Bowel accidents while being urinary IC

caffelatte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Today was one of those days....

I woke up quite early with this weird feeling of insecurity. I do not know if you have experienced it too? Sometimes I wake up and I just feel super conscious of everything, somehow being afraid of the day ahead. Coming back to the day... It was a super busy day, a lot of important meetings. I barely managed to change my diaper after lunch (almost leaked 😢). Then during the trip home a little horror happened. I was stuck in a traffic jam that was caused by an accident on the highway. My stomach started to hurt. It happens from time to time.. Around 30 minutes, I started to feel pressure on my bowels. 15 minutes later I knew I'd lost. Minutes later, my bowels stopped cooperating, and my diaper was filled with quite loose poo. Tears streamed into my eyes... I was devastated. My mood was gone.
Now I'm in my bed crying...

Does it happen to you too? How do you deal with it?

Reactions: uknappygirl and Jorelaxed

Eclectic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Yes, this happens to me a lot, often with gut pain. Sometimes it's everyday, sometimes it's once a week. I've had IBS-D since I was a kid. There's nothing like a messy diaper that leaves you feeling helpless, and not in a pleasurable way.

Typically, I clean up as soon as possible, and if I have time and I am at home, I take a bath and get into a clean diaper and clean clothes. It can be demoralizing, but thank God for good diapers with high leak guards. Because of my frequent messy diapers, I have wanted to take chlorophyll tablets to reduce the smell, but haven't gone there yet. I do take in extra fiber, and although that reduces loose poo, I seem to be lately going through brief periods of constipation followed by excessive bowel movements.

I am urinary IC too, but yeah, my bowel urgency can be difficult to deal with. If I'm at home and having an IBS episode, I don't even put a diaper on, I just hang out near the bathroom for an hour or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: uknappygirl

joemama

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I rarely have these bouts. However, yesterday I was luckily working from home and not the office. I stood up and walked out of my office just fine with no pressure or pains. Figured I should use the bathroom as I try to do timed voiding. I made it to the door and got hit with, "right now" out of no where. Before I could shimmy my diaper down, it started to come out and I did not realize it. Got it all over my clothes, the toilet, floor, and just made a mess. Those events smell really bad too. Very frustrating trying to clean up my backside, while my front side is dripping all over the floor. Bad days come and go, but luckily it is not that often for me. Out bodies seem to do what they want, and that is not your/our fault. Try to keep that in mind. You are just addressing a problem with an adult solution.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I only get them occasionally and usually because I’ve had some food with gluten in as I have coeliacs ,
Last episode lasted nearly an hour going from firm to runny at the end and knackered me out physically and mentally
Oh the stink 🤢🤢

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
If I eat the wrong foods, it happens. Twice it has happened at home in the driveway after I rushed home. The last time, I was grimacing all the way home, while driving and concentrating to keep it from happening. I was able to hold it back while seated. But as soon as I got out of the truck, I knew that I was not going to make it. It's always a demoralizing event.

NannaAnnabelle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
  2. Incontinent
Eating incorrectly combined with my metformin usage has caused me to have my share of messy accidents. Not a pleasant feeling at all and I get stressed about the time spent and the effort to clean up.

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
When I took straight metformin, I just accepted that diarrhea was part of my "normal". But now that I am taking Janumet (Januvia + metformin), my doctor tells me that I shouldn't get diarrhea. But I see that 8% of users can still experience diarrhea from the janumet website.

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have had multiple days like those, some days my ibs will be a beast, others not too strong.

blissfullyquirky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I have IBS-D, and while it's not bad enough or frequent enough that I consider myself IC, I've had many accidents and close calls while out in public. IBS is not fun to deal with when you're away from home and not right by a toilet.

Most of the time I'll just stay home if I'm having an IBS episode, but if I have to go out I make sure to wear a diaper. I've had IBS accidents in a diaper and I've had IBS accidents where I pooped my pants, and I much prefer having a diaper on. While still frustrating, that's what diapers are for, and it's much easier to change a diaper then to clean up after an accident without one.

Reactions: Jorelaxed

Diaperman95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
All you can do is clean up and put a fresh diaper on. At this point is is just as much part of life as anything else. It does not make you feel better when you go #2 around people but dwelling on it only makes you feel worse. Just try to stay positive about having issues.

Reactions: joemama, greatlake5, Fleetwoodmac32192 and 2 others

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Diaperman95 said:
All you can do is clean up and put a fresh diaper on. At this point is is just as much part of life as anything else. It does not make you feel better when you go #2 around people but dwelling on it only makes you feel worse. Just try to stay positive about having issues.
Sometimes it's a killer. I've been IC since the beginning. It seems that most of us get used to it. You don't. Especially when you experience a BM accident. Even though it's a part of our lives. But...I try not to complain. Try to be positive. Having to wear a diaper doesn't define me.

Reactions: uknappygirl and slimjiminy

enthusi

Young at heart, slightly older in other places.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I also have some underlying bowel issues but I never really had accidents before my bladder control went bye-bye. These days once or twice a month I’ll have what I dub “gray accidents.” By that I mean I had to go poop and I planned to make it to a toilet but after a bit I just said “screw it, I’m wearing a diaper!” Besides I’ve gotten so quick at changing messy diapers it’s often faster that way.

Diaperman95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
greatlake5 said:
Sometimes it's a killer. I've been IC since the beginning. It seems that most of us get used to it. You don't. Especially when you experience a BM accident. Even though it's a part of our lives. But...I try not to complain. Try to be positive. Having to wear a diaper doesn't define me.
it is a tough row to hoe for sure. But we are all strong enough to survive. I do not let it define me either.

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Diaperman95 said:
it is a tough row to hoe for sure. But we are all strong enough to survive. I do not let it define me either.
Yeah, it certainly isn't fatal.

Reactions: Diaperman95

uknappygirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I can very much relate to the experiences you have all described. I have bowel issues which seem to be ok at the moment but I went through a difficult time a few months ago. It can be hard especially when, like last time, I didn’t really know what had caused it to flare up. As @Eclectic mentioned, I now have a supply of chlorophyll tablets which I haven’t started yet but I will if things flare up again. I hope you are all ok and can try to be positive as @greatlake5 says. Hugs. Xx