British Kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I don't know how many of you play xbox live. If you are ever at the disadvantage to get on in the early morning when the the younger british/english/whatever kids are on.

Now i have nothing against them for where there are from, But why is it that they use language that could make a sailor vomit. I am not making generalizations either it is every kid that i have come across. I have a couple questions for anyone from that general vicinity.

Is that kind of language more culturally accepted over there?

Now i don't know how the rating system works over yonder but why are 7-10 years olds playing t-m rated games?

Then theres something else The minute you talk they jump on your ass about being from america is hate taught to them that early or is it something they just pick up along the way?

So those are my fews questions as i know we have a rather large european base and was looking for some insight on some things that have been bothering me for awhile.:confused:

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What you're doing there is racism. The United States are way worse in terms of education than England.

And yes, what you're doing is generalization. Instead of saying 'British kids', you could simply have just said 'Kids I play against in the morning' or whatever.

Your grammar isn't perfect either, by the way.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Where did i even say anything about education? please do point out. What i am asking is the questions listed above and as you are not part of the questions i am asking judging by your location after this you kindly be ignored in this thread.(or if you decide to actually contribute to the conversation) and asking a question based on geographic location has nothing to with with race.

And yes, what you're doing is generalization. Instead of saying 'British kids', you could simply have just said 'Kids I play against in the morning' or whatever.

Your grammar isn't perfect either, by the way.
I never mentioned grammar so please re read before posting such harsh critism(again) And when i say british kids i mean when you ask them where there are from 95% say britain thats why i included general vicinity. And it would only be a generalization is all the kid werent this way i say they all are without generalizing. so please unless you care to answer any of my question please refrain.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
There exist no different human races on Earth, we are all equal, and I have the right to contribute to this thread by protecting the rights of English children who are obviously less educated than what you are supposed to be.

D4L said:
Is that kind of language more culturally accepted over there?
I don't see why I couldn't, for example, speak French, Spanish or Japanese here. Whatever "language" they are speaking, if you have a problem with it, then ignore it and don't make a fuss about it.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
DarkSunDS, it isn't racist.

D4L, by language that could make a sailor vomit do you mean foul language? rofl, if you think the poms are bad wait till you see how alot of aussies speak. As for them givin you shit about being american, I think you'll find that people from most countries like to tease people from other places. Like makin fun of poms or kiwis or americans etc... It's not necissarily meant to be a nasty act in most cases just playful shit stirring.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
DarkSunDS, it isn't racist.

D4L, by language that could make a sailor vomit do you mean foul language? rofl, if you think the poms are bad wait till you see how alot of aussies speak. As for them givin you shit about beng american, I think you'll find that people from most countries like to tease people from other places. Like makin fun of poms or kiwis or americans etc... It's not necissarily meant to be a nasty act in most cases just playful shit stirring.
yes that is what i meant tigger. Some of the stuff they say though is it more culturally acceptable i mean these kids are ive seen as low as 7 talking cussing like a sailor on the chat. Now is it more CULTURALLY acceptable in that area is my question?

But darksun has been far to fast to post critism in my threads lately.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I haven't gotten too far, you're just mad at me because I'm pissing you off.

And as I said earlier, if they speak 'a language that would make a sailor vomit', SO WHAT? It's a f*cking game, you don't need to speak at the same time, especially if you don't know them and if they're kids. Though I agree they're irritating, you don't need to complain about it, there are much worse stuff happening in the world than them.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
I haven't gotten too far, you're just mad at me because I'm pissing you off.

And as I said earlier, if they speak 'a language that would make a sailor vomit', SO WHAT? It's a f*cking game, you don't need to speak at the same time, especially if you don't know them and if they're kids. Though I agree they're irritating, you don't need to complain about it, there are much worse stuff happening in the world than them.
Wow do you read what i post AT ALL? i said you are quick to post critism(NEVER EVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TOO FAR) of my threads want proof look at the way you overeacted to my free box live thread. I KNOW there are worse things in the world and you are tip toeing around my questions to turn them into something there are not so please stay out of this thread unless you want to contribute something usefull. And if you read i am not complaining i am asking questions.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
By telling me to keep out, you're kinda influencing me to keep posting. Maybe I criticized your thread too early, but it's mostly because I didn't understand sh*t of the first post, because of your spelling and confusing grammar. I hate pointing out this kind of stuff, but it's very confusing, especially considering that my native language is not English. Also, you are avoiding answering to my posts when I'm telling you to simply ignore these kids.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
By telling me to keep out, you're kinda influencing me to keep posting. Maybe I criticized your thread too early, but it's mostly because I didn't understand sh*t of the first post, because of your spelling and confusing grammar. I hate pointing out this kind of stuff, but it's very confusing, especially considering that my native language is not English. Also, you are avoiding answering to my posts when I'm telling you to simply ignore these kids.
if you didnt understand it WHY did you jump on my *** like that? I did not tell you to keep out i told you to please post something pertaining to the questions i asked(which you have yet to do) so please stop misinterpreting my posts.

