British Kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Before I start: Avery already mentioned the British phenomenon of "chavs" - those are, basically, uneducated young people of British origin who feel the need to go around and insult or attack people for no reason at all. Needless to say that they only go around in groups (they'd probably piss themselves out of fear when alone), have no education, job, life or any hope to ever get any of those things, and they always end up with the fat, ugly and uneducated female sluts as a wife.
Don't you get them in every country? I know there are plenty like that here.

anna s

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Before I start: Avery already mentioned the British phenomenon of "chavs" - those are, basically, uneducated young people of British origin who feel the need to go around and insult or attack people for no reason at all. Needless to say that they only go around in groups (they'd probably piss themselves out of fear when alone), have no education, job, life or any hope to ever get any of those things, and they always end up with the fat, ugly and uneducated female sluts as a wife.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way:

1. I don't think foul language is used more or less often than in the U.S. It may be used more often in public, but people here don't seem to be concerned about that too much. At least we in Europe don't block out swear words on TV with a "beep".

2. Yes, we have game rating systems. Of course those are useless when your parents buy the games for you and don't give a rat's flip side about ratings or what the game may to do your mental stability.

3. That's easy to answer: George W. Bush and the "War on Terrorism". Your government has managed to eradicate the high respect Europeans used to have for the U.S. Even though the problem is your governement and not the people, it's hard to avoid that the anger towards your government does not turn into anger towards Americans.

Other than that, the Brits are quite known around here for being very aggressive. They're infamous for their football (soccer) hooligans, and the general attitude towards violent or forceful behavior in public is a bit different over there. And let's not get into binge drinking (which - hopefully - does not apply to the kids playing computer games).

Peachy
Being a "former" British kid, Ive got to agree with Peachy about the Chav culture. These kids have no respect at all for any person or their property. Believe me not all of us are like that. Things over here have seemed to get totally out of hand over the last few years.

As for Soccer hooligans, that was generally stamped out over here at the end of the 80's start of the 90's, with the exception of international games and a few lower league teams. I think the Italians and Turks have become alot worse than us. But there does seem to be a very stupid mentality with the football fans when playing in europe, which I feel embarrassed and
ashamed at. Anyway, all of the hooliganism seems only to be confined to football (soccer). In other sports like Rugby and cricket, when the fans travel overseas there isnt no hooligan trouble at all.

Over all, the general state of things here is very disapointing indeed.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
1. Kids will ask their parents for the games. They they will. No matter what it is.
2. Swearing here is pretty OTT. I have said a couple in IRC and no-one knew what I said.
3. Nothing to put there
4. Posted the post.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
and speaking of assholes you might want to just ignore darksun when he does that. he seems to think it's fun to jump all over people for no reason; he's done it a few times now. it gets pretty tiresome.
I've said it before, and I'll say it one last time, if you don't want me to do this, AKA understand your point, type your threads correctly.

As for the stereotypical 'aggressive' behavior of Brits, I wouldn't know but at least they don't have Bush as president. =P
If it weren't for Brits, Canada wouldn't be as good as it is now. XD

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
1.is using foul language more culturally acceptable?

2.Does the game rating system exists over there and if so why are 7-10 years old playing teen to mature to ao games?

3.why is it that these young kids seem to holster such a hatred toward americans.
1. In chav culture, yes! You hear 5 year olds coming out with terrible stuff... It's bad parenting! And kids might not always swear in real life, but on xbox live you can swear all you like with little consequence... you can't exactly give them crack can you?

2. There are ranking systems, but cares? It's not like chav parents are saying "You can't play that, it's not suitable".

3. British people hate Americans. Well not really, but yeah. There's always tossers who are going to be especially annoying just for you.

And it's not racist... it's just observation. A lot of young British people, especially the ones playing on games they probably shouldn't be, are little sh*ts.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I remember my brother going on xbox live at someone's house and they were talking to some US kids. And he was probably swearing a lot himself. He hangs around with the 'antisocials' while Not a complete chav. But enough to influence bad behaviour and attitude that would match up to the criteria of a chav.

