Brett Favre out of retirement again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It has again been announced by ESPN that Brett Favre is on his way to Minnesota to play with the Vikings this year. I hope that it all works out for him and he doesn't get hurt in the process.

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
madden.jpg

BRETT FARVE !!!

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Well, I'm a Vikings fan, so this is good news for me...I mean, he CAN'T be any worse than Sage Rosenfels or Tarvaris Jackson, right?

On the other hand, it's pretty silly...both the Vikings and Favre said that they had moved on and I know I thought it was over 3 weeks ago.

But for NFL fans, you have to admit it's at least interesting.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm so tired of seeing his half-shaven, age-swollen face stuffed behind a different colored helmet every year.

Seriously, Brett, just shoot the fucking horse in its head already. Your semi-senile back-and-forth inability to let football fade away has ruined the dream careers of younger, more spry, more passionate quarterbacks than yourself.

There's two things that make me hate football, even though I love it: John Madden and Brett Favre. I thought I got rid of both of them this year. Appears I was wrong. One of them can just skip training camp if they feel like it, 'cause they're a superstar awesome-a power quarterback!

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Can they make a rule that any team signing Brett Farve has to change their name to his?

The Minnesota Brett Farves!

I'm so sick of seeing this guy's face all over the news. There are more important things to discuss.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Screw Bret! I'm getting sick of all this crap.

"I'm gonna retire"

"No, i'm gonna play for the Jets."

"I'm gonna retire."

"No, i'm gonna play for the Vikings."

thedlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I cant believe that Farve is in MN, what are the vikings thinking. Look at Farve's record with the Jets. I mean its time for him to RETIRE!!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It's getting to where Brett is almost as old as I am, and I at least made the decision this year to not play in the NFL!

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I cant believe that Farve is in MN, what are the vikings thinking. Look at Farve's record with the Jets. I mean its time for him to RETIRE!!

One thing that just came to mind is that when he decided to come out of retirement but didn't know what team he was going for the list was:

Packers
Vikings
Jets
Buccaneers

So I can only hope that this is his last season because I really don't want to see him in Tampa.

S

secretdl26

As a Minnesotan I must say this:

Vikings - Favre = Suck
Vikings + Favre = Still Suck

Twins + Target Field = Not the greatest (but very fan-postive, fun to watch) team, but the greatest field ever.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I was a bit surprised when I saw this on TV today at work as they had ESPN on at the bar- where I work is a restaurant with a bar, and I couldn't believe it cause last I had heard he said he was not coming back to the NFL. UGH.

Not sure at ALL what to make of this whole development as a life-long football fan and someone who had respected Farve especially after he got his first Super Bowl ring.

What is he smoking? I wonder if he's dipping into the peyote. LOL.

WildThing121675

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur

secretdl26 said:
Vikings - Favre = Suck

Vikings + Favre = Still Suck

Do you honestly think that Brett Favre will be worse than Sage Rosenfels or Tarvaris Jackson? Yes, I know he's old and might have a shoulder injury, and yes, this whole thing does create a media circus and drama...but still...those other two are kind of jokes of quarterbacks.

And secretdl...I would say "suck" is a very strong word for the Vikings, with or without Favre.

They have arguably the best run defense in the NFL, overall probably one of the best total defenses in the NFL, arguably the greatest running back in the NFL (and not a bad back up running back), a solid set of receivers, and decent special teams.

Don't forget that last year they won the NFC North. And even though they lost in the first round of the playoffs, that was with Tarvaris Jackson at QB. Besides, the Eagles then went on to beat the Giants and almost the Cardinals.

Yes, this has the potential to blow up in the Vikings faces, and it's possible that it will cause them to have a bad season. However, while I don't think that the Vikings are now the best team in the NFC (like some commentators have said), I think that on paper they're definitely the best in the NFC North now.

