Can being an ABDL (NSFW or SFW) ruin my career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimeBloodedNoir

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
:pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

I dont want to say this. But. I am a content creator.
I am scared that this might ruin my chance as an artist.

If some other content creator such as Pewdiepie or Phillip-D-franko or Matpat (Game theory) turned out to be an abdl, people, and even news sites would jump on them and call them pedos.
There youtube fanbase would go to shit.

I am afraid that, the small following I have, might find out that im one.
SFW or NSFW, its all the same in the eyes of the uneducated.

Just a note here. I am a sfw abdl.

Any thoughts???​

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Just don't show your face and you will be fine. Don't use your real name either.

ESPF

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
It depends on he indispensable you are to the company. I've seen this in the trans-community for many years.
If a trans-person wants surgery that MUST come out to their family, friends, coworkers, and your boss... But then there boss he's every right to let them go.
I'll take a stab at this and say... 70-80% of the trans-people I've known over the last 23 years (Including myself) have lost a job over there transition.
The trans-people I've known to keep there jobs were all either self employed, held jods that "catered" to the trans-community or indispensable to there employer.
A cop who turned out to be the only person the city could find with the needed skill set AND severity clearance.
A doctor who performs SRS
Owens her own drycleaning survive...
Sooo... Make yourself indispensable to your boss.

LimeBloodedNoir

Est. Contributor
Role
It depends on he indispensable you are to the company. I've seen this in the trans-community for many years.
If a trans-person wants surgery that MUST come out to their family, friends, coworkers, and your boss... But then there boss he's every right to let them go.
I'll take a stab at this and say... 70-80% of the trans-people I've known over the last 23 years (Including myself) have lost a job over there transition.
The trans-people I've known to keep there jobs were all either self employed, held jods that "catered" to the trans-community or indispensable to there employer.
A cop who turned out to be the only person the city could find with the needed skill set AND severity clearance.
A doctor who performs SRS
Owens her own drycleaning survive...
Sooo... Make yourself indispensable to your boss.
Oh oof
What do you mean?
Sorry I am a bit confused about the trans part and the boss part.

CuddleWoozle

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Incontinent
Oh oof
What do you mean?
Sorry I am a bit confused about the trans part and the boss part.
ESPF is using the trans communities issues as a mirror to the ABDL communities issues. They're much more visible than we are and have to deal with all sorts of crap.

I think they missed the 'content creator' bit though, because you don't have a boss, but you have a bunch of fans you have to please. I've given thought to doing something like that but being honest about being ABDL and seeing how it went. But then I think about how I just don't want to deal with stupid and I don't do it. LOL

That being said, I've been working on and off on Minecraft textures and things and literally no one has ever brought it up. I use the same name everywhere. :p I don't bring it up, they don't bring it up. I'm judged only on my art skills and not my choice of underpants. :3

N

NeverKnow

Sure, if your career depends on a generic crowd of people liking you and wanting to keep updated with your content, then you could send them flying by revealing that you are ABDL. It's not inevitable and it depends on what your fanbase is like, but I think most people would regard it as a weird detail that they don't need or want to know about.

I don't of anyone who is publicly out as an ABDL but was well-known for something else first.

quietcutie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
:pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

I dont want to say this. But. I am a content creator.
I am scared that this might ruin my chance as an artist.

If some other content creator such as Pewdiepie or Phillip-D-franko or Matpat (Game theory) turned out to be an abdl, people, and even news sites would jump on them and call them pedos.
There youtube fanbase would go to shit.

I am afraid that, the small following I have, might find out that im one.
SFW or NSFW, its all the same in the eyes of the uneducated.

Just a note here. I am a sfw abdl.

Any thoughts???​
there is something alot of people miss when outed, own it. If you are famous and you own your short comings people will fuck off. Humans are pack animals and will form a mob mentality real quick against something, if you show you dont budge and or give rats ass they wont keep biting because you are not a easy target.

RubberJin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I subscribe to the "keep the two totally separate" model unless you're planning to go through life being 100% out & open with it all the time - even if people shouldn't care, even if employers by law shouldn't discriminate, people are people and there are enough who don't understand that sort of thing who may consciously or subconsciously cause problems for you.