Anyway, this conversation turned on about how these US kids were saying how bad the UK is. And how bad our teeth is (man how old is that?) and how fat we were becoming. I mean, the second point was really not a good point to argument. And it turned into a a little argument. But hay, you can say what every you want, as someone posted earlier, there is very little consequence. Got kicked from the server? Go Join another! Its just another playground with no rules.

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I know what you are talking about with jumping on you for being in the u.s. I have had little like 6 years olds give me crap while playing t rated games. It makes no sense. But allot of people give you crap for living in the U.S. on online games.

Role
Diaper Lover
Very intresting topic indeed. I do think that in overall, many gamers do tend to have a bad mouth and use very colorful language. Still, I don't beleive that it's generally the British kids themselves, but in general, a good proportion of gamers. One thing I have noticed around gamers is that there is a hightened sense of homophobia as well, for everyone around the world. Now, even though I have not grasped other gamers around the world veiws or actually played them, but I notice that what they say can truly be offensive.

Here's one case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6alOnuN-wCY

I do not hope I disrupted the conversation; just wanted to share my veiws on gamer's mouths.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
*someone gets killed online*
"You mother****ing c**t! I shot you first!"
"haha You should be quicker"
"I'll ****ing kill you myself you wanker"
"Whatever dude"
"I'm gonna ****ing kill you!!!"

Yep. Heard it all before. I sometimes have bad tempers on games but at time when I get killed on line I just think oh well. It's all for a laugh.

But if they cheat then I get annoyed then change server.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
lol, I have a foul temper when I'm playing games, but I scream profanities at the game itself rather than my opponent.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
As for Soccer hooligans, that was generally stamped out over here at the end of the 80's start of the 90's, with the exception of international games and a few lower league teams.
Well, I grew up around a fair amount of British army bases. Granted, army people are bad, but the places where the Brits went to were avoided like the plague by the Germans because of all the violence and fights in there. So there's seems to be a different attitude towards violence in Britain, and the football hooligans were just about the only group I could think of off the top of my head without explaining it in detail. :p But for the army folks, there's the military police. They don't ask questions. They knock them out and cart them off in big trucks.

Don't you get them in every country? I know there are plenty like that here.
We don't, at least not everywhere in the country. We do have people just like chavs, but they are not German. They are of Turkish origin. That's why I included that the British chavs are actually British. It's home-made problem, not an imported one like ours.

Peachy

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
lol, I have a foul temper when I'm playing games, but I scream profanities at the game itself rather than my opponent.
I always get killed on Gunz, I just type 'damn' or whatever, doesn't really matter. >.>

babymikey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Other
no i honestly have to say i live in america its a great country but the ppl that run it are idiots america is trying to police the world and its not gonna happen i hate to say it but one day america will no longer be america its gonna be some crazy bushman name lol with 30 u's 12 i's and 1500 clicks so i have to say i sorta agree with europe all tho there hating all americans its not all americans its the stupid ppl that run this country yes im american im glad to be american but the politcal system is corrupt

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
no i honestly have to say i live in america its a great country but the ppl that run it are idiots america is trying to police the world and its not gonna happen i hate to say it but one day america will no longer be america its gonna be some crazy bushman name lol with 30 u's 12 i's and 1500 clicks so i have to say i sorta agree with europe all tho there hating all americans its not all americans its the stupid ppl that run this country yes im american im glad to be american but the politcal system is corrupt
.____O

Off-topic.

babymikey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Other
Dude... relax. If you don't like what they are saying then don't listen. Getting your knickers in a knot over something so trivial just isn't worth it.

So to answer your question, yes, in some parts swearing is more culturally accepted. As a result, young kids pick up curse words early (I know I did) and because of their lack of understanding of what using those words actually do to people, they "act cool" by saying them a lot.
finnaly some body that knows wat there talking about:educate:

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i defintitely think that profanity is more socially acceptable in britain than it is in the US, especially for kids.

and i definitely observed firsthand when i was over there that chavs will heckle you for no reason when you're just walking down the street minding your own business.

it's not racism -- it's just a cultural difference. something about being brought up in british culture influences a lot of people to take pleasure in being sadistic assholes. i'm just sayin' is all.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way:

1. I don't think foul language is used more or less often than in the U.S. It may be used more often in public, but people here don't seem to be concerned about that too much. At least we in Europe don't block out swear words on TV with a "beep".

