bodysuit wicking

MASONJAR

25m 👶🏻 & your UmiFriend👼🏻
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
has anyone figured put how to stop leaks when wearing an ab bodysuit/onsie? ik alot of people dont do the snaps but everytime i do the snaps bodysuit somehow wicks the pee from my not very full diaper and makes a leak 🤔
also this could be either and ab thread or a diapet thread i wasnt sure 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: KrankyPants
The most common reason for leaks in this situation is having the diaper pressed to tightly against your body. Even if you are only wearing a diaper and tape it so that it's super snug this can happen.

Reason being is that it takes a couple minutes for the SAP to absorb wetness. In that couple minutes there are fluids flowing freely about your diapers padding and in cases where the padding is already damp it will flow across the top sheet. If there is too much for the padding to contain and it's tight against your skin there's only one place for it to go. And it will go there no matter how good the leg gathers are.

If you take a good look at how baby diapers fit little ones you will notice that they actually fit pretty loose through the middle and are only snug at the waist. This is why modern baby diapers work so well. It gives space for fluids to pool until the SAP can catch up. If you put a super tight onesie on a baby the same thing will happen but not as bad since they don't have large voids and the SAP can keep up with the little piddles.

Try going a size or two up next time you order one. Or, if you are unsure about it, find the same snaps that are on your onesie and make an extension piece for your onesie and see if having it a bit less snug works better. Something like this:

4Pcs-Pack-Baby-Toddlers-Romper-Partner-Jumpsuit-Cotton-Extender-Crotch-Extenter-Child-Bodysuit-Extenders-Clothes-Accessory.jpg_q50.jpg

• Love
Reactions: AComputerGuy, MASONJAR, TigerDL and 3 others
MASONJAR said:
has anyone figured put how to stop leaks when wearing an ab bodysuit/onsie? ik alot of people dont do the snaps but everytime i do the snaps bodysuit somehow wicks the pee from my not very full diaper and makes a leak 🤔
also this could be either and ab thread or a diapet thread i wasnt sure 🤷🏻‍♀️
This seems to be the right place for this post. 🤘

I've come to accept that a little bit of wee on my overnight clothes / onesie is expected, especially since I wear cloth backed for breathability. It's not really a leak when it happens. It's like it happened over time, so there is slight dampness and maybe a subtle pee pee scent, but not like I leaked. I have not had that happen while wearing plastic backed unless they actually leak.

Out of curiosity, are you having this happen while wearing plastic backed diapers?

Last edited:
I wear rubber bloomers , there is absolutely no way no matter how badly I fill my diaper that any wicking can take place , I am covered from my chest area to knees in rubber ,bloomers are the best containment you can find there is no way anything can wick or worse ,even fecal blowouts are completely contained, even my non bloomer custom pants I specified a 11” crotch which is wider than my onesie , so my onesie cradles my pants in place and there is no contact possible . Since bloomers are pretty much one solid piece contoured front and back you can wear as much or as little diaper as you want or need and still completely contain more poop than you will have in a week .
I highly recommend Babykin’s natural rubber bloomers as well as there onesies .they have made hundreds for me in all styles you can think of and some you can’t .

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks
Another vote for it's too tight here, as Joediaper said above it's preventing it from absorbing everything.

Back