Body Integrity Identity Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Seems this has already been discussed to a degree in other threads but I thought I'd bring it up. Also hope its in the right place and mods feel free to move it as appropriate!

Body Identity Integrity Disorder Makes Patients Want to Be Disabled - ABC News

There is also a UK daily (hate) mail article on the subject, where a guy got a free wheelchair and everything on the NHS over it, however I was unable to find the link.

For some people, especially those who have an overwhelming desire to actually be incontinent, its my theory that our ab/dl tendencies may be an obscure and less severe variation of this condition.

If so I'm thinking that we might have a case for free padding via the NHS, possibly mental health services.

Would be grateful for peoples thoughts, and is there a Doctor or a Psychologist in residence who might be able to give an opinion on my theory?

volvic

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I think it'll be an incredibly long drawn out process trying to convince Psychologists that you need nappies because of BIID. It will be all over your medical records and anything.

N

NeverKnow

This is actually really interesting. It was nowhere near this degree, but when I was younger I would fantasize about being in an accident or something and having some permanent medical condition that necessitated wheelchair use. The fantasy went away with age and now I am only interested in diapers.

I have always chalked it up to a more general interest in masochism, and I have always thought that to be in some way derivative of my ABDL tendencies (which seem to have come first). Now that I think about it, though, my "masochistic" tendencies and fantasy about injury were never sexual like diapers have been.

It seems impossible to generalize, but I can't seem to figure this as an exact parallel, because the people in this article have fairly literally dissociated from some part of their body. There seems very clearly to be a psychological imbalance here. With me, at least, ABDLism is probably more cognitive.

As for obtaining diapers because of this: I don't know if I'd feel comfortable about this. In my mind diapers are something I want, not that I really really need. I would not personally feel comfortable explaining my ABDLism as a medical condition that needs to be "treated" with diapers.

volvic

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Does wanting to be severely mentally handicapped fall under the BIID category because ever since a small child I've envied people who are like that.

downtide

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
It's interesting but for me it's much more interesting from the perspective of being a transsexual, and finding an incongruence between the genitals I have and the ones that my brain thinks should be there. I find it interesting that one of the people mentioned in the article is also transsexual, and another is intersexed.

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
While there may in fact be a case for it to a certain extent, I'd be horrified if someone from this website went that far, or anyone for that matter.

The NHS is straining to breaking point already - people are dying because of a lack of funds. I'd be really upset if someone thought that their fetish for diapers warranted free diapers from the NHS over vital medication for people that could die without it.

While for a lot of people on here diapers are a wonderful thing that helps them to relax and be happy, I really don't think their needs are anywhere near that of (for example) mutlti-thousand pound cancer treatment, that people aren't getting because of a lack of funds.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Actually, people arn't getting cancer drugs because big pharmacy firms patent their new wonder drugs and fix the prices, once the formula has been perfected its generally pretty easy for a qualified chemist to manufacture pretty much any drug with the right equipment and ingredients. The sort of people who develop these drugs would do it anyway, because they got degree's in that kind of stuff because its interesting.

The NHS isn't collapsing due to a lack of funds, its being systematically destroyed by a rampant tory government, who are currently in the process of ripping the behind out of our country for their own personal gains.

Just incase nobody's noticed, it's not just the NHS thats collapsing, its the entire world financial system, which seems to be backed by our perspective labour, which until things are sorted out people like me are witholding. Oh and the eco system is also collapsing thanks to all the tree's being cut down and turned into things like bills, diapers, and bog roll, along with factory farming.

My view on things is that one might aswell enjoy it whilst it lasts, since its all going to pot anyway, and I'd imagine disposable diapers will be a much sort after commodity for the lucky few within the next 5-10 years if things continue as they are.

Personally I'm going to side with nature, and do my best to put right the wrongs that started with the victorian industrial revolution. And I know I'm not alone.

The Problem it seems is greed.
Still interesting topic...

