bought my first panties today.

tails1234

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My first order of panties arrived today. Man are they comfortable. the brand is Jockey and I'm really liking their "no panty line promise" briefs. however being new to the world of women's underwear, I also bought some of their "supersoft" briefs, both styles in size 6, and I feel like the supersoft's must be a size or two bigger than the NPLP. the NPLP is nylon, the Supesoft is modal. Does material make any difference in the general size of panties?

Reactions: oleman72 and Lyokodl
Congrats!! You never forget your first panties.

tails1234 said:
My first order of panties arrived today. Man are they comfortable. the brand is Jockey and I'm really liking their "no panty line promise" briefs. however being new to the world of women's underwear, I also bought some of their "supersoft" briefs, both styles in size 6, and I feel like the supersoft's must be a size or two bigger than the NPLP. the NPLP is nylon, the Supesoft is modal. Does material make any difference in the general size of panties?

Material and MANUFACTURE SIZING plays a great deal in comfort and fit of panties.
You have only begun to touch the surface of panty wear with your two types.
Get comfortable and browse the stock while in a department store (your location is unknown) but perhaps there is a Wal*Mart Target
of other store of such size to sample (view) the stock and compare it to what you have already purchased.
Using what you have take a tape measure and measure the amount of play the material and coverage allows you - don't have a tape
measure - use the span of your hand or something that you routinely carry with you maybe even a pen.
When I say get comfortable - realize that men shop the women's panty section of department stores and with the limited help hired
at these stores these days you are not going to find that help or even may not want to to avoid the embarrassment - such is the
element of internet/mail order shopping. Your first time shopping should be on the inexpensive side - something cheap getting the
right stuff until you have the measurement and fit down to buying the really expensive BIG GIRL stuff. In most cases underwear is NOT
returnable for refund or credit (check the fine print) !

Look at the micro fiber panties with seamless construction and two way stretch - these would offer the NVPL and be flexible to fit
under anything that you wear - again experimentation time and trial of fitting it all together will help make your decision.
Look on the back or front of the packaging for a size chart - learn what the size numbers represent and if there is a variable stretch
just how much that stretch is - learn how to use this stretchiness if you are between sizing to know if you need to go up or down a size.
Don't push the limits too much as you will reduce the longevity of the panty and your comfort level -
TOO tight and the panty will not last long and show tight contour (VPL) lines under some types of clothing -
TOO loose and London bridges failing down will leave France not holding up your fancy panties.

Victoria's Secret was my go to place after getting settled in for size fit and material - expensive YES but now the ordinary department
store stuff is working out fine. Sadly VS is not in good financial shape and may be gone soon. Skip the Fredericks of Hollywood or
fantasy novelty shops - better to do a custom eBay ETSY seller for that one time special gotta have exhibition exposure panty !
Your internet mail order shopping will still work and check out Amazon also - you don't have to give up or foreclose on the idea of
MEN WEARING PANTIES !

Like the shoe fits wear it -
If the panty fits enjoy and wear it - wear it well -
It is after all just clothing -
Some fit it better than others !

I remember the first time I bought Panties, before e-commerce. Hanes her way cotton briefs from Kmart in the ghetto. I figured it was a safe bet that No one I know would be there. So freakn nervous and scared going to the women’s section and picking out a 6 pack of panties, standing in line to pay, only white kid there, so obvious

Now I’ll walk right into a store and not think twice about it.

For cotton Jockey by far and yes super soft have more give in them than NPLP.
My drawer is filled with Vanity Fair Illumination Briefs/ High-Cut. Been wearing them for years and absolutely wouldn’t wear anything else. Nylon/ Spandex material. Kohls always has them at a great price 5/$35 + 30% off.

I’ve pretty much bought every brand, tried every style and size, I’ve consider myself a panty aficionado to the point when my wife needs new panties she asks me to buy them based off what she’s looking for. It’s been pretty hilarious.

My first panties were borrowed from my sister - orange nylon with lace. I’ll never forget them. My first purchased panties were white Cotton with a red ruffle on the butt. Unfortunately I got rid of them in a purge and now regret the loss.

Back