Not open for further replies.

EmeraldRegice

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
So there have been some old threads I looked through to get some ideas on what a nursery should look like, or the things people want in theirs. I want to ask for help on the actual building of it. Should I look up and order an adult sized changing table, or build it from scratch? And what about the highchair? The Crib? These need to fit someone almost 6 feet tall, so they will be many times bigger than a child's version. I know expense goes with it, not too worried about the expense, but getting it all put together is different. What would be the best possible way to tackle a project like this? I would love to hear your ideas on what you want in yours, but I would like to focus the discussion on the aspect of getting it built and put together.

I got hand tool experience, and woodworking experience as well, so I could use blueprints to build some stuff, any help on ways to tackle the project would be nice. Do you put shelves in your nursery? Should you? Should you not? These are the questions I want to know.

cool im in college doing woodwork and it probably be cheaper

Go for it what do you have to lose.

Just remember when working with wood and tools safety first!

buying pre made anything tends to be more expensive, i saw adult cribs for 1300+ depending on the specs (and an inflatable one from awwsocute for much much less, only a few hundred, but if youre building a nursery youd probably want something more permanent and sturdy)

really the only advice i personally can give is look online for cribs/highcairs/changing tables, then find/draw up plans for them and calculate cost, if cost matters, but i do know you can shave off at least a couple thousand dollars by making it yourself. then take inventory of all your baby things and stuff that would go in said nursery and build/buy shelves (or cabinets with baby locks :0?) accordingly. i also saw a tutorial on www.diapercuck.tumblr.com (i think) for how he made his crib out of two baby cribs

personally id make/get the crib first so i could arrange the room around it, then the changing table if i was gonna get one, and going from there in order of most to least cumbersome.

when i live on my own (soon hopefully) im making myself a nursery too. starting with railings and frame for my thick futon bed to turn it into a crib! im excited, for you too! good luck with your nursery, you should post about how its coming along when you start
sorry if this isnt very helpful!

Very helpful. I will certainly post updates when I get started on it.

I got an apt with a bedroom I can turn into a nursery. It's got a window in it, and is carpeted. I was thinking of getting a twin size mattress and putting it in the corner on the floor. Then I can make two crib walls out of rods and long pieces I could do it myself.

So I almost never double post, but OK, so I got a room to turn into a nursery. What else I got? How am I going to build a crib? I've been looking around and how supports taking already build ones to modify or should I just start from scratch? Im not concerned about time it takes, but as cost/per item goes, how much money cheaper do you think it is to edit pre-built ones? Or start with a bed and build off that? I can post pics of some ideas if it might help.

EmeraldRegice said:
I got an apt with a bedroom I can turn into a nursery. It's got a window in it, and is carpeted. I was thinking of getting a twin size mattress and putting it in the corner on the floor. Then I can make two crib walls out of rods and long pieces I could do it myself.

I would say that this is a pretty good start eventually you will end up with a crib design you like one day sometimes you need to start small and then go big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back