Bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
What about a bulky diaper makes us love it so much? I am sitting in my ATN with 2 boost pads and I just love the bulk. So I am asking all of you...what about bulkiness makes you just love it?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
That's a tricky one to describe...

Personally I'm not really a fan of super bulk... but I do like a diaper that is "just right". Something bulky enough that I know I am diapered... but not so much that it interferes with everyday activities.

I think it's just part of the overall gratification process of diapers that is so difficult to put into words.

WoodlandWanderer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I think that Darkfinn touched on it in his post, the main difference (appearence wise) between a nappy and pants is how much thicker a nappy is. Most peoeple may not notice wearing pants but you will be able to feel it if you have a nappy on.
Because of this I think we associate bulk with a babyish feeling that we're in a nappy.

Bulkier nappy = more babyish

AidanKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Maybe the babyish association has something to do with proportions and control as well. If you see a baby in a wet diaper, it looks huge on them and is possibly hanging to their knees, or maybe mid calf for a toddler. I think that's a part of it, for me at least. I think that a baby or a toddler wearing a diaper certainly can sense they are wearing one, as mentioned above, but its more than that... its like this thing that they have no control over, a heavy thing that sort of hangs on them. If our larger bodies have a regular diaper on, maybe there's something missing when we have that perceived control- a totally manageable nappy just isn't as exciting.

Compare that to when you've got a heavy and thick diaper on, and you feel its weight between your legs, the cushioning effect of the swollen padding, and that slight loss of control over your surroundings because of an accessory that you, of course, don't want to control. It feels like its the right size in proportion to your body, and you feel smaller or more babyish in effect.

I know that this explanation has a really heavy AB feel to it, I'm not sure how differently a pure DL would answer this question.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
  4. Private
I honestly really can't explain why I like them to be really thick.

I guess its the feeling and knowing that I have a nappy on.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
It's different for everyone. I don't like a diaper so thick that it hinders me from doing normal daily activities, but I do like the feeling of it when it's wet. I can't really explain why. I don't feel "babyish" when I wear a thick diaper (I'm mostly DL), but it's just enjoyable for me I suppose.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
For me, bulky=babyish.

As I've noted in previous threads, I love Bambinos, as they get somewhat bulky when wet. That, combined with the Abena Abri Let Maxi that I stick inside, it can get pretty big once everything is all said and done.

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm probably the odd man out here but I don't really like "bulky" diapers.

To me, a wet diaper is kind of uncomfortable after awhile so if i'm wearing for long stretches of time I like to be able to change without feeling like i'm "wasting" a diaper. I just like the feeling of a dry diaper...its refreshing :D

Jared

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My wife puts me in thick, bulky diapers at night because a few years ago I developed a neurogenic bladder and I often wet during my sleep. Sometimes cloth ones that are made with multiple layers of cotton. If I have been drinking alcohol she adds a cloth liner.

Sometimes she puts me in an Abriform X-Plus, and again if I've been drinking more bulk is added with a liner. With disposable diapers the liner she uses is either a g-diaper made for babies and available in upscale health food stores or a compostable Weenee pad from Kuver Designs in Australia.

With either cloth diapers or the the Abriform X-Plus, I wear plastic pants from either Babykins or Fetware.

Kuver also makes rubberized, waterproof Eenee undies to wear during the day with the hourglass-shaped Weenee pad discretely inserted. The pads can be easily and quickly changed. Great for traveling (another time my neurogenic bladder can get me in trouble).

Getting back to bulk, the thickness inhibits my walking -- I basically waddle with my legs spread a bit. I am acutely aware of the diaper with every step I take. It tells me that the active, mobile, productive part of the day is over. I have surrendered to my wife and the restrictiveness of the diapers. I tend to become passive and feel a closeness with my wife, who is is well aware of this psychological effect. She often diapers me an hour or two prior to bedtime and we cuddle on the couch and watch TV.

Jared

juriev

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I love the thick diapers.... the thicker the better in my opinion.... i guess it does feel more babyish.

Boyhood

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Bulkier nappy = more babyish

I disagree, in the fact that most AB's on this forum would agree that babyish items are of interest, and therefore things like "bulk" are then misconstrued to BE babyish. If you think about it, baby diapers are far less bulky than adult diapers-- (the truth hurts). I think we all need to take into consideration that bulk is in most cases a preferable feeling, and that the bulk itself is therefore not a baby trait.

If the majority of strict ABs and a strict DLs both love bulk, it is imperative that we understand that it is more than a just a feeling, and maybe something to do more with a specific other category, like the sexual nature involved. We just may be baffled by statistics that show that 95% of people that don't have a strong sexual fetish with diapers dislike bulk.

If ADISC could have surveys instead of polls, I think we could get a lot of stuff like this figured out.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
It's a comforting feeling to have that bulk between your legs, for whatever reason. It's kind of like a hug in a weird way.