2. Yes, we have game rating systems. Of course those are useless when your parents buy the games for you and don't give a rat's flip side about ratings or what the game may to do your mental stability.

3. That's easy to answer: George W. Bush and the "War on Terrorism". Your government has managed to eradicate the high respect Europeans used to have for the U.S. Even though the problem is your governement and not the people, it's hard to avoid that the anger towards your government does not turn into anger towards Americans.

Other than that, the Brits are quite known around here for being very aggressive. They're infamous for their football (soccer) hooligans, and the general attitude towards violent or forceful behavior in public is a bit different over there. And let's not get into binge drinking (which - hopefully - does not apply to the kids playing computer games).

Peachy
First hand is me telling you that you're right.
http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/toys/glaSurvivalGame.html
This is why we're not a tourist-based country. The way the Scottish are brought up... it's a defense thing - if we think we're being threatened, or offended, we'll bloody well act on it. My friend, in primary [first] school was bullied by a kid - who is now a ned (non-educated deliquent or 'chav') - who's father told him to bully kids he didn't like.
The swearing kinda ties in. Being brought up to be defensive, makes us offensive in the process. You can't defend without offending someone in some way - it just so happens that most of us use foul language to convey our anger... as well as the occasional few "young teams" who will also try to take your head off with a Buckfast bottle. It's progressed to the that you wouldn't even dare to look at someone for "looking at them the wrong way!"
So yes - a large percentage of us are arseholes (Not me - unless you think I am!). But let's face it, if we were all the same.... god, scotland would be Earth's local scrap yard! (yeah, full of drunks living off the dole with their slutty wives!)
But There is no need for generalisations.
I've met a lot of americans online who's attitudes really stink towards the brits, and sometimes everyone, and yet when I was in America, a lot of them were more friendly than anyone I've ever met here - regardless of the fact that George 'Dubya' hasn't the slightest bloody clue.

You don't judge a book by it's cover, so don't judge an entire country by the occasional muppet you meet from it.

Role
Diaper Lover
I get PISSED in TF2 but I don't really swear, I just yell FRONT STAB! over mic, and bang on my desk swearing is stupid unless you uber charge pissed.

Whats wrong with the war on terror, why so much bush hate? I might get Savage, but I don't think it would be worth it until I get better internet, maybe I'll borrow Savage 1 from the pirate bay.

I commented his Video, my names Kjfeasc. Thoughts?

Last edited:

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I recently got an earful from a couple of british kids on Halo 3 (and wow did I learn a ton about how to scream insults and racial/sexual slurs at 90 words per minute with a heavy cockney accent). Like them, I might've had some qualms with their country. Unlike them, I was willing to admit to myself that I hadn't done any research whatsoever on their problems, so I elected to just not say any thing instead of sounding like an absolute moron to them.

On that note, I am only 16, but I have an incredibly deep voice, deeper than most adults have. So, I can easily pass myself off as a twenty-some year old.

Role
Diaper Lover
I have a fairly deep voice too, someone said puberty hit me like a bitch.

Can't wait for Live and Halo3 if I can ever get better internet!

Edit: Deja Vu!

Last edited:

Sickness

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Whats wrong with the war on terror, why so much bush hate? I might get Savage, but I don't think it would be worth it until I get better internet, maybe I'll borrow Savage 1 from the pirate bay.

I commented his Video, my names Kjfeasc. Thoughts?
The war on terror is like a crusade. It won't work. Killing and or capturing all the terrorists won't due any good. Since people can do this thing called "thinking" someone will inevitably try again. Bush had other reasons for going over there. Oil IS one of them. Yeah Saddam was evil but we have other crap we should be doing like fixing the problems here. Also wtf happened to Bin Lardass? Its been 6 years... we should have caught him by now. Bush is an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.