psychonautalis

"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Hello Little and Big Friends,

Just recently bought a book in the mail to help my partner understand my baby side. We purchased "There's still a baby in my bed!" By Rosalie Bent.

Have any of you had the chance to read and share this book with your partners? Even if you haven't shared it with someone, do you feel like the book was enlightening? What do you feel you got from the book?

What other ABDL books do you suggest?

Wow I just purchased the exact same book haven't has the chance to read any of it yet since I just showed it to my wife yesterday hope it will help with explaining my ab side and help with her caregiver side she is still new to this

What a trip! Let me know how it goes ! I have yet to read it myself.

OMG... Read there is a baby in my bed, I love this book because it helped me understand my little self. It opened up sooooo many doors for me! It was very informational, and well written. Its written towards care givers but is also good if you just want to understand your little self...

Me and my wife read it and it helped us alot. My wife was able to understand that me being AB is not just a thing I do but part of me. She could see that I am a baby. I was able to understand myself.
Yes it's an excellent book.
If it wasn't for it I would still be a person pretending to be an adult and hating myself and life. Now I have accepted that was pretend. My wife started regressing me after reading the book and now I am not scared to be me. I am a baby and happy I am who I am.
Some of us just never grow up and that is ok. It is ok to be AB.
Plus it has it's benifits as AB's we never have worry about finding a toilet, diapers rule.

Thank you for your replies! Waiting for it to arrive and share it with my dubbie. Hoping he won't be overwhelmed... Just gotta take it a step at a time!!

Rosalie is a polarizing figure in the community. I hope you enjoy the book.

does the cover have a stuffed rabbit?

it also seems to be a sequel

Rosalie Bent is a self-proclaimed "expert" on ABDL, who, in my personal experience...is a total b*tch! Yes, I've interacted with her directly, and she is not a likeable person AT ALL. Definitely would not pay money for anything she writes.

She was briefly here on ADISC, claimed to have been banned (she was not, and her user is still active), and now hangs out over on DD, talking about ADISC and the people here like you'd never expect an educated "expert" to talk about anything. Very much comes off as a spoiled brat who thinks she owns the place.

I've skimmed the free pages of her "Baby in my Bed" book as well as her book about teens and ABDL. In neither case was I particularly impressed by the writing style, and in the case of the teen book, her work clearly derives very heavily from the experiences of one or a couple of people, and is definitely worthy of skepticism. (That one had a distinctly amateurish writing style as well, so perhaps it was penned mainly by her husband?)

Anyway. I guess that was more an author review than a book review, but... Needed to be said. Rosalie Bent is, in my humble opinion, just a not-good person.

For what it's worth.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Rosalie Bent is a self-proclaimed "expert" on ABDL, who, in my personal experience...is a total b*tch! Yes, I've interacted with her directly, and she is not a likeable person AT ALL. Definitely would not pay money for anything she writes.

She was briefly here on ADISC, claimed to have been banned (she was not, and her user is still active), and now hangs out over on DD, talking about ADISC and the people here like you'd never expect an educated "expert" to talk about anything. Very much comes off as a spoiled brat who thinks she owns the place.

I've skimmed the free pages of her "Baby in my Bed" book as well as her book about teens and ABDL. In neither case was I particularly impressed by the writing style, and in the case of the teen book, her work clearly derives very heavily from the experiences of one or a couple of people, and is definitely worthy of skepticism. (That one had a distinctly amateurish writing style as well, so perhaps it was penned mainly by her husband?)

Anyway. I guess that was more an author review than a book review, but... Needed to be said. Rosalie Bent is, in my humble opinion, just a not-good person.

For what it's worth.

Tell us how you really feel!

She shows up from time to time on the ABDL subreddit and she follows the same pattern she did here with similar results. I'm no longer in any big quandary about myself as an ABDL but even if I were, I'd have a hard time justifying it to myself to give her any money. If her materials are helpful for others, that's a good thing. They're not for me.

When it comes to introducing partners to this side of ourselves, I don't think anything beats a good, honest heart to heart talk :)

Books and guides may be helpful, but what many books and guides fail to take into account is that everyone approaches being an AB a little differently. Some guides, however, do work. I have referred friends and my first GF/Mommy to Understanding Infantilism and I think that site breaks things down concisely and honestly without overwhelming the reader.

With regards to There's a Baby in My Bed, I read through it once years ago. I was surprised at how thorough it was, but for all it's thoroughness, not everything in the book was accurate to my experience of being an AB. One of my peeves with Rosalie's writing, based on what I can recall, is that everything in the book stems from her personal experiences and yet, she is phrasing what she has learned and discovered as if it is objective fact. I will say however, that some sections were really spot on... on the other hand, some of what she said didn't really apply to me or my relationships.

Bottomline, it's a very personal book full of her own opinions and what she found worked. If people have found it to be an effective tool and read, then that's great, even I can say reading it didn't feel like a waste, but as I said at the top of my reply, I'll stick to just speaking from the heart on these matters as books are seldom the most effective way of communicating your personal truth/experience to others.

Cottontail said:

For what it's worth.

That's very interesting. Given the good things I have heard about the book, I had no idea she was such a polarizing figure within the community. Now that you mention it, her writing does come off as a bit too assured given how personal and innately subjective the book actually is.

Back