Not open for further replies.

DylanK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
The adisc calendar ended December 2012, assuming we aren't on the Mayan system ;) maybe this should be extended.

On another note what is it permitted to put on there? is it just public community events like SIDF, or can we put other things on their like birthdays, etc?

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I asked about the calendar with a similar Mayan reference in February. Moo said he was on it, so I'm sure it will be taken care of. What do you mean birthdays? Have your birthday pop up in a special section for everyone to wish you a happy b-day?

DylanK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
not my real birthday specifically, but major events like my little's 5th birthday, for which I'm thinking about organizing an RP party for my friends and those that'd be interested. ^_^ Or is it just for major community events, can we include dates of things like pride marchesetc.. or munchies organised else where on the internet, should we even include major religious events, dwali as much as xmas, etc.. I think it'd be worth while putting some of these things on it, I just wondered where Moo would draw the line.

But in a previous thread he said if something can't be written in 3 lines (word wrapped or otherwise) it shouldn't be posted in the AS-fora to be discussed hence my first post not having all the detail I'd have liked to put in. (and I've kept this one short too)

Arlikra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm amazed it's taken over four months for anybody to notice this.

DylanK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Hence the request for clarification on what to put on there, if more things were on there, more people would use it, more things would be on there and problems like this wouldn't happen unnoticed

LittleRK

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I honestly never notice the calendar, except maybe once in a blue moon. I think that the calendar should be minimized and placed on a side bar for the site, just like the articles we see on the right. I think that would create more use of the calendar and even encourage people to take part in events.

-Ron

HoganBunny

Legendary Bun
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Moo: The fix looks pretty simple: Calendar show 2010 but not show 2012 - vBulletin Community Forum

DylanK said:
On another note what is it permitted to put on there? is it just public community events like SIDF, or can we put other things on their like birthdays, etc?

We'd prefer people not put birthdays on the calendar, as Moo specifically removed birthdays from being automatically shown on the calendar: https://www.adisc.org/forum/administrative-stuff/28480-birthdays.html#post469225.

not my real birthday specifically, but major events like my little's 5th birthday, for which I'm thinking about organizing an RP party for my friends and those that'd be interested. ^_^ Or is it just for major community events, can we include dates of things like pride marchesetc.. or munchies organised else where on the internet, should we even include major religious events, dwali as much as xmas, etc.. I think it'd be worth while putting some of these things on it, I just wondered where Moo would draw the line.

Huh, I thought the calendar showed major holidays / religious events like Christmas. Guess I was wrong. :p If someone wanted to add those, that'd be certainly fine.

For munches and meetups, that's Moo's call. I'm not exactly sure whether it would or wouldn't, given the recent changes to the meetup rules. The calendar is public, so certainly, anyone planning a meetup that they intend to limit to EC+ wouldn't want to put the meetup on the calendar.

DylanK said:
But in a previous thread he said if something can't be written in 3 lines (word wrapped or otherwise) it shouldn't be posted in the AS-fora to be discussed hence my first post not having all the detail I'd have liked to put in. (and I've kept this one short too)

5 lines, technically. It's not a hard and fast rule; more that Moo doesn't want extremely long, rambling, or vague suggestions.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
Fixed.

You can put your birthday on the calendar if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.