Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Why have people been against boys playing with dolls.

GI Joe is no different the Ken and Barbie. But they call him an action figure.

I don't think that any toy should be gender based. We should let boys play with dolls if that is something that doesn't bother them. Same for girls playing with boys toys.

mistysummers

Transage little sissy who want to marry Fluttershy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
  2. Little
  3. Other
i played with dolls.......still do to this day.
i still even sleep with stuffed toys

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I agree. Why should a girl not be allowed to play with a hammer and saw or a boy with a toy oven? (Always wondered about the oven thing - seems to me most of the major chefs you hear about are males!)

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
i played with dolls.......still do to this day.
i still even sleep with stuffed toys

I still sleep with a Teddy bear and you can see my age.:smile1:

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. Why should a girl not be allowed to play with a hammer and saw or a boy with a toy oven? (Always wondered about the oven thing - seems to me most of the major chefs you hear about are males!)

There are women who do work in the construction industry . I played with my sisters Easy bake Oven, I even played dolls with her. My Dad was a master Chef. Food service was to nerve racking for me.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent

I don't think that any toy should be gender based. We should let boys play with dolls if that is something that doesn't bother them. Same for girls playing with boys toys.

I myself sleep every night with a "Baby Doll".

I also have a whole squad of 12' G.I. Joe "testosterone-dripping" "Boy's Dolls" complete with "to scale" firepower.:)

I also have many plush animals too...

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I myself sleep every night with a "Baby Doll".

I also have a whole squad of 12' G.I. Joe "testosterone-dripping" "Boy's Dolls" complete with "to scale" firepower.:)

I also have many plush animals too...

Yep GI Joe's are boys dolls.

My Teddy Bear I sleep with is 13 years old now. Got him when I had open heart surgery, something to hold on to when I had to cough.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I sleep with a doll most every night lately, she is a life sized depiction of an 18+yo girl and she is "fully capable". So called "love dolls" are very popular and I'm a member on a forum about them as great as this diaper one. Many owners as me use them like teddy bears as sleep companions far more than as sex toys. Thats not quite in line with your intent but there are several parallels with dolls and society's attempts to enforce their "normal" upon it's members. I see so many parents claiming to to be politically correct gender neutral with their kids but still steering them into accepted gender roles. It is just too ingrained in to us to avoid. As we become old enough to discover our own path and as long as it is not self destructive or harmful to others we learn to ignore the outraged.
BTW, at age 4 I asked for and received a "Betsy Wetsy" doll for Christmas to see how girls could pee without the proper equipment, she was a disappointment and my parents were freaked out a bit.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I sleep with a doll most every night lately, she is a life sized depiction of an 18+yo girl and she is "fully capable". So called "love dolls" are very popular and I'm a member on a forum about them as great as this diaper one. Many owners as me use them like teddy bears as sleep companions far more than as sex toys. Thats not quite in line with your intent but there are several parallels with dolls and society's attempts to enforce their "normal" upon it's members. I see so many parents claiming to to be politically correct gender neutral with their kids but still steering them into accepted gender roles. It is just too ingrained in to us to avoid. As we become old enough to discover our own path and as long as it is not self destructive or harmful to others we learn to ignore the outraged.
BTW, at age 4 I asked for and received a "Betsy Wetsy" doll for Christmas to see how girls could pee without the proper equipment, she was a disappointment and my parents were freaked out a bit.

I remember Betsy Wetsy, Tiny Tears also had a model that wet. I'll stick with my downsized Teddy Bear. I have seen those Big Boy dolls before.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
When I was little, pre-school, my two cousins who lived across the street had a doll which they played with. It came with its own diaper, and I wanted the diaper more than the doll. I asked my mom for one but she wouldn't get it for me. Back in the day, male and female stereotypes were rigidly enforced and unfortunately, society still leans that way.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
When I was little, pre-school, my two cousins who lived across the street had a doll which they played with. It came with its own diaper, and I wanted the diaper more than the doll. I asked my mom for one but she wouldn't get it for me. Back in the day, male and female stereotypes were rigidly enforced and unfortunately, society still leans that way.

I think a lot of our parents wanted families like those of the Cleavers on Leave ot to Beaver or the Anderson's from Father knows Best. But real life is not like that.

Slut

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent

I don't know if they're still available, but they made an Easy Bake Oven for boys. The only difference was green frosting, or something silly like that. Because everyone knows boys eat boogers.

L

littlelodgewrecker

i'm a girl and i like to play with submarines.
is that Ok..... (sweet smile)

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other

Rigid gender roles, oppositional sexism, the patriarchy, etc, etc. We're slowly, slowly getting there, but it's sure taking a long time. From what I've seen, it looks like Sweden is probably the furthest along in getting rid of strict gender roles; a few things that have happened there lately are Toys 'R Us coming out with a more gender neutral catalogue, and even a school where male and female pronouns aren't used and the kids aren't harassed for playing with the 'wrong' toys.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent

When I was young, I myself played with my 2 girl cousins on my paternal grandma's side of the extended family. I remember feeling exceptionally happy, sitting with them & playing with them & all their dolls.:biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

i'm a girl and i like to play with submarines.
is that Ok..... (sweet smile)

Back in college, I knew a female student who was never into dolls.

She was into "STAR TREK", & AUTOMOBILE ENGINES...

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The coolest girl I knew in college drove a motorcycle, and was usually high on LSD while riding. There was a small group of us who hung out together. Most of us were gay, in same sex relations, except for this kid named Sebastian. He had long brown hair and looked like Jesus Christ. Needless to say, gender identity wasn't a card in our playing deck. We were the free spirits on campus, but at the same time, we made a name for ourselves.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
The coolest girl I knew in college drove a motorcycle, and was usually high on LSD while riding. There was a small group of us who hung out together. Most of us were gay, in same sex relations, except for this kid named Sebastian. He had long brown hair and looked like Jesus Christ. Needless to say, gender identity wasn't a card in our playing deck. We were the free spirits on campus, but at the same time, we made a name for ourselves.

Tried LSD back in the days, took a few years to get rid of the flash backs.Had some weird trips on that stuff.

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I wanted GI Joe and other action figures when I was young. My mom said, "Boys don't play with dolls." I remember I did eventually get one, but the fun just wasn't there. My sister wouldn't let me change her Barbie's clothes because I might see something. Duh! There was nothing there! Barbie and Ken had the same equipment, or lack thereof!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I wanted GI Joe and other action figures when I was young. My mom said, "Boys don't play with dolls." I remember I did eventually get one, but the fun just wasn't there. My sister wouldn't let me change her Barbie's clothes because I might see something. Duh! There was nothing there! Barbie and Ken had the same equipment, or lack thereof!

Both of our sons were big into G.I. Joe. They still have them, and I think my oldest may still collect them. One could certainly do worse. And yes, they only have those jointed leg joints under their clothes. Not too much excitement there!

ilostthesheriff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am drawn to dolls. Particularily ceramic gothic, over-painted, or clown-like dolls. The evocative and wistful nature grabs my attention immediately.

I don't own any or desire to but I think it's a child-hood reflection of my mother's display of antique relics that included a ceramic doll. I somehow feel comfortable seeing one.

I believe psychology would state that for men the idea of dolls would reflect their sexual propensity or desire for the female form even if mineaturized in scale or appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.