Camping/hiking while incontinent

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm coming this late summer for camping. It will be near Lake Huron, upper east Michigan in Negwegon State Park.
Limited camp sites but have 4000+ acres for hiking. We only have 7 sites on the beach camp sites but right on Lake Huron (one of the bigger Lake Greats (the 3rd size).
We can hike-in or paddle-in (with my kayak). No bathrooms or outhouse but some cool rustic camping. It's a designated dark sky preserve so no light pollution anywhere around. I'm bringing my girlfriend (the first time) so being incontinent makes it difficult. Usually I clean and re-diaper in my own bedroom when she's here. I suppose I can clean up in the woods so she doesn't have to watch me. With Lake Huron and the beach for camping, I figure I can take a bath in the lake (fresh water in the 70's degrees (at least every other day?). It's only a few miles from the dumpster areas to empty my dirty diapers. We do have bears and critters so we hang the foods up 8 or 10 feet (with my gun and bear spray). Has anyone who likes to camping? And hiking? We have miles of hiking trails. Still, being hiking or rustic camping with diapers, it can be a pain. But I don't need to carry a heavy pack with dirty diapers (leave nothing for garbage). The dumpsters are semi- close.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jonnythepony
I've been in Colorado in the mountains for camping. The sky in evenings are beautiful. A billion stars (which I don't see in my town). As for wearing
a diaper, during the day can be a challenging. Especially when you're caring a heavy pack (and tent). I've never been able to hike more than 5 days because you can't leave messy (and wet) diapers. How many days (and how heavy your gear [ including diapers and when dirty/wet])? By the time it increases my pack over time, it can get over than 50 lbs. That's heavy. It limits my time. Especially when "leaving nothing behind" garbage".

Reactions: Pino and Diprs2
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
I've been in Colorado in the mountains for camping. The sky in evenings are beautiful. A billion stars (which I don't see in my town). As for wearing
a diaper, during the day can be a challenging. Especially when you're caring a heavy pack (and tent). I've never been able to hike more than 5 days because you can't leave messy (and wet) diapers. How many days (and how heavy your gear [ including diapers and when dirty/wet])? By the time it increases my pack over time, it can get over than 50 lbs. That's heavy. It limits my time. Especially when "leaving nothing behind" garbage".
If I had to haul my used diapers back with me there would be no reason for me to use disposables in place of my normal cloth diapers. If I’ve got to haul them back I may as well be packing back used cloth diapers in plastic bags to bring home to launder. As far as the stars I’ve seen them in the mountains of many states but nothing like the view in northern Alaska at -60 to -70 F and the total lack of artificial light. The air can hold so little moisture when it’s that cold and the lack of outside light makes the stars look huge and it’s dangerous to get to involved with watching them on a narrow road like the Dalton highway (also referred to as the haul road) as if your eyes aren’t on the road you’ll soon not be either.

Reactions: Diprs2
The last time I was there, backpacking was up in 8,000' above in elevation. We kept firearms secured, registered but access. No grizzly bears but some of black bears. As for being IC, access water is limited. So by the time I got home I had a pretty good diaper rash. Most experienced hikers bring a small trowel (for digging natural garbage - poop). My pack is pretty light (tent, sleeper and gear along with enough diapers and clothes).And enough H2O and food (secured). We went during summer but it can still be cold in that elevation.

Sounds like you have it figured out. How long do you have to cover a distance with your kayak before you can use them to get to your camp? Hiking out with dirty diapers isn't available in my hiking/camps. If I did it wouldn't limit the trip. My pack can get heavier each day (~50 lbs +). Your trip sounds perfect. Wilderness along with fresh water makes it a dream. Enjoy yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
Back