Camp America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I recieved a package in the post this morning about Camp America... that I apparently ordered :confused:

Anyways, I've been looking through the brochure and it looks a bit of a laugh.

Has anyone ever been who could give me a first person insight to what it's all about and if it's worth £500?

D.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I just looked at their web site. Interesting. One thing that I noticed under their FAQs:

Due to the nature of the programme there are some medical conditions that cannot be accepted. Camp America has 35 years experience of sending young people to summer camps. During this time we have developed considerable experience and expertise in determining which medical conditions are appropriate for the camp environment and which are not. At all times we seek to put the health and welfare of our participants and the children in their care first.

I wonder where bedwetting or IC falls?

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I very almost nearly did that this summer, except you have to be 18 to do it and I didn't turn 18 until after the time it starts...

It does sound good and everything though, spend time in America, gain some good CV worthy experience, and then travel around for a bit afterwards. It's just whether you can put up with American children for that long or not. :p

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I very almost nearly did that this summer, except you have to be 18 to do it and I didn't turn 18 until after the time it starts...

It's just whether you can put up with American children for that long or not. :p

Is there something unique to American children that you might find off-putting? (as opposed to children from almost any other Tier 1 country)(oh, not a rant, just curious)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Is there something unique to American children that you might find off-putting? (as opposed to children from almost any other Tier 1 country)(oh, not a rant, just curious)

Lets see:

Disrespect for anything and everyone
Slang
caring only about themselves

these are all things that can affect anyone at any age but it seams our kids here in the states suffer from these things the worst.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Lets see:

Slang

these are all things that can affect anyone at any age but it seams our kids here in the states suffer from these things the worst.

I am sad because you're completley righ :(

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Lets see:

Slang

I think those problems exist in other places as badly as they do here. Australia, England, France, Canada; their young people exhibit those same (lack) of qualities. Maybe I'm overgeneralizing, but I don't think so.:dunno:

kwill1984

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Man, these are the same with kids everywhere. Personally, I find British children to be far more rude, arrogant and offensive than any American kids I have met, but this is just personal, I am sure you could ask a million people this question and receive a million different responses.

It's just easier to pick on Americans since they are the most powerful country in the world right now and have such hegemonic influence on the world over. Probably the same way the world felt about the UK 100 years ago.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Well said. I guess with great power comes great exposure of the derriere, eh?

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other

Tier 1 country?

Well American children would be off-putting because they're slightly alien, whereas if it was a British camp you'd know what you were getting. Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't! ;)

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I was trying to come up with something a little less arrogant sounding than 1st world country (as opposed to 3rd world countries) to indicate nations that are at/ near the top of the heap of nation/ states in the world. Didn't really work for me, either. sorry.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i think after growing up in britain, charlie, you'd find american children to be perfect little angels. british kids are obnoxious little bastards.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I was trying to come up with something a little less arrogant sounding than 1st world country (as opposed to 3rd world countries) to indicate nations that are at/ near the top of the heap of nation/ states in the world. Didn't really work for me, either. sorry.
At school they taught us it was MEDC and LEDC (being more/less economically developed country).
i think after growing up in britain, charlie, you'd find american children to be perfect little angels. british kids are obnoxious little bastards.

Racist!

I think that at camps you're likely to see something different, because I believe that camps are quite a big thing in America, it's what kids do over the summer... while here I can only see cubs (younger versions of scouts) camping.
And cubs aren't quite the typical 'little bastards' you generally find here. :p They make woggles and help old women to cross the street*. :D

(*Actually this is something I've only ever seen on American cartoons, along with Brownies (female equivalent) selling cookies)

Status
Not open for further replies.