Can being a little be like the books?

Baymaxlvr

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I got kindle unlimited over a year and a half ago, and started reading all types of books. Some of the ones that drew me in where the adbl. I wished I had someone to take care of me, and give me time to escape being an adult. I realized I had some tendencies of a little, my stuffy collection is massive and I love sleeping with one. As I read more books, I wonder if it's possible to have some semblance of the book world in real life. What's your personal experience or input?

Well, I've written four AB fiction books, all published by the folks down under at AB Discovery. I've also written two how-to books on finding an AB babysitter.

To a certain extent, all four novels are based on things I've experienced in real life. The principal characters are disguised, obviously, but most of the incidents actually happened as I recount them.

The how-to books are heavily illustrated with experiences that arose with 20 different babysitters over nearly 40 years.

I cannot speak for other authors. Personally, I don't find AB fiction enjoyable purely because the author is making up things as the story progresses. I honestly prefer to read accounts that are based on true stories.

That's not to say that writers like me don't add to or embellish story elements; we do. But for the most part, all four of my books have described real-life incidents. From my perspective, anyway, I think it's possible to have some semblance of the real world embodied in any book I write.

• Sad
Reactions: MiddleJacob, lilbabyjooce, ItsTimmyTime and 1 other person
sbmccue said:
Well, I've written four AB fiction books, all published by the folks down under at AB Discovery. I've also written two how-to books on finding an AB babysitter.

To a certain extent, all four novels are based on things I've experienced in real life. The principal characters are disguised, obviously, but most of the incidents actually happened as I recount them.

The how-to books are heavily illustrated with experiences that arose with 20 different babysitters over nearly 40 years.

I cannot speak for other authors. Personally, I don't find AB fiction enjoyable purely because the author is making up things as the story progresses. I honestly prefer to read accounts that are based on true stories.

That's not to say that writers like me don't add to or embellish story elements; we do. But for the most part, all four of my books have described real-life incidents. From my perspective, anyway, I think it's possible to have some semblance of the real world embodied in any book I write.
I just read Tender Loving Fun after being made aware of it by @littlemoosey. I enjoyed it very much and although my wife has covered many of the tips and ideas mentioned in your book on her own merits, I still think I'll pass it on for her to read if she would like to. Things haven't always been plain sailing in our journey so far, even though she's has a natural maternal instinct. There's some great material in your book for sure and I think she could still benefit from reading it.

Reactions: sbmccue and Baymaxlvr
Back