• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Buying soon - looking for sizing opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
Hey everyone - I registered/posted a while back and have since fallen off the virtual earth, at least with this site. Anyway, I'm back because I have two Abena X-Pluses left and am looking to order a new pack of something.

I generally like the Abenas. However, the mediums (which I have been wearing) rise fairly high on me... about 1/2" above my belly button. In whatever I buy, I'm looking for a good fit both around the legs and waist, with a not-so-high cut.

The Abri's fit well enough but I'm wondering if there is something better to try. I tried a Secure a while back - just one - and I can't remember if it was a Plus or X-Plus. Regardless, it was a medium and I think it fit pretty well. I'm 6' 1" ish and about 155 lbs with a 32" waist. My hip measurement (perhaps more critical?) is a 34".

Unless y'all have a better recommendation, I think I want to get a pack of the Secure X-Plus. Question is size. Would a small fit properly, or should I stick with medium? I don't like excess plastic material hanging out everywhere (i.e. the wings, etc) and there is a bit of overlap on the Abri X-Plus M's.

Hope this isn't too much info, just trying to make sure I order what's right. Thanks (a ton!) in advance!!

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
You might consider trying the Dry 24/7 in size mediums. They are almost as absorbent as the Abena X-plus, but I have found that they don't ride up as high on your waist as the abena's do.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Hi Jraff, medium for sure. I have a 32" waist as well, and a small size just does not fit anyone bigger than 30". Secure x-pluses are really nice, I'm wearing one right now, on me they come just below my bellybutton. They are really absorbant and I think you will find they are just a little smaller than Abena's.

Lizzie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I usually just fold down whatever I think is too high.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I usually just fold down whatever I think is too high.
Same here, just neatly fold it on the inside of the diaper. Unfortauntly when I do this abena x-plus mediums, the padding absorbant part rides so high on my tummy I have to fold even prt of that, so I just bought smalls last time, they fit me much more snuggly. But they are noticably and considerably less absorbant than the mediums. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.