Booster Pad(s) Advice

HereWeGo2169

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Good evening all! What are your thoughts on booster pads for plastic backed diapers for extra protection?

IMO, they do assist with extra protection to avoid leaks, however, it can shift and become uncomfortable requiring a change. After a certain point, I feel like I am waddling which makes it so more uncomfortable and obvious after a full release (urine). Discretion for me is an absolute as I have to wear some type of protection 24/7. I am urine and occasionally bowel INCNT. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

KryptographicKiddo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaperfur
I tried tykeables boosters and found them too thick to wear comfortably and didn't serve a purpose because once the booster was used to capacity it wouldn't leak through the booster and would instead dribble to the side of diaper.

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I have used Pampers size 6 and some other things such as Drynites sleep pants. as boosters with some success.

I cut the wings off the Pampers or the sides off the sleep pants and then use a locking safety pin to pin the booster to the front of the regular diaper, and that keeps things from moving around much. Of course, these items only cover the front part of the outer diaper and only work for wetting.

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I've found that these "hyper absorbent" booster pads that rely on a LOT of SAP are the ones that refuse to allow additional wetness to pas through to the main diaper. Yeah, they swell up something fierce and the feeling (at least when lying around) IS nice, they're useless for my needs.
I've found the Tranquility booster pads (standard if you only need a little additional capacity, SUPER PLUS for an additional 27 ounces) if left unfolded lengthwise (only for the "contour" booster pads so that the booster remains BETWEEN the stand up leak guards you'll be alright and add at least another couple hours to your sleep, if needed. In the instance of bowel incon I believe that so long as the leak guards are tall enough (Betterdry, MegaMax etc are 4x as high as the best available 20 years ago!) that you'll be fine, so long as it's not a real loose, watery stool AND so long as you don't become a "play doh" factory with crap coming out the front/back/leg holes as my oldest son did one day as I was bouncing him on my knee!

Reactions: Tigondegra

Lecktroman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
You guy's and gal's should try the Forsite euromax booster pad's, i bought a bag to try and i was amazed at the performance. They are not too wide, don't swell but wick and absorb quite well. The routine is ATN with a booster until lunch change with the same, get home after work shower and Abena M4 with a booster for the night.
i haven't had a leak since November, very good product.

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I always have a booster in my diaper. Actually I really enjoy the boosters that swell allot.. Having my thighs pushed apart by a swollen booster and diaper is why I wear.

• Love
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, wetaccident, Tigondegra and 1 other person

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I do use boosters because I like my diapers thick and be able to handle heavy wetting without having to change. My favorite boosters are XL Goodnites with the wings and elastic cuffs removed and make many slits on the outer material to allow the liquid to pass thru.

Reactions: HereWeGo2169 and Tigondegra

dl015

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
The boosters from northshore are probably your best bet for being discrete, they start off super thin and hold a good bit. Ive worn a megamax with a northshore booster while going out for over 8 hours and it wasn't noticeable. They have adhesive on the back which helps it stay in place.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, BlueDude, HereWeGo2169 and 1 other person

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Few things I have found some brands sold towards abdl acted more like a pad vs booster. Also if you have a shifting issue few companies do sell ones with adhesive backing like Northshore brand though I don't use the adhesive as it's never been an issue for me. But to a swer your question I was introduced to Tranquility Countored Booster almost 10 yrs ago and I have used them since and for the most part without issue a big difference and something I noticed when I first started using them is the ones I was given seemed huge at the time but was able to fold them these boosters now have a suggested size they should be used with like the ones I currently use are technically or suggested to be used with XL diaper but honestly they fit most if not every Large diaper I have use but it was life big for the Medium diapers but doable besides overall size I think these hold like 12oz more but like I mentioned I have used same brand, same size for close to 10yrs and as someone recommended them to me they are something I do recommend. One reason I really like Tranquility as a company though they probably use better materials no matter if a booster or a diaper both are basically the same as they were 10yrs ago and I personally like the consistency.

Though slight negative this might not be an issue for all and where some abdl brands work better. I unfortunately was exposed to the coof and with my disability I had an issue retaining fluid so I take a diuretic so I often have larger voids to floods. Tranquility can handle most voidse except for floods though it doesn't happen often and when I take that medicine I usually just fold the pad down a little and it works fine. Also if you use a contoured shaped one just be cautious how it's placed so it doesn't block or interfer of your diaper has inner leg guards, what I have always done is leave it folded and right before taping up I will booster between my legs and legs unfold only the front part (it's basically how prefold cloth diapers work)and tape up it's how I have always used these but being flow through it's not necessary but I find unfolding it covers wider area for my male parts.

Ever since I been a the diuretic I have occasional leaks usually towards top of diapers and lately been using Northshore brand boosters but use the rectangular ones but I do use them in combination with the Tranquility Courtered down middle. Basically the NS ones adds padding where most diapers don't have it and honestly if someone doesn't want to wear cloth diapers and a tummy or side sleeper some have had luck put them towards the sides of the diaper so basically they can be used in multiple ways and you can get creative with them

Reactions: HereWeGo2169 and loadedpamperman

HereWeGo2169

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Thank you all for your advice!

GoodnitesXL21

Loves Diapers & Bikinis! Both awesome undies! 😁
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pantyman said:
I always have a booster in my diaper. Actually I really enjoy the boosters that swell allot.. Having my thighs pushed apart by a swollen booster and diaper is why I wear.
I love how by the end of the day my legs don't want to close when sitting down!

Reactions: wetaccident

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If I'm looking to thicken up my padding I'll use cloth flat fold diapers folded in 3s. I usually use 3 then this gives me a 9 layer booster.
With today's diapers I rarely boost up as I don't like overly excessive wet diapers.