AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
There are probably, hundreds of these topics, none of which are exactly recent after looking. So I am going to wing it and ask my question since products change and such...

Does anyone here drink from a bottle? Or more specifically what do you drink if you do?

I've got a bottle but all I drink from it is milk, chocolate milk, and juice, lol... It's kinda funny cause the bottle I use was one I found in storage from my old baby things from when I was actually little.

So I guess my question is, What kind of bottle do you use, and what do you drink in it? And if applicable, what formula do you drink? Any suggestions for ones that don't taste horrible? (I tried some once and it was awful, lol.)

So yeah... post things below?

Sippy Cups count too! Lol.

P

PaddedPuppy

I use the NUK 300ml bottles with standard silicone teat which I cut open a little more to increase the flow rate.

I mostly use it for drinking formula. If its not formula the only other drink I ever have from my bottle is very milky tea.

As for what formula, its Cow and Gate/Aptamil growing up milk. From memory those brands aren't in the United States, but my statement still stands. Always go for the highest stage for babies or the youngest stage for toddlers. Its the best tasting in my opinion and is one of the healthiest for an adult. If you go for younger ones they usually have a ridiculous amount of fat and iron content and drinking it regularly probably wouldn't be so good for you.

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Enfamill makes one called "toddler transitions" - there is one that is vanilla flavored. It tastes okay, kinda off but better than regular formula.
I use nuk bottles personally, I use the larger nipple size so it's got a faster flow.

Sometimes I put malted milk into regular milk, so it's distinctly different and good for "little time" but doesn't taste weird.

BabyDiver

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Use a Tommee Tippee, closer to nature with a hi flo nipple (or opened up size 1) for warm milk at bed time, a Tommee Tippee active sipper cup and a Nuby i monster no spill cup for tea

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I have a cheap Walmart-brand bottle and a cheap Nuby sippy cup. I prefer the sippy cup, and like having chocolate milk in it. I've only ever drank water out of the bottle since it's harder to clean.

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I use the Playtex VentAire bottle. I was using an older plain bottle for a while but I then lost it and had to buy a new bottle. The Playtex one looked interesting, so I brought it. I got a medium flow nipple and have not had to modify it.

As to what I drink, if I am really into being a baby, I will drink Similac - cold. The taste is ok for once-in-awhile drinking. Otherwise, I tend to drink iced tea, milk or chocolate milk. I also occasionally drink sodas. Some people have said that sodas will damage the bottle, but I am a fast drinker and I clean the bottle soon after finishing. So I have not seen any damage to my bottles from the soda.

AmberBulb95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I just have a plastic 300ml bottle with a silicone orthodontic nipple. But I desperately want to switch to a latex cherry nipple!

I just warm up some milk and add a little Irish Cream, you get the sweetness of the Irish Cream with the relaxing effect of the alcohol!

JazzBaby

Just Another Diapered Brony
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I have a NUK 10 oz orthodontic baby bottle. I like to use it when I can since I still live at home with family. I usually drink regular milk, chocolate milk and juice. I want to try formula and warmed milk.

AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I just have a plastic 300ml bottle with a silicone orthodontic nipple. But I desperately want to switch to a latex cherry nipple!

I just warm up some milk and add a little Irish Cream, you get the sweetness of the Irish Cream with the relaxing effect of the alcohol!

I have a NUK 10 oz orthodontic baby bottle. I like to use it when I can since I still live at home with family. I usually drink regular milk, chocolate milk and juice. I want to try formula and warmed milk.

Uh, I feel really silly for asking this but uh, how would one prepare said warm milk? Since you both mentioned it... lol.

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Uh, I feel really silly for asking this but uh, how would one prepare said warm milk? Since you both mentioned it... lol.

I just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds - I'm paranoid about melting plastic though so I always start it in a glass cup, and transfer it to a bottle. I typically put it in for thirty second increments and test how hot it is.

JazzBaby

Just Another Diapered Brony
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little

Another method would be placing the bottle under hot running water or in a container of heated water. I didn't know that myself, I found that out looking at baby bottles online last night.

keithandre1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I use playtex easy to buy in the usa tried evaperated milk, sweetend condensed milk, regular milk, not a fan chocolate milk ok I find juices like apple, etc the best and if you like alcohol baileys irish cream or and brandy warmed slightly thats what i had when i was little for colds and still use as a little adult in my bottle

Kid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Private
Avent Bottle for me now. I was using another brand for a while that was suppose to be closer to that of breastflow. Actually I think that was the name of the brand. When my son was switching from breastfeeding to milk we used the Enfagrow and I actually loved it. Been addicted to it ever since. With or without a bottle it is perfect as it has a straw that you can use too. GlitteredArtist also mentioned that it is better versus formula for younger babies/toddlers. It depends on your taste.

I have also started drinking Ready to Use basic Enfamil Infant 1 formula and it is fine. It does not have the sugar taste as the vanilla or milk Stage 3 Enfagrow ... However, do not be confused as they both have the same amount of sugar content. One is just not clearly marked on the label.

The Enfamil Infant you can drink right from the bottle, pour it into your own Baby Bottle or sippy cup.

You get use to what you eat - trust me. I had no problem with the taste in trying the Infant Stage 1 as I had been drinking Stage 3 and Stage 2 for about 6 months on a daily basis.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I tend to drink juice from my bottle which I think is an Evenflow. It's plastic and cheap, but that's what our kids had and it works quite well.

BebbyDoll

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
My bottle is glass with silicone nipple.
I like vanilla almond milk in mine... But I also like vanilla coffee or some sort of tea like usually a vanilla chai or something .
Apparently, I have a vanilla thing. Didn't realize how intense it was...
I will have it warm. Hubby likes to give it to me warm bug I usually prefer cold.
Bottles are a big part of babying for me.

Wish they still sold the kind they had when I was a kid. Plastic bottles, with the bag insert. The fiat nipple.
Don't know the name of them?

tobid03

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I drink Similac Advanced formula (Birth-12 months, I think) from a Gerber the first years bottle every few weeks. Also, I rarely drink water from a sippy cup. The formula has that milky, sweet taste that I remember from babyhood (well, I was like 3).

Just a word of warning: The taste of Similac is probably revolting to some people, but I usually like it. It does have an odd taste in the background.

BabyDiver

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I warm my milk up in a electric bottle warmer, I pop the bottle with the milk in it into the warmer about 15 min before bed and it's ready when i get into bed

Ladyfur

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I give my little a dr. Brown's natural flow bottle. In it goes something milk based, usually with a shot bailey's in it. "Pink squirrels" go over well. Chai tea with bailey's. We want to make sure a 34 year old toddler gets a good night's sleep, right?

CharliePup

Mommy's puppy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
  4. Other
As for what formula, its Cow and Gate/Aptamil growing up milk. From memory those brands aren't in the United States, but my statement still stands. Always go for the highest stage for babies or the youngest stage for toddlers. Its the best tasting in my opinion and is one of the healthiest for an adult. If you go for younger ones they usually have a ridiculous amount of fat and iron content and drinking it regularly probably wouldn't be so good for you.
Seconding this. Also, don't buy powder formula! Buy the liquid stuff!

Personally I don't like formula enough to buy it regularly. Instead I drink warm chocolate milk mostly: other times I've had banana or strawberry, or even mixed it with a little vanilla and sugar. ATM I'm drinking a warm bottle of tea and yesterday I had juice. Mostly milk-based things, though.

No idea what brand of bottle I'm using ATM. I prefer my avent one, but it's not clean, sooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.