Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyWolfe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
As the title states, I bought a bottle of baby oil, for no real reason.

There's a local Dollar Store that is closing down, and everything was 25% off. So I jumped on some deals...

I bought a bottle of baby oil, Mineral Oil and GoodNites L/XL Boys. All this was around $10.00, not bad at all. I was sad they didn't have Girls GoodNites, but the boys aren't all that bad looking as I thought it would be. Also sad that they didn't have more bags of L/XL Goodnites, of either one. Oh well.... Oh and my god, the smell of freshly opened bag of GoodNites was so good... I wouldn't say creepy, but it was creepy at how long I was smelling it for. LOL :sweatdrop:

Anyway, back on topic...

I've searched Google and found quite a few uses for it, but just wondering what YOU have used baby oil for?

I know that a lot of the answers will be, "I spread it on me as it's intended purpose." So I'll also ask this... How much do you use and where?

I didn't know this until I read the label on the Mineral Oil, it's a laxative :SHOCKED: It's also apparently odorless and tasteless... I got curious and took a single small drop and tasted it and there was no taste at all. It had a slight smell, but nothing really bad, could have been the bottle or something... No I didn't take enough for it to become a laxative :smile:

I use baby oil gel on my legs after shaving. Helps retain the moisture and much less messy than regular baby oil :eek:

I believe baby oil is nothing more than mineral oil with some added scents.

It is, but baby oil is for external use only.

FluffyMastiff said:
It is, but baby oil is for external use only.

Yes, I should have said that those additives make it for external use only.

reddit skin care addiction lead me onto something I use it for now.

After showering and washing your face, or body in general, put baby oil on when you are done. This actually has helped me a lot with achene, it helps break down the oils that exist inside the pours, and since warm water opens the pours up, this acts a bit like a second wash.

I've been using it for several years, after my shower. I just feel so babyish when I put it on. I really like the smell as well.

Do you put it all over your body, or just select areas?

FluffyMastiff said:
Do you put it all over your body, or just select areas?

its great for all over in my opinion, except maybe my face (I've got enough other products for that!)

I've noticed that baby oil dissolves the adhesives that make up a diaper and make it fall apart. Does feel nice, though.

Before I had hernia surgery, the surgeon recommended adding Metamucil and mineral oil as a pre-treatment to ease bowl movements. You don't want any straining while healing. It is very gentle.

The main point of baby oil is to provide a moisture barrier. It's very hydrophobic and keeps urine from resting on the skin. You'd apply it anywhere you were worried about getting a rash.

This is a lot more important for cloth diapers than it is for disposables that will wick the moisture away anyway.

I don't like the stuff. It's very difficult to wash it off since it's petroleum-based and hydrophobic. Baby powder smells nicer and cleans up easier for me. And as stated, it instantly ruins tapes if the stuff touches them in any way.

That said, maybe getting a bit R18 (sorry), another use case is as a lubricant. It's not a very good one; but it's very cheap in comparison to other types.

I really can't use Baby Powder though, just about every time I use it I end up with a headache and can turn into a migraine quikly. I'll use baby powder on rare occasions though. I did the other day, when I went out to a city downtown and was walking around for a few hours playing PokeMon Go XD

I work on my feet, and have found that rubbing baby oil on my feet in the morning before pulling on my socks cuts down on chafing/blistering.

How many babies do you need to squeeze to get a bottle of oil? 😜

Wombat said:
How many babies do you need to squeeze to get a bottle of oil? ��

Properly chuckled at that!

My preference is Almond Oil, it doesn't have that smell that baby oil has. Accidentally discovered it as a carrier oil making new smells to burn.

"Accidentally." [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back