Buying nappies from Dorset Nursing Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've never heard of it, but it doesn't look like it would be very discreet, since the address would say Dorset Nursing Supplies Ltd., but the delivery looks like it would be fast

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Never tried that one. They seem a bit pricey too. 24-48 hour delivery. That will be quick.

Cynae

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
They are the best place I have found to get Abenas from in the UK (42 xplus medium for £21.75 plus shipping). As far as the discreetness goes it is probably as good as you can expect from online ordering with a return address and so on but its not like they have 'DORSET NURSING SUPPLIES' or 'ADULT NAPPIES' emblazoned in big letters on the box :)

MrE

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
They seem rather cheap to me. Better than ordering from Hartmann direct. Will give them a try next time I'm running low.

Well just got my order from Hartmann. Don't buy from them if you want privacy. It came in a Molicare Box with the fact that they were incontinence products clearly posted on the box. It was also quite loosely sealed so not my no.1 recommendation. Still I've got 2 packs of Molicares now :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Interesting, but I have never tried them. It is pretty cool that they ship to the US too. Shipping is free for over 100 euros which is what? About 140 dollars? So no thanks, I seriously doubt I will be ordering from there because of that shipping policy haha. One thing that really interested me was these molicares that they have. They are way different from any molicare I seen sold from a US company, which is good because I hate purple diapers! Check them out!
http://www.dorset-nursing.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=78%2F169961%2F28&cat=306

Darn, the picture would not post so there is the url.

Last edited:

MrE

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
They're not a very distinct purple. It's quite subtle.
I like molicares they're very practical. They are more comfy and reliable than Abri Forms.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Check them out!
http://www.dorset-nursing.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=78%2F169961%2F28&cat=306

Darn, the picture would not post so there is the url.
Those are the (new) MOlicare Premium diapers. They have a plastic-backed maxi pad like middle and sides made from cloth materia. I've never tried them, but by the looks of them I gather I won't like them.
Molicare diapers come in two colors: The "plus" version comes in purple while the normal aborbency version comes in blue.

Peachy

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Hmm... interesting.

I wonder if that "free shipping" thing applies to the USA.

Probably not... but it would be cool to get some euro-spec (heh) Tena Maxis.

MrE

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Each to their own. I am a bit unsure about Abris. They maybe super bulky and be able to hold a lot but the plastic tears really easy and the tapes have a habit of digging into my skin or breaking.

Molicares hold huge amounts and don't buckle. I like the purpleness as well.

Role
Diaper Lover
I've never even had them, I'm just defending them wildly, like stupid white people that defend black people when someone says the N word. Your stupid, its not your problem shut the hell up.

You should get a smaller size E. I'll try them out some day in the next few months probably, I'll see how they do.

How recent was this, I heard that those were problems with the old Abriforms.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
I personally like Secures or Bambinos better than Abris. The price is relatively close... the absorbency is really good... and the tapes on the Secures & Bambinos don't tear like Abris do.

MrE

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Size E????
We don't use your silly American measurements on this side of the atlantic sir!

Role
Diaper Lover
I meant, maybe you should get a different size, E.

I DO NOT like the looks of the Secures, bambinos are OK, but no wetness indicator.

I wonder if the absorbency of Secures at Small is the same as Abri's at large....

I'm actually serious now though, I don't like looks of secures and I'd rather not advertise what I like on my diaper, with no indicator!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Alex... as much as Bambino will deny it... Secures @ Bambinos are pretty much the same... only the waist bands and designs are different.

Why do you need a wetness indicator anyways? You know when you need a change.

Role
Diaper Lover
I like the way they look.

What about Secures, someone said back at TBDL, that they had 5 droplets and the mediums only have 4. Is there really any difference, secures hold the same at all sizes or what?

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
personally i dont need things that fast...
looks cool though

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Why do you need a wetness indicator anyways? You know when you need a change.
Because bed-ridden elderly people in nursing homes may be unable to communicate when they need a change! And let's face it - the majority of diapers is probably used in environments like that.

Peachy

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Because bed-ridden elderly people in nursing homes may be unable to communicate when they need a change! And let's face it - the majority of diapers is probably used in environments like that.

Peachy

I believe you missed my point Peachy. :laughing:

I know why the wetness indicator was invented. I was specificly asking Alex why he (a very healthy and active teen) needed one.

Though it is kinda fun to watch in a mirror as the little lines change colour or dissapear. Makes me feel like such a kid. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.