EDIT:actually i adressed what you said if you missed it please go back and re read.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
D4L said:
so please stay out of this thread unless you want to contribute something usefull
I am 'jumping on your [censored word]' because you're provoking me by cursing, telling me to keep out, avoiding answering once again to my posts telling you to ignore these kids if they disturb you (or play Xbox Live later... duh) and so on.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
to the above quote dont bold a certian part to fit your needs please take the quote as a whole.

I tell you i adressed you posts already I am not complaining about the way the talk i am question culture over in that area of the world i never told you to keep out I simply requested that you post something pertaining to the discussion at hand WHICH you still have as yet not so please find a way to comprehend what i am asking i do not wish to argue with you. And if you proceed to turn this thread into what it is not i will simply skip your posts in this thread as i advise you to do if you do not agree with my points.

F

FullMetal

Both of you have to stop right now since this is really getting out of hand and a fight will only end bad. If you guys can not get back on topic then ask an Admin or Mod to close this thread because its only making both of you fight, and in all honesty, you can do that all you want in PMs.

FullMetal

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have the right not to agree with your opinion. If your first post is so confusing that I'm mistaking it for racism, then why don't you just explain it? That would have solved many pointless arguments that I could continue formulating forever if I could type in French. Perhaps it would be smarter to consider my comments and questions with a more neutral and calm point of view so you can adapt your answers.

I never intended to start this argument, and I would never have if I understood 'correctly' the first post.

Role
Private
Dude... relax. If you don't like what they are saying then don't listen. Getting your knickers in a knot over something so trivial just isn't worth it.

So to answer your question, yes, in some parts swearing is more culturally accepted. As a result, young kids pick up curse words early (I know I did) and because of their lack of understanding of what using those words actually do to people, they "act cool" by saying them a lot.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
I have the right not to agree with your opinion. If your first post is so confusing that I'm mistaking it for racism, then why don't you just explain it? That would have solved many pointless arguments that I could continue formulating forever if I could type in French. Perhaps it would be smarter to consider my comments and questions with a more neutral and calm point of view so you can adapt your answers.

I never intended to start this argument, and I would never have if I understood 'correctly' the first post.
Fine let me break it down for you i posted a few questions specifically asking for european answers if you cant understand that allow me to clear it up:

1.is using foul language more culturally acceptable?

2.Does the game rating system exists over there and if so why are 7-10 years old playing teen to mature to ao games?

3.why is it that these young kids seem to holster such a hatred toward americans.

Clear enough?

So to answer your question, yes, in some parts swearing is more culturally accepted. As a result, young kids pick up curse words early (I know I did) and because of their lack of understanding of what using those words actually do to people, they "act cool" by saying them a lot.
Thank you lukie.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
1. I'm sure they just think cursing is cool. All kids think they're cool. Which is why I hate kids.

2. So what? I'm fourteen, M-rated games are only for 17+ year-olds and I preordered No More Heroes. If their parents bought them M-rated games, blame it on the parents.

3. Because they seem to feel the sudden urge to insult anyone they don't like at first glance.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i defintitely think that profanity is more socially acceptable in britain than it is in the US, especially for kids. my parents swear like pirate mutineers but they still tried to keep my sister and me from picking up swearwords until we were at least 12 or 13.

it's also been my observation that there's something in the water in the UK or something that turns a large proportion of them into total assholes. i've heard stories about the bullying that goes on in british schools that make american schools sound like kingdom come. and i definitely observed firsthand when i was over there that chavs will heckle you for no reason when you're just walking down the street minding your own business.

it's not racism -- it's just a cultural difference. something about being brought up in british culture influences a lot of people to take pleasure in being sadistic assholes. i'm just sayin' is all.

and speaking of assholes, you might want to just ignore darksun when he does that. he seems to think it's fun to jump all over people for no reason; he's done it a few times now. it gets pretty tiresome.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
thanks for that insight avery i would rep but it seems i cant give out positive rep atm so thanks for the insight though.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
1.is using foul language more culturally acceptable?

2.Does the game rating system exists over there and if so why are 7-10 years old playing teen to mature to ao games?

3.why is it that these young kids seem to holster such a hatred toward americans.
Before I start: Avery already mentioned the British phenomenon of "chavs" - those are, basically, uneducated young people of British origin who feel the need to go around and insult or attack people for no reason at all. Needless to say that they only go around in groups (they'd probably piss themselves out of fear when alone), have no education, job, life or any hope to ever get any of those things, and they always end up with the fat, ugly and uneducated female sluts as a wife.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way:

1. I don't think foul language is used more or less often than in the U.S. It may be used more often in public, but people here don't seem to be concerned about that too much. At least we in Europe don't block out swear words on TV with a "beep".

2. Yes, we have game rating systems. Of course those are useless when your parents buy the games for you and don't give a rat's flip side about ratings or what the game may to do your mental stability.

3. That's easy to answer: George W. Bush and the "War on Terrorism". Your government has managed to eradicate the high respect Europeans used to have for the U.S. Even though the problem is your governement and not the people, it's hard to avoid that the anger towards your government does not turn into anger towards Americans.

Other than that, the Brits are quite known around here for being very aggressive. They're infamous for their football (soccer) hooligans, and the general attitude towards violent or forceful behavior in public is a bit different over there. And let's not get into binge drinking (which - hopefully - does not apply to the kids playing computer games).

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.