Buying Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

David315

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you had anything interesting happen to you while buying diapers. Once while buying underpads at a medical supply store, the cashier (who was a middle aged woman) said "let me put these in a bag for you, we don't want everyone knowing about your nighttime problem". She must have seen my face because she then said "I'm just joking of course". and that was it...but it really got my heart beating....and I liked it!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have had cashiers ask me if I need a bag for my diapers before. I just smile and say "No thanks, everyone knows I wear diapers anyways."

It's always funny to see the look on their face.

thad

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
No one knew anything but me, but I was still about 40 shades of red. When I ordered my first box of diapers, they came in a plain, brown box with nothing identifying what they were. My roommate had his parents over, and when I got home from work, they'd already picked up the mail. His mother said that something had come for me, and handed me the box, asking me what was inside. Between the stammer and the pause, and the shades of red I went, She smiled and said "if it's private, that's ok" and left me to flee up to my room to open them up.

*facefault* *dies in his tracks*
-- Thad

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
my closets was when I went to a medical supply store to get some First Qualities. While shopping around, this girl that I know somewhat was working the register, so to elude her off of my tracks I just said that I have been working part time at the Nursing Home down the stree, lol. It covered my A$$ and a kind remark from her, lol.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My weirdest comment from a cashier was from a middle aged cashier at a Wal-Mart in Wyoming. She told me that is was so nice that I was willing to purchase (Depends Underwear) for my wife...Mind you, I was while I was in my mid-twenties and had no ring on my finger...I only told her "thank you."

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I bought a magazine with my stuff. I scan it (self-checkout) and hear "Employee assistance is needed for this item". That scared me bad, after I had givin myself a pep-talk on how no one would see me buy diapers o_O

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Probably the time I got underjams, had to have been 8 minutes waiting in line.

blueberry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I one time was at a rite aid and had checked to see if no one was at the register. It was clear so I went back got the diapers I had picked out, but then when I walked up there was two people in line in front of me. One was a middle aged woman and the other was a hot blonde Im guessing in her twenties. The problem was that the middle aged woman was having trouble with her credit card omg! Anyways I stood there, diapers in hand for like 5 min, and I noticed the blonde girl looking down and peeking at what I was holding. Finally after buying the diapers I walked out to my car. I thought it was all over, but as I was walking to the car the blonde girl was in hers about to leave and just stared at me as I walked out. It was embarressing yet i got a rush out of it too.

mooster

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
No, I haven't had anything interesting while buying diapers. I usually get them through the Internet or I use the self-check at Safeway so I don't have to worry about the checkout clerks. :worshippy:

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
i usually go to little mom/pop places, to try to avoid anyone i might know. those places are so small and quiet though, as soon as you walk in "Hey, what can I help you with today".
"umm....diapers? like, for adults?"

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
Years ago at a medical supply store, I inquired about the different diapers they had in stock. The store is almost always empty, so the lady at the counter took me to the back and pulled out some pullups and diapers that were out of package.
Without even asking me who they were for, she held a white medium brief unfolded up at my waist, then a light-blue large. She said that the large is right in my range, but I told her that it looked way too long at the legs, which it was. I wanted that blue color, but knew it would leak alot. She then dug through the box and pulled out a zip-lock bag that had a lavender colored diaper. It said 'regular 40-48' on the bag, written in sharpie. She looked supprised and said she forgot they even had them because nobody asks for them in that size and the only case they had in stock was tucked away.
She held this one up to the medium and then the large to compare the leg gaps. She said it might be just right and gave it to me to try on in their bathroom. I could barely speak and my face was on fire as I thanked her and went in. I took off my old diaper, trying (for whatever reason) to be quiet about it, balled and tossed it in the trash, then put on the new one.
For the first time in my life I had a diaper that fit me perfectly! I pulled up my pants and washed my hands then came out. She asked me how it fit and I said that I never had one fit me so well. She giggled and said that's wonderful that I found something that fits and also said the lavender color was nice too. I badly blushed. I thanked her for all her help then I ended up buying the case and having them order another.
I bought a few cases from there over the years, but the price wasn't managable enough for everyday wear. Still, each time she was there she got a kick out of bringing me my 'purple diapers' as she so lovingly referred to them as.

They were first-quality full-mat. I will probably get some more some time.. I kinda miss the place :)

S

soren456

The only time a clerk seemed to notice was at a medical supply store. She asked if I had picked the right size.

I do have an issue with medical supply stores that I wonder if others share:

You can't look around.

I'd love to be able to snoop around their incontinence sections, look at the backs of packages and so on. But every time I walk in, they're right there, wanting to help. I don't have the balls to say that I am just looking.

They'd get a lot more money out of me if they'd allow me to make some impulse purchases . . . .

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
The only time a clerk seemed to notice was at a medical supply store. She asked if I had picked the right size.

I do have an issue with medical supply stores that I wonder if others share:

You can't look around.

I'd love to be able to snoop around their incontinence sections, look at the backs of packages and so on. But every time I walk in, they're right there, wanting to help. I don't have the balls to say that I am just looking.

They'd get a lot more money out of me if they'd allow me to make some impulse purchases . . . .

That is the funniest thing. I Have thought that so many times. I know they are suppose to ask an offer because it is suppose to drive sells, but when they do that to certain customers... well it scares us off :p

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
That is the funniest thing. I Have thought that so many times. I know they are suppose to ask an offer because it is supposed to drive sells, but when they do that to certain customers... well it scares us off :p

That's one reason I could hardly ever go to such places and see what they had -- I managed to once or twice, but the embarrassment was just too much to repeat.

spokanegod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have never had any problems or comments from cashiers; but I have always been prepared to get pissed at em and tell them, "right... they are for me! I guess my disabled father will just have to piss all over himself for the next few days. I just thought I would save him the embarresment!" That line should stop them dead in they're tracks and never ask you a thing again!

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
Not really. I have only bought twice and it has been in a local supermarket in walking distance where I just buy them and quickly go through the self checkout aisle and bust on out. No stress but on the lookout for any people I know. i've got a status and I may sometimes circle the same aisle 3 or 4 times before buying. No stress. No worries.

trevorboy69

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I bought my last pack of GN and had a coupon, the f$%&*#g cashier seemed to think that a mega pack of gn is smaller than jumbo pack, and had me wait there for a good 5 min while she thought about it. Meanwhile, ppl were behind me and noticed my beet red face. I NEVER get embarassed anymore..except for that last time.

Siddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I was at a store buying some depends, while in line a check out a lady walking in line behind me, she must have looked at what i was getting, because she tapped my back and said "oh thanks for reminding me" and runs off and Im wondering about what.

She comes back a few seconds later to the lane next to mine with a pack of pampers smiling at me and says "Got them" I'm there like wth

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My medical supply store is seriously understaffed. So most of the time when I go in, the cashier is on the phone talking to some other customer. I have a couple of minutes to look at the merchandise, and the last time I found the Prevail PM product. It's sold as an overnight diaper, and it is excellent at that. It is even better for daytime wear because it will last lots longer than the ones I've been using.

Siddy: you should be proud that someone used you as a mnemonic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.