PooMinara

No DMs please
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Well, today I finally completed an important step - I finished the basic frame for my crib. Not sure how long ago I started - maybe a year ago? - with plenty of periods when I didn't manage to get any work done. I've been using 100% recycled timber, and some of it is pretty crooked, which presents additional challenges. Drilling the holes and screwing the pieces together was only a couple of hours work, but I've spent countless hours sanding, priming, painting and varnishing the individual pieces. I decided not to fill in any dents, scratches, knots, scrapes etc., to preserve some of the original character of the wood..

I'll be adding updates as I make further progress. It should become easier now, as I made the base high enough to fit a lot of the storage boxes underneath that I've been keeping most of my belongings in. They've been taking up a lot of space, so that I've been spending a lot of my energy on constantly moving things around.

IMG_20230103_183716.png

• Love
Reactions: itsmebabypat, CuteKitten, medfet878 and 3 others

Mickey

Waddling Mouse w/ASD
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Very nice. I plan on designing and building mine soon, hopefully in the next few months.

Reactions: medfet878 and PooMinara

PooMinara

No DMs please
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I've been very busy, as I want the current phase of my project finished before my birthday on Friday. That means I need to finish varnishing two long pieces tonight which will prevent the mattress from slipping off sideways, and which will serve as attachment points for some more vertical posts to separate both sides into three segments.

The back side will have three equals segments, and the middle segment of the front side will be wider to accommodate some kind of door (still need to figure out whether hinged or sliding). Each segment (apart from the door) then be divided into top and bottom parts at different heights. The bottom parts will consist of solid MDF or plywood (painted in the same shade of pink, of course), and the top parts will consist of vertical bars.

These short pieces will separate the headboard and footboard into top and bottom segments.

IMG_20230108_183531.png

And here are the longer pieces in my (very messy) kitchen. I'm just waiting for them to dry so I can flip them over and paint the other side with clear glossy PU varnish.

IMG_20230108_190317 (1).png

Tomorrow I'll need to saw four vertical posts (~1.20m each), and sand each one with 60, 120 & 220 grit sandpaper so that they are ready for priming in the evening. That means around 4.5 hours of sanding in the afternoon. If I manage that, I should have the current stage ready by Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: footedpjs

PooMinara

No DMs please
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Some unexpected delays. But as they say in German: "aufgeschoben ist nicht aufgehoben" (postponed doesn't mean cancelled).

321915080_2090372461151987_4755290132904971488_n.jpg