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm sorry, but I find you abhorrant. This is the second thread you've made in two days about what is essentially stealing. The welfare system is set up to help people who cannot afford to provide themselves with medical care (in terms of your previous thread), and you do NOT have whatever crack medical condition you're claiming to now. You need to go and sort your life out. You absolutely must stop trying to find ways to beat the state. Go out and get a (better?) job if you can't afford diapers. Honestly, this is disgusting.

P

PaddedPuppy

I'm sorry, but I find you abhorrant. This is the second thread you've made in two days about what is essentially stealing. The welfare system is set up to help people who cannot afford to provide themselves with medical care (in terms of your previous thread), and you do NOT have whatever crack medical condition you're claiming to now. You need to go and sort your life out. You absolutely must stop trying to find ways to beat the state. Go out and get a (better?) job if you can't afford diapers. Honestly, this is disgusting.

Agreed.
I said very similar last night but deleted it as I reconsidered thinking it was a bit too harsh. Now he's still going I'm wishing I left mine there and added a bit more.

Just thought I would say this, too. (Obviously not directed at Talula and rather at Cuddloon)
And why is the NHS being stretched by the government? Because of people like you who try to sponge all they can out of the system when its not needed! And if it come to the point where you decided to write out a full post defending yourself putting the blame elsewhere you just made it even clearer that its what you are up to.

Vexxus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
As Talula said, this is the second thread whining about the state. When there is a system people can benefit from, there will always be people that misuse it in whatever way. That's just the way the world is and we all have to learn to deal with that - or just stop caring about it.

Dude, please go to something constructive in with your life. There are other things to spend your time on when you've got too much of it on your hands...

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
Actually, people arn't getting cancer drugs because big pharmacy firms patent their new wonder drugs and fix the prices, once the formula has been perfected its generally pretty easy for a qualified chemist to manufacture pretty much any drug with the right equipment and ingredients. The sort of people who develop these drugs would do it anyway, because they got degree's in that kind of stuff because its interesting.

Said by someone who probably knows very little about the cost of manufacturing drugs and how their patents work. To sum it up easily, each drug takes about £1 billion and 10 years to get to market and this is the 1% that actually work and pass all safety standards. Patents last for about 17 years and by the time the drug makes it to market it has very little time to make use of that and so all the money has to be made in that time to recoup the costs of it (and all the failed drugs) to stop the pharmaceutical companies going under, after that the patent is expired but very few companies will make cancer drugs because of the cost invloved in their manufacturing vs. the money they'll get back. The whole "big pharma" conspiracy is seriously misunderstood by anyone who hasn't spoken to someone whose had even the remotest experience in the industry.

If you can convince a doctor that you need diapers because you have a real disorder that means you think you're meant to be a baby I'd be really impressed. Getting them for genuine incontinence isn't easy so for something like this would be impressive beyond belief.

CluidinBoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've never heard of this...but to some degree--I completely and totally see where this guy is coming from.

I was raised by an interpreter and an actor--and over the years, I've been slowly losing my hearing--but from a young age, I've always had these weird desires to do something that will make me lose my hearing. It's not about hearing aids seeming "cool," or the desire to be doted upon or anything--it just feels like...a cross between 'I SHOULDN'T be able to hear' and 'I feel like I don't WANT to be able to hear.' Which is weird--because music is a huge part of my life. I suppose I should actually mention it to my therapist, I just figured I was weird.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
*detects prejudice against anarchists*

Kinda going off topic, but I gave the system my best shot, worked hard, paid my taxes, and got completely shafted for my trouble, simply for having the cheek to question the way it was, or more wasn't working. Eventually it drove me so crazy I did something pretty crazy and spent some time in jail, and mental health institutions, and discovered that those systems were also not working either.

Having regained my marbles and my freedom, I decided that I'm no longer participating, and actually I buy my own padding, and it's not about free diapers really, although it'd be nice if they were free for those who want them.

Some time ago a gentleman called Mahatma Gandhi stepped off a plane on a visit to my country, and was asked what he thought about western society, and I believe he said it sounded like a good idea.