Or to look at it another way - you can't put the genie back in the bottle, and although you're a self-employed content creator NOW, you might not always be, and a future employer / partner googling you might very easily decide it's not worth the "risk" of hiring someone with any sort of "background" - the same is true for people with criminal records etc. even if for something minor / stupid, given the choice between someone with a record and someone without, guess who employers will usually choose?

As an example, you might one day apply for a job that requires security/background checks, at best it makes for an awkward conversation.

Also, creating content / being online means you're only ever one badly-worded post or tweet away from attracting the ire of the internet mob who will dig up every crumb of dirt they can find and use it to destroy you and your life.

LimeBloodedNoir

Est. Contributor
Role
I subscribe to the "keep the two totally separate" model unless you're planning to go through life being 100% out & open with it all the time - even if people shouldn't care, even if employers by law shouldn't discriminate, people are people and there are enough who don't understand that sort of thing who may consciously or subconsciously cause problems for you.

Or to look at it another way - you can't put the genie back in the bottle, and although you're a self-employed content creator NOW, you might not always be, and a future employer / partner googling you might very easily decide it's not worth the "risk" of hiring someone with any sort of "background" - the same is true for people with criminal records etc. even if for something minor / stupid, given the choice between someone with a record and someone without, guess who employers will usually choose?

As an example, you might one day apply for a job that requires security/background checks, at best it makes for an awkward conversation.

Also, creating content / being online means you're only ever one badly-worded post or tweet away from attracting the ire of the internet mob who will dig up every crumb of dirt they can find and use it to destroy you and your life.

That last part is what im afraid of most. I was horrible. Just horrible as a child on the internet. The worst part is, I dont remember all what I did.
(ALSO EYYY An invader zim fan! :D)

CuddleWoozle

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Incontinent
That last part is what im afraid of most. I was horrible. Just horrible as a child on the internet. The worst part is, I dont remember all what I did.
(ALSO EYYY An invader zim fan! :D)
That's basically when if someone brings up something stupid you did as a kid, you say "Dang, man, I was like...eight when I posted that! You ever do something stupid as a kid?" (Because if they say no they're lying turds. ;P )

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
This is one of those things where 2 separate things should have no correlation; and yet sadly it is very possible to lose a job due to being ABDL .

That's why you keep personal interests and work separate, so there is no risk (even if you work for a company)

RubberJin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
For me it's as much about an easy life - your co-workers / bosses / clients etc. treating you no differently, not talking about you behind your back (any more than they would anyway), no-one asking odd questions or hassling you etc. etc.

It's also ammunition for that one arsehole who takes a dislike to you - perhaps because of some silly workplace problem or disagreement, being promoted ahead of them or whatever...

Jonnythepony

Padded Pony
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Keep it separate if you can, make another separate account with an alternate email and such for the special content and be kind to keep any haters at bay, if you have the reputation of being awesome, good and professional then no one will get bent at you and have any reason to go digging up anything to hate on you about.
(And I wanna assume by content creator you create art?)

I have a cropped bust pic from a very specific piece of art as my profile pic for Xbox, and only one person knew what the rest of the cropped pic was cause they're so deep in the pony fandom and the pic was by a pretty popular padded pony artist, they were cool about it, not AB/DL but still curious about me and asked a few questions was all. A few others though have just assumed seeing the pic with a paci in it(since in my pic my pony has a pacifier) that I might be AB/DL and have sometimes just asked me "Are you AB/DL?", kinda cool finding others out in the internet wild who are AB/DL themselves or aware >u<
So far only a few people know or have figured it out, but then again I'm not super popular, have no career on xbox and don't have a following like you've stated you have :p

If its for a high end, high priority, high security job they'd probably search your background to make sure maybe(Like a job in animation or something like that they might check you aren't deep into lewd stuff). But you're your own boss at the moment, as long as you keep your accounts and portfolios separate and take precautions you should be alright.

It is your call though, do or don't, what makes you happy or what works for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.