• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Build a Bear Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Private
I think that store is adorable. It really makes me feel like a little kid again. I think it would be a cute place to go on a date with my girlfriend. I think the stuffies are a tad overpriced however :\ and i don't think my mom would be too proud of me spending hard earned money on a stuffed animal.

Does anyone else like that store? I have been recently because my sister went there for my birthday. I feel like it used to be better bbut i think that may be because i was younger. It just seems like 7 years ago it has much more of a selection (im 16).

I'm not a B or DL for that matter (i feel like a broken record i should just put that in my sig) but I really am comforted when I hold a stuffy. I feel like this is a little embarasing to my real life friends but sometimes a plushie helps me with my insomnia...along with the pills. Does that mean i regress?!

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Last week me and my dad helped his friend move and we both got 90 bucks each for it. Anyways I spent nearly 20 of mine on Rum. :p

The point of that is spend your money for exactly what it is, your money. Though it can't hurt to save some percentage of it. Also I didn't blow all off it away on rum or alcohol either, spread your money around to the best possible extent.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I love build a bear x.x I have I think 5 bears now from them. And I agree on the overpriced part, they are, but they're so worth it!

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
That store is amazing. I haven't been there since I was 14, but I'd love to go again this summer! The animals there are very cute and cuddly, and the clothes for them are well made. The whole "you make the animal, you name it, you decide what it will be etc etc" is the coolest part in my opinion.

I am the proud creator of two animals: Johann - my white teddy with blue highlights, and Rascal - my tree frog.

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It is really fun for little kids to go there and customize their own plushie. they do have new styles from time to time! So go more than once and introduce yourself to new animals that you might learn to love. :) If you're a *B then you can enjoy doubly.

Clothing is good too. You can dress your plushie almost as stylish as you dress yourself.

Role
Private
eh personally i dont think the clothes are worth it :] but if your into it i respect that. I still love the plushies

my girlfriend makes stuffed animals w/ her sewing machine!o.o i wonder if she can make me a L plushie (from deathnote)

oh and pojo when i was there i was actually looking for the cow...i cant find it T__T I regognized your cow from an old cattalog when i first saw it (photographic memory)

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I have a hello kitty from build a bear. I was going to give it to a family member for a holiday but then was told she'd be a little too old for it probably.

It wasn't cheap so I just kept it. now it's just sitting in my house. It's cute at least.

B

Butterfly Mage

My only real gripe with Build-a-Bear (other than the price) is that the teddy bears all come out kinda skinny. I think it's bettee when teddy bears are really chubby :)

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
My only real gripe with Build-a-Bear (other than the price) is that the teddy bears all come out kinda skinny. I think it's bettee when teddy bears are really chubby :)
You can put at much stuffing as you want in there

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
XD
From the one time I've been there, I think it's pretty nice. My younger sister wanted to get a plushie from there as a souvenir for a vacation we took a couple years ago, and I somehow managed to talk my parents into taking me along. Got a bunny. n-n

James

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I want to go there, i've only been once. The closest is in memphis :( 30 min drive

I really hope we get one here soon!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I don't really like build-a-bear... their animals are small and overpriced. They used to have some cool stuff like 5 years ago... but not anymore.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
Not valid, unless there's a Build A Ninja Workshop. With 22 different katana styles, 17 shuriken, and a free 30-day supply of smokescreen powder.

Ehh, I've thought about Build-A-Bear but I'm not AB/DL enough to want to go there and actually put one together. Plus it looks kind of silly unless I have my 10-year-old sister along for the ride.

--Danny :ninja:

Icey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little, Carer
I love that place, my 3 girls are from there; Bubblegum, Gumdrop, & Buttercup!! Pic.'s of them are in my profile album if you want to see them!!

If you want, check out eBay & you can get them unstuffed, then if they still have the ear tag still on it, you can carry it into a Build a Bear & get it stuffed for free!! Also you can make out a "birth certificate" for your new plushie!! I think that is a cute part of the whole Build a Bear experience!! Plus they have clothes for them too, even baby ones!!

kenshi

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
When I was 12 my family went on a vacation to Disneyland for a few days and in Downtown Disney there was a Build-a-Bear workshop there. It took me a while but I managed to coax my mom into letting me get one. I still sleep with him a lot. Check out my pictures in the gallery to see him. He is one of my most favorite things in the world.

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
My wife and daughter took me there for my 40th birthday. They put the "I'm the birthday bear" sticker on me with a big "I'm 40" while I was making my bear.

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I feel like it used to be better bbut i think that may be because i was younger. It just seems like 7 years ago it has much more of a selection (im 16).
No you're completely right. Last time I went I was 13, which was also 7 years ago. And It was so much better the clothing selection was great, they gave you stars to wish on instead of putting a heart in them. I got a kitty but you can't find that cat in stores anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.