had to pee twice, and the underwear was able to hold it, but not for long. I made it home and the underwear was at its capacity. I wanted to see how long I could wear the underwear without leaking. I had to change them at least 4 times during the day and it did leak. Whether they were wet or dry the pee still remained at the frequency as before. The underwear experiment was not a total failure, but I cannot wear them for more than a few hours before they leak. I am back in diapers, and accept that I need them but can wear the underwear on special occasions

Reactions: ChocChip
I think only way to make yourself IC is if you already have bladder problems to begin with. Not everyone with bladder issues wears diapers but if you are a DL and want to wear them, this is something you have to be cautious about. What happens IMO is your body gets lazy and doesn't use as much effort so you end up IC.

I notice those who have managed to lose bladder control were the ones that said they had IC issues or always had bladder issues.

I have been wearing 24/7 for over a year & half now. And I still have full control over my bladder. But I can't deny that my bladder capacity has decreased significantly. Therefore, I need to pee more frequently than before.

I don't think it's that easy to become incontinent. What happens is that your body learns to go whenever and wherever & it becomes easier to wet.

Yes, you can make yourself incontinent. But that would take years of 24/7 wearing and training. Like If you always pee as soon as you get the slightest urge, and pee a little bit every few minutes for a very long time,then it will surely harm you. Your bladder will start losing the ability to hold urine till it cannot hold at all. Still you would need a lot of time to actually become incontinent. So, you don't have to be worried.

What I would suggest is to make a routine. Wear and wet according to it. Make some rules for yourself.Take breaks. Even if you do wear 24/7 don't use the diaper for wetting all the time. If you feel content with filling your diaper with water & enjoying then go for it! But I personally think it's a waste of a good diaper.

I’m with Calicio. How ever - fact is, that if you try to wet when ever you can and do this over a really long time your bladder will shrink. This brings a lot of problems - you will not lose your control but just have to visit the toilets much more often. No fun at all - because that what most wish - to wet uncontrollably will not happen. You still have the controll - but not the capacity anymore...

Reactions: mayhem
I have dealt with OAB for years, eventually turning into urge incontinence, started with pads and pull ups, later I graduated to tape diapers. Now I’m in diapers 24/7, and yes I have become lazy. I don’t try anymore to hold back when an urge strikes. Which have resulted in my bladder control has long gone.

mickdl said:
I’m with Calicio. How ever - fact is, that if you try to wet when ever you can and do this over a really long time your bladder will shrink. This brings a lot of problems - you will not lose your control but just have to visit the toilets much more often. No fun at all - because that what most wish - to wet uncontrollably will not happen. You still have the controll - but not the capacity anymore...
If you don't have the capacity, though, you will surely have accidents if you don't go to the toilet frequently?

Some would enjoy the fact that they have to go more often and can choose to wear nappies to cope with it.

Reactions: alwayz
ChocChip said:
If you don't have the capacity, though, you will surely have accidents if you don't go to the toilet frequently?

Some would enjoy the fact that they have to go more often and can choose to wear nappies to cope with it.

Not nessesarily... in a worse case you can't void anymore and endup in the hospital with acute urin retention. But anyway - if someone really enjoy to run every 30 minute to the toilet it's up to him - why not. I can tell you only, that I'm still frustrated becaues I can make it only for one and a half hour without visiting a toilet (sometimes even less). I lose control when I wait to long, but this is due to a defect of my bladder wall and have nothing to do with the general capacity of the bladder...

Reactions: mayhem
I've been wearing 24/7 for almost a year now, and it has increased my urgency somewhat. I can still hold it as long as I used to, but I'm noticing now that my bladder is telling me I have to go with less in it than it used to, like it's become more sensitive to the presence of even small amounts of urine. It also feels like I have to go worse than I actually do. It took a while to get this far though.

I've noticed a decline in my continence level from binge wearing for months and months over the years.

Wearing diapers daily now for over a year, I'm tired of needing to change my diaper, I wait till it is ready to leak, then grab a clean diaper and change it. Last week, I wanted to see if I could go back to regular underwear. I am home now and am not working I made it for about a half a day of going to the bathroom too many times. I couldn't wait to put on a diaper again. I failed at trying to go without a diaper, and as I write this, my diaper is damp, I've been out shopping, and did housework I'm still trying to decide how I feel, secure, and able to go about my day without frequent trips to the bathroom or depressed that I couldn't break the need for them.

Girlyassboy said:
Hey guys so about 6 months ago after wetting for a long period of time i started noticing i needed to pee more and more instanstly, (i do this for fun) and i started reading up about you you can make yourself be incontinent (in a nut shell) i understand its nothing to play with and i could make my life a lot harder by playing with diapers and stuff, my question is now that im back to peeing at normal intervals again and not in such a rush could i wear diapers still but just fill it with water as i love the feel part of the reason i do it for the feel. I understand how selfish this sounds but if you think it would still do harm in the long run can you express that, Tia.
I’m pretty sure it’s mostly genetic. But I’m sure there is other medical reasons for it to occur.

alwayz said:
Wearing diapers daily now for over a year, I'm tired of needing to change my diaper, I wait till it is ready to leak, then grab a clean diaper and change it. Last week, I wanted to see if I could go back to regular underwear. I am home now and am not working I made it for about a half a day of going to the bathroom too many times. I couldn't wait to put on a diaper again. I failed at trying to go without a diaper, and as I write this, my diaper is damp, I've been out shopping, and did housework I'm still trying to decide how I feel, secure, and able to go about my day without frequent trips to the bathroom or depressed that I couldn't break the need for them.
I think I'm in the same situation as you

I am getting so frosted at work when I can't. Changed diaper at lunch because I worry I am going get infection. But I have got a diaper rash from a wet diaper and moving alot. I do pee in diaper first sign and I know I can't hold for more then 20 mins. I go alot. Do i have a problem of infection of being in wet diaper like 8 hours and am I leading towards incontinence?

Back