Buying diapers in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

baden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm headed to Germany for work for a couple weeks. I'd like to purchase my supplies there instead of packing from the states. I've read some posts from 2012 that most grocery or pharmacy stores carry them. Is that still true? What brands? Is it the same as in the states that plastic backed are not available retail?

While sorry I can't advise on German shops if I was off to Germany I would be buying from save express and getting MyDiaper Nights.

Agree with Argent... Try Save Express (www.saveexpress.de) they are based in Hamburg... Germany is the Diaper capital of Europe... Brands include Abena (M4 plastic backed), Rearz, Dry 24/7 and My Diaper to name a few... I also recommend MyDiaper Nights... or you could try www.buntewindel.de

Good Luck...

Where in Germany are you heading to?

I had better luck with amazon's German store (amazon.de) than Save Express. Might not be a problem for you since you'll be there for a while, but there was a delay in Save shipping the package which was nearly disastrous for a multi-city vacation with short stays.

I didn't see a lot of good selections at the stores/pharmacies. Just have it shipped to the front desk of your hotel. They get packages for customers everyday.

I shouldn't be but I'm leery of shipping to my hotel from a German website I don't understand well. I'm not sure what would show up. I'm not picky. I'd just like a bag of Abena or similar. I plan to try my luck with retail stores. I'll be near Frankfurt.

Pharmacies should be stocking decent diapers, but they might not have what you want if you're picky.
I would guess that you can get either Abena, Molicare or Tena though. Probably Cotton Feel. :p

Maybe the easiest way really would be an Amazon Prime delivery to your hotel so you can pick it up from the front desk.
save-express has a huge selection and with their neutral packaging option they will take care that no diaper brands or logos are visible on your package. But they could be a bit slower and even I don't know which shipping options will reliably give me a tracking number.

I think the best and easiest way is to order at the pharmacie, not the drugstore, and the next day you can pick it up. Done it myself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm here in Germany now and failing at finding diapers. The apothecaries that I've found are just drug stores and don't carry diapers. I've not asked anyone, because you know why. Is there another store that would carry them?

I live near Frankfurt. If you want help send me a pm

Germany pharmacies do sell them but they are rarely on show, pretty much the same as Spain. Also the supermarkets in Germany have them but they (again like Spain) tend to be the cheaper versions. Try to find a shop that caters for the disabled, they will keep everything you will need....at a price.

If your visit to Germany brings you anywhere near the German/Belgian border, you could also try a visit to Belgium.
In Belgium most large supermarkets like "delhaize" sell adult diapers (mostly brand Orlys).
Save Express in Quickborn near hamburg woudl also be a good option. They are AB friendly and have a very large choice (see their website)

The 'Orlys' are the ones in the Spanish supermarkets, recently went from plastic outer to cloth. Seem to leak more, or have less capacity. :frown:

Sry baden I got your PM but wasn't aware that I can't reply because of my status. :( So the only solution for private communication is imho if you send me your email adress or messenger handle (prefered Skype or Telegram).

baden said:
I'm headed to Germany for work for a couple weeks. I'd like to purchase my supplies there instead of packing from the states. I've read some posts from 2012 that most grocery or pharmacy stores carry them. Is that still true? What brands? Is it the same as in the states that plastic backed are not available retail?

I've spent a lot of time in Germany and had many cases of diapers delivered to me (both in Germany, home in the US, or to Austria or elsewhere) by Save Express. I've made the trip to their store a few times, too. They are very, very accepting and helpful. I've spent some time asking questions about different diapers and explaining my needs - they were accommodating and helped me to get a good selection of brands to try out. I do very highly recommend them!

It is worth taking a roadtrip to Hemdingen, which is in the north of Germany (about 45 minutes north of Hamburg). For one thing, they are really in the sticks! It is beautiful country and a great place for a roadtrip on a sunny day.

In Germany, I've heard Buntewindle is also very good - but I've never used them myself. Their store is a little south of Hamburg; but I know nothing more about them.

I've never had much luck in getting good brands from a pharmacy and I've never even seen adult diapers in a supermarket...

If you are ordering, I can also recommend ABDL Factory in Ravenstein, Nederlands. They have a store, if one wanted to visit (it is not far from Nijmegen); but they offer free shipping on orders greater than €100. They weren't as open or welcoming as Save Express when I visited, but their service was professional and quick.

I am just using up the last of my supply from my last trip to Germany over the summer. I may just have to take a quick jaunt across the pond to get more here pretty soon. :)

Safe travels!!! If you're up for it, let me know what city you will be in and for how long. It would be nice to enjoy a beer or three in the local pub.

I succumbed and ordered from save expresss. The website doesn't have a solid English translation, but i figured it out. I'm south of Frankfurt and as worried that they wouldn't arrive before I left, but they got here in less than 2 days. I was very impressed. Its also thr first time I've bought some premium brands and are they great. I wish I had more room in my suitcase and I'd take a bunch home. The shipping to the us is expensive.

baden said:
I succumbed and ordered from save expresss. The website doesn't have a solid English translation, but i figured it out.

Yeah they seem to do a fair job though, good enough to order without being too worried about getting the wrong product. I ordered some of the dark blue mydiaper from them on the 2nd. I got a few emails but they seem to say "don't ask us for tracking, we don't have it, you can expect tracking emails from the shipper", but I have yet to receive any tracking info. It says it went out DHL. So I have no idea when to expect it and they clearly don't want me asking them for tracking info, so.... dunno.
After / After:
The package will be delivered to the package service provider selected by you. Please accept the shipment immediately. Packstation customers are concerned with problems at Packstation.
Tracking:
You will not receive tracking from us but from the package service.
Set your mailbox so that you can receive it.
At DPD you do not receive any tracking, we expressly point out during the order!
For this reason, we will send a consignment request to -deutsche consignments after 6 workdays after delivery delivery. Be sure to log in after the 5 day after the delivery date, as returning items will have a new delivery charge - foreign shipments do not arrive 25 days ago! Www.ups.de www.dpd.de www.dhl.de www.gls-group.de
We can not process requests for tracking numbers for technical and personnel reasons. Take advantage of our DHL Premium Tracking Service. Also check your mailbox for spam settings.

The package was sent with your select parcel company. A transmission inquiry do not initiate -
- United Kingdom 25-45 days a day with DHL.

DLnerd2004, I sent you another PM that had the info in it, but I guess you can't read them as well as reply. Start posting messages so you can PM. There are a few trash threads for 'what diaper are you wearing now' and the like. Fill up your history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back