S

secretdl26

I get that "suck" is a strong word. To me it seems as though the Vikings have never reached their full potential despite all the changes made, and that the change of adding Favre won't do anything, just like previous changes.

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I see what you're saying about the potential...but you have to admit that the changes that were made have been improvements, too. Peterson alone made a huge difference his first year. Then last year the change of adding Jared Allen helped them to take the division. And the thing is...overall, quarterback is the most important position in football...it's hard to be a great team without a good quarterback, and the Vikings haven't had one ever since Culpepper got hurt all those years ago.

So yeah, the pressure is definitely on for them. But I don't think that adding Favre will do nothing...it really is an improvement. And since they were the 3 seed last year in the playoffs...if they improve, that's pretty high up there.

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I'n not a Vikings or Packer fan. But, I am a Brett Favre fan. (Ole #4)!!

I think that Favre will help the Vikings offense. If their defense remains #1 in the NFC like it was last year they have a better than good chance of making it to the NFC Championship game or even, perhaps, the Super Bowl. That's if he stays heathy and isn't injured.

I think we all can expect the Vikings to be contenders this season.

K

kj83

omg. if i hear about stupid brett favre again i'm gonna puke! this guy is sooooo strapped for attention, seriously! why not just go out the first time and retire a legend. instead, he's gonna now leave the NFL as "that guy" that no one really wanted, but kinda felt sorry for. Like the last kid to get picked for kickball. SOOOOOOOO tired of it!

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
Okay, lets start this.

I am a Redskins and a Bills fan (70-30 Redskins) so this doesn't concern me at least until the Redskins and the Vikings go to the playoffs.

Brett Favre has been in the NFL for the past 19 seasons (1991-present), earning 2 Super Bowl appearances (XXXI, XXXII) , one Super Bowl victory (XXXI), 3 AP NFL MVP (1995-97), many Pro Bowl appearances and many NFL records (TDs, QB starts, yards thrown, interceptions). Although it is now a summer drama seeing Brett Favre retire, unretire and reretire in January, he just wants to play the game and sometimes his 39 year body affects that decision. The main reason that Minnesota took this initiative is because with a sufficient run and pass defense, decent receivers, and probably the best RB in the league (Adrian Peterson), the QB position is the only position that the Vikings needed to meet to become contenders in January. The Vikings won the NFC North due to the play of veteran backup QB Gus Frerotte and Adrian Peterson. Now that Frerotte is a free agent and QB Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels (who was a good backup when playing with Houston) can't prove themselves as sufficient regular season starters, Favre was the needed piece to the crazy puzzle in the Minnesota Vikings. With Jay Cutler, Aaron Rodgers and 1st overall pick Matthew Stafford in the same division, Favre can show that competition. And if Favre reretires for the third time at the end of the season, Minnesota can always draft a QB since Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow could declare for the NFL Draft after completing their senior years.

M

Matrix Blade

Here's my opinion:

Do I like Brett Favre: Yep

Do I think he'll do good this year: More than likely (unless he completely tears that rotator cuff)

Am I tired of nothing but Brett Favre on ESPN, NFL Network, and every other sports show:YESSSSS (That's why I actually enjoyed OchoCinco kicking; it's something else to talk about.)

Basically, the Vikings will make the playoffs and go very deep in. They should have one of the top offenses in the league because defenses can't concentrate on one aspect of the game completely (They stack the box, they'll pass. They bring in Nickel and dime backs, the hand off to AP).

Despite all this, the Vikings won't win it all. Yet, what really sucks is that if they don't in this year, they won't win for a while. A lot of this will have to do with Percy Harvin's off the field problems.

This is just my prediction. I'm not a fan of any 1 team in the league, though. Regardless, this is prolly his last year in the league.

Minnesota can always draft a QB since Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow could declare for the NFL Draft after completing their senior years.

This is very likely, especially if the HC is fired. But actually, it would be better if they took Jevan Snead, Ole Miss's QB (if he comes out early and is available).

Anyways, that's my :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.