And if it's a bit overly bulky, it makes you waddle rather babyishly. :)

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
If ADISC could have surveys instead of polls, I think we could get a lot of stuff like this figured out.
yeah this is exactly what i think. then again it's kinda like on big essay that we never seem to finish and each answer is correct.

back to bulk, me i like bulk rarely. but cloth i would like bulk. as for why i dont is it just isn't that special. plus i never have enough time to wear a bulky diaper. cloth i would like the builk cause it would make me waddle and stuff and be more babyish.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
...If you think about it, baby diapers are far less bulky than adult diapers-- (the truth hurts). I think we all need to take into consideration that bulk is in most cases a preferable feeling, and that the bulk itself is therefore not a baby trait.

Actually, it depends on your point of reference. It used to be that baby disposable diapers were much thicker than they are now. Before SAP started being widely used in them, the best and most absorbent ones were thick and cushiony, and you could definitely see the difference. That became one of the things I associated with diapers, and still do. I think the best of the best was in the mid to late '80s, when a baby diaper was clearly thicker than an adult one. That is why the adult diapers available back then didn't hold that much. Some of the first ones I tried would barely hold one wetting without leaking, since the features and performance of adult diapers lagged behind baby diapers, which was quite disappointing. We have it so much better today.

Boyhood

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think the best of the best was in the mid to late '80s, when a baby diaper was clearly thicker than an adult one. That is why the adult diapers available back then didn't hold that much. Some of the first ones I tried would barely hold one wetting without leaking, since the features and performance of adult diapers lagged behind baby diapers, which was quite disappointing. We have it so much better today.

See, this is kind of hard to believe that at any point in the past a baby's diaper was bulkier than an adult's diaper. Incontenient adults have been around for quite a while, and there's no way that the most bulky baby diaper would ever surpass the most bulky adult diaper. I might give you the benefit of the doubt that perhaps a select few baby diapers were able to be bulkier than a specific shit brand adult one, but because of the fact that adults have such a larger bladder and also larger waist and hips size, there really is no argument of which type of diapers were more bulky in any point in history. It just simply doesn't make sense.

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
See, this is kind of hard to believe that at any point in the past a baby's diaper was bulkier than an adult's diaper. Incontinent adults have been around for quite a while, and there's no way that the most bulky baby diaper would ever surpass the most bulky adult diaper. I might give you the benefit of the doubt that perhaps a select few baby diapers were able to be bulkier than a specific shit brand adult one, but because of the fact that adults have such a larger bladder and also larger waist and hips size, there really is no argument of which type of diapers were more bulky in any point in history. It just simply doesn't make sense.

And yet it happened. I was there. We tend to be limited by our own perspective and things that we've encountered in life, but that doesn't mean that something we didn't witness or actually experience didn't happen. The trend in baby diapers was for better absorbency, which required more padding in which to absorb. By 1985, baby diapers were much thicker than they are today, before the wide usage of polymers. And all the adult diapers I was able to find at retail stores (before the commercial internet), including Attends, Depend, and some other brands that have come and gone were less absorbent and thinner. You would be surprised by the difference. Adults for whom there was nothing else available either had to deal with inferior disposable diapers and frequent changes or use cloth diapers and add additional ones as needed for better absorbency.

Here's an informative article about how disposable diapers have evolved.
gladwell dot com - smaller
and here's the same on as a .PDF
http://www.gladwell.com/pdf/smaller.pdf

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
Its just the love of it being so thick and irresistible of it being so good. This sounds like a Big Mac commercial but I's speakin the truth.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
  1. Private
See, this is kind of hard to believe that at any point in the past a baby's diaper was bulkier than an adult's diaper. Incontenient adults have been around for quite a while, and there's no way that the most bulky baby diaper would ever surpass the most bulky adult diaper. I might give you the benefit of the doubt that perhaps a select few baby diapers were able to be bulkier than a specific shit brand adult one, but because of the fact that adults have such a larger bladder and also larger waist and hips size, there really is no argument of which type of diapers were more bulky in any point in history. It just simply doesn't make sense.
Of course. It's called proportions. More bladder, more surface area, more piss = more absorbent material. Also noteworthy is the fact that while surface area increases in a linear fashion, volume increases in a logarithmic fashion. Thus, your bladder gets some six times bigger as you grow up while your surface area increases by only around 3x (both numbers being completely random guesses formulated inside my head). The point is, you need exponentially more padding to absorb X amount of wettings.

Purely a technicality.

That said, I tend to like bulk as well. It just feels comfortable. Softer than a thin little diaper, I guess? My diapers tend to be on the less pillow-ey side because of the way I stuff them (see my other thread which I'm too lazy to link to now), which is why I still want to get a package of 24/7s or Bambinos - bulkiness without feeling like a slab of concrete on your groin.

--Danny :ninja:

tom

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Surely the bulk is relative to the proportions of thr body. Of course, baby diapers are less bulky, but on a baby, they probably match an adult diaper. If you ever see a baby, the diaper, due to the dis-proportionate body of a baby, can reach nearly the knee.
I think bulk has to do with the control factor, it means that you're very aware you have a diaper on, and hence, feels more babyish.

Status
Not open for further replies.