Boosters and onesies

griphixx

Tiny lmao
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Soo.. I made my first biggish order from abuniverse :3 (internal squealing) I got a bunch of stuff, but two things I got are completely new to me. Boosters and a onesie.

I was wondering what they're both like, and figured the best way to know (other than trying it myself, which I will) is to ask the community ^w^

What was your first experiences with these like?

I defnatly would recomend abu boosters and there onsies i love there peakabu diaprrs there the best to wear daily i may just start ordering two packs every month to last me a month and also look on amazon for onsies there really good ones as well i got mine from there

Reactions: TigerDL and Poopygamer
I recently got diapers and onesies from ABU too! I've only tried out one of the diapers, the preschool clothbacked, and I got two onesies there. THe onesies are too big for me which was a big disappointment, but I guess that's my own fault. :/ Since they're 100% cotton, I'm planning on shrinking them in the wash so hopefully they fit better. My favorite onesies I got from LittlesLaboratory and the Dotty Diaper on etsy. Both companies have very stretchy and comfy fabric, and I love the patterns!

I've usually been pretty meh about boosters. Once a diaper starts getting up there in capacity, it's diminishing returns. Once the SAP is lightly wet, the acquisition time goes up substantially and it's the fit that matters more (keeps liquid from running out before it's fully absorbed). My experience is that boosters cause leaks to happen way sooner, but everyone's body shape is different so ymmv. They do make diapers feel really thick though, which is nice.

As far as onesies go, I really want to like ABUs onesies but I've had some real issues with quality control. The first one I ever got from them (plain blue), the stitches started ripping around the snaps. They let me return it (after going back and forth with customer support for a week. Should have taken it to Twitter I guess), but the replacement had similar issues and I eventually fixed it myself by hand sewing additional reinforcement. A few months later I bought a pair of plain white onesies from them, and the labeling started flaking off immediately.

It's not like I'm trying to cram into one that's too small or abusing them in the wash, so it's pretty disappointing to me that I've had 4 onesies with issues from them. Especially for how expensive they are.

Reactions: TigerDL
The best onsie I have found are made by special kids co. , I have several , I use them every day to keep my diaper snug and my privacy intact. Sold on Amazon in the us, they are stretchy and durable.
doublers are another issue, they usually fall apart at capacity , making cleanup messy.

quarktheory said:
The best onsie I have found are made by special kids co. , I have several , I use them every day to keep my diaper snug and my privacy intact. Sold on Amazon in the us, they are stretchy and durable.
doublers are another issue, they usually fall apart at capacity , making cleanup messy.
How does the sizing of the Special Kids Co. onsies work for adults? They are listed in kids sizing, but the older ages also say things like "large adult." Does this mean "adult large" as in usual t-shirt size L?

I'm a firm believer in boosters. To me, they extend the life of my diaper by 3-4 times. They're not for everyone, but strongly recommend trying them. On the side of the onsie... A must try.

TigerDL said:
How does the sizing of the Special Kids Co. onsies work for adults? They are listed in kids sizing, but the older ages also say things like "large adult." Does this mean "adult large" as in usual t-shirt size L?
I have purchased several of the 15-16 year old size , I wear one to work every day, not proud of my weight but I am down to 254 lb and 5’11”
they stretch, I think the next size up would fit me perfect But these fit well enough to keep anything from sagging during my 12 to 13 hour work day. Most of it on my feet.
I also have a few Rearz onsies that are 2x, you should always go a least a size larger, every thing shrinks a little when it gets washed.hope this helps.

Reactions: TigerDL
Fond the TEykable rompers work best for me, they hold diapers tight and don't add material to the crotch area.

Considering the price of boosters, it just seems to make more sense to pick diapers that have better capacity from the start.

griphixx said:
Soo.. I made my first biggish order from abuniverse :3 (internal squealing) I got a bunch of stuff, but two things I got are completely new to me. Boosters and a onesie.

I was wondering what they're both like, and figured the best way to know (other than trying it myself, which I will) is to ask the community ^w^

What was your first experiences with these like?
Not a fan of boosters myself as I feel that unless you really are a heavy wetter and tend to actually need high capacity diapers that the majority of the time they are useless outside of wanting to make it feel thicker which at that point you would want to double up.

Onesies themselves are nice and definite great addition to normal day to day wear as just gives that support to the diaper even when used plus they feel nice when theyre snug.

I am that heavy wetter, and am usually in a MegaMax + booster or a Tykables + booster to get me through the day and night. I usually go through 2 during the day and then one at night and sometimes have to double up on boosters at night. Yes, they can be thick but otherwise I would go through too many "premium" diapers a day.

Back