Building a custom pacifier box, looking for ideas

Skipy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
For a while now I've been using an old sour cream container to hide my paci's. I have a bad habit of leaving it out on my night stand and it's kind of an eyesore plus it isn't very concealed there, I have the luxury where if almost any of my family members looked in it they might be a bit shocked but not really surprised, most of them know I wear dips and they've all seen my sippy cups though I make it a rule that they don't see me drinking from them but I still would rather not have something like a paci so out in the open.

So I started making a wooden box

IMG_20200310_224243049.jpg

IMG_20200310_232040795.jpg

My plan is to put a false bottom in it under which I can conceal my pacis, I have not yet started the top and as I have access to a laser engraver I want to engrave a little quote or something on top thats "little" but subtle enough that it wouldn't be obvious, wondered if any of you guys had some ideas?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BabyDavidMessiah, Miccheck and pdiapered
For engraving, “Be Not A Dummy, Be A Dummy User”.

Cool, another woodworker!

For the engraving, how about, "Property of Pandora"

Reactions: NooNoo
Skipy said:
For a while now I've been using an old sour cream container to hide my paci's. I have a bad habit of leaving it out on my night stand and it's kind of an eyesore plus it isn't very concealed there, I have the luxury where if almost any of my family members looked in it they might be a bit shocked but not really surprised, most of them know I wear dips and they've all seen my sippy cups though I make it a rule that they don't see me drinking from them but I still would rather not have something like a paci so out in the open.

So I started making a wooden box

IMG_20200310_224243049.jpg

IMG_20200310_232040795.jpg

My plan is to put a false bottom in it under which I can conceal my pacis, I have not yet started the top and as I have access to a laser engraver I want to engrave a little quote or something on top thats "little" but subtle enough that it wouldn't be obvious, wondered if any of you guys had some ideas?
This is awesome. I want one! How many binkys will it hold do you think?

DippyDawg said:
Cool, another woodworker!

Ditto! I love building with wood.

As for the box, it’s looking good. How about this for a quote - Just a “little” box for my stuff.

BTW, even though I don’t consider myself little, I do use a paci when stressed. My kids are grown & gone so I keep my paci under my pillow.

NooNoo said:
This is awesome. I want one! How many binkys will it hold do you think?
Looks like it could hold 5 or 6, I'd like to make another one but as I understand the policy were not allowed to promote our own products.

I like the quotes that have been shared so far and I'm getting ready to engrave the top but I'll wait a little longer before deciding, I found a few online I like too, it dosen't really fit for what I have in mind but my favorite one is by cookie monster "Today me will live in the moment, Unless it is unpleasant in which case me will eat cookie."

• Love
Reactions: DippyDawg and NooNoo
I was hoping to be presenting the finished piece by last week, but I'm considered an essential worker and have been working quite a bit of overtime lately. I finished the top. The quote came from a friend at work who saw me looking at quotes on my lunch break. He said it reminded him of me when he saw it, and he just knows me as a coworker, didnt think I was that immature but here it isIMG_20200401_004304190.jpg

Reactions: BabyDavidMessiah
Skipy said:
I was hoping to be presenting the finished piece by last week, but I'm considered an essential worker and have been working quite a bit of overtime lately. I finished the top. The quote came from a friend at work who saw me looking at quotes on my lunch break. He said it reminded him of me when he saw it, and he just knows me as a coworker, didnt think I was that immature but here it isView attachment 39912
That's awesome

Back