Can diapers give you a UTI?

PaigeCherubiel

Chat Room Drag Queen
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
Can diapers give you a UTI? I've had one for about 3 weeks now and been prescribed two different antibiotics. I did a second UA last Monday, and am still waiting for results. I wear adult pull-ups 24/7 and don't pee in them but do dribble.

Well, I imagine it's possible, but much more plausible if you have a vagina rather than a penis. I've heard of diapers causing UTIs but typically in infants or bedridden patients who aren't being changed enough and are sitting in a mess. Unless that's your situation, the UTI probably isn't caused by diapers. (im not a medical professional and this is not medical advice)

Last edited:
Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
Perhaps not the diaper in itself, but when you dribble or have small leaks often enough to not have a real pee
to flush out and completely empty your bladder, bacteria inside your urethra or bladder can (will) start to grow
and cause UTI's. That's what my urologist told me. (Been there.)
Often we are afraid of diaper leaks and try to cut off the stream or do other things to not overflow the diaper.
Remember to flush and empty as often as you can during the day.

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
For sure. Been in diapers for a long time and have had 2. Usually when I am both wet and messy diapers for too long is my guess as I often wear super thick diapers and don't change until they are leaky usually.

Yes. Yes, they can. 😩 I got one from it a few years ago. Thankfully, it hasn't happened since. 🥹

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita and Hemix
It is possible, but unlikely unless you are in a poopy diaper. Just be sure to keep yourself clean.

I don’t know I got my UTI before I wore diapers, I think it was from being hospitalized.

I got one a few weeks ago. I do mess my diapers too. Not sure what caused it but yeah, 2 days of bloody urine and then a few more days of discomfort.

• Sad
Reactions: richieboy
Omg301 said:
I got one a few weeks ago. I do mess my diapers too. Not sure what caused it but yeah, 2 days of bloody urine and then a few more days of discomfort.
I got bloody urine from an enlarged prostate.

I could imagine it might have something to do with the bladder rather than the diaper itself. Though I've never heard of diapers causing UTIs for most people.

UTIs are caused typically by gram neg bacteria, which is in poopy. Biological Females are typically more susceptible which is why they say to wipe front to back. Biological Males can be sucesptable as well especially if their "peter" is pointed down and and the urethra is touching the poopy. So frequent changes are the key to avoiding a UTI. But they are a risk we have to watch out for if messing.

Also, If you are using a catheter to simulate how a baby has no control of urinating, you are almost gurenteed a UTI. So just be careful out there everyone. They will continue to get worse if you keep treating them due to anti biotic resistance.

I work in the medical field so I am very aware of UTIs.

Last edited:
Omg301 said:
Bloody urine can also be caused by kidney stones which can cause the same exact symptoms. I have had a few of those.

germanium21 said:
Bloody urine can also be caused by kidney stones which can cause the same exact symptoms. I have had a few of those.
Yeah they tested for that and it was negative although it may have been a tiny one because there was some trace guck I peed out but the test was negative for stones. And everything else indicated high likelihood of UTI although my stupid doctor never followed up about it when I had it.

Omg301 said:
Yeah they tested for that and it was negative although it may have been a tiny one because there was some trace guck I peed out but the test was negative for stones. And everything else indicated high likelihood of UTI although my stupid doctor never followed up about it when I had it.
A test for kidney stones after it has escaped will be negative unless there are more in waiting. It is often the escape that does the damage as they can have extremely sharp protrusions which slice the urethra on the way out. Did Dr. give you any antibiotics?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mess and that mess gets on the front of your privates then it can go in and cause a bacterial build up.

So if you notice it coming too far to the front change and clean thoroughly.

Other than that it’s literally impossible so as long as you avoid that you’ll be absolutely fine.

OH YES it can !! Has happen to this girl more then few times :cry: !!!

Reactions: ShyGirl91 and PaigeCherubiel
Back