Decades later the evidence, and mountains of rubbish, including our used diapers are piling up and being hushed up. Not to mention all the radioactive waste...

If he was still around to see the state of the place, I think he'd probably agree that perhaps it wasn't such a great idea afterall.

As for me and work, I'm currently in the business of fraud, basically helping the government with their strategy of printing money to replace the money that they screwed up. I believe they call it quantitative easing. A very cushy job (no phun intended) where I basically take their made up out of nowhere money and spend it more responsibly than they do, by putting it into struggling independent businesses like butchers and fabrication firms, and invest some of it in items that may be useful to me, or anyone else in the future, which I keep safe. And since I have lots of time I look after dogs who need to find new humans until I can find them a suitable new human to save them from having to be kennalled. Oh and I also spend some of it on padding my ass and getting off my face too.

If anybody has a problem with that, go ahead and report me to the authorities, you'll find they'll do nothing.

As for the NHS, they seemed quite happy to spend over a million pounds over the course of my life screwing me around and governing (ruling over me, or holding me back) instead of helping me. So I've made the reasonable and rational decision that I'm just going to help myself, and so far its going really well, and I've got out of my depression and gotten over my anxiety and regained my self confidence, and am on the verge of independence and self sufficiency, and when the day comes, it'll be a pleasure to tell them exactly where to stick their money, world controlling philosophy and ideas. And once I've done that I'm going to sail from Ireland to Canada alone on my little boat, having taught myself everything without paying a penny for any kind of instruction, then build a nice cabin in the woods and write a book about it all, which I'll publish for free online, and as always donations are welcome.

And if I don't make it at least I'll have died making an effort with my boots on!

Or am I supposed to take the blue pill and wake up in some office cubicle with an embarrassing erection, and do exactly the same thing every day, and support a government which has committed more crimes against humanity over the years than even the German Nazi party?

What would you like to do today?

AbriForm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Ironically, we just started talking about this over here in the USA. There's a thread now spanning six pages about it. But, to summarize...

In the United States, the American Psychological Association (APA) recognizes infantilism as its own disorder! And, many states over here are set to declare diapers as a covered insurance good.

That does open the door to arguing that, since infantilism is both federally-recognized, and recognized as incurable, that prescribing diapers under insurance is a prudent maintenance item for care.

Of course, you would face the same problems as in UK. Namely, you may face an uphill battle to get recognized for care. And, in addition, your medical records would be marked as being an infantilist. We don't know what the future holds... hackers may some day hack NHS / NIH and post everyone's medical records on some North Korean server, and provide a search engine. Anyone would then be able to look up your health profile, no mater how illegal it would be to do so. There may be some workarounds to this, such as getting diagnosis of partial incontinence, caused by infantilism... but that requires convincing a doctor that you are IC without intensive physical testing.

I'm of the notion that it's not so much of a big deal. My doctors can know I'm an infantilist. I don't care. I'm not going to waltz into their office diapered for exams. But, I do think it is prudent to have a prescription for occasional use of diapers to maintain my incurable condition of infantilism.

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
im not sure about the rest of the world but in america it is possible under certian circumstances. my lil bro is living proof. through various state and federal agenceys (SSD, Americans with dissabillitys, low income state funding) we are provided money for his diapers, medications, and child care. and he only got it because he is ADHD, Bi polar, and mildly autistic. he gets funding for meds and insurance through state medicare and Social security dissabillity, and since autisim is linked to many developmental issues he is covered for most Diapering expenses with in reason. which is to say he gets a set sum of federal money on a governed debit card that will only work for the purchase of children's diapers. now i bend the rules slightly and use the money for not only his diapers but also pull ups for my 4 year old too but to answer your question chances of AB/DL getting funding is slim to none. yes i got it setup with zach but even then it took a year and a half with all manners of dissabillity lawyers and doctors and financial analysts to determine wheter he quallified and wether or not i can provide them for him accuratly with out denying his other needs or the needs of any other child.

Astra

Banned
Role
  1. Other
lol at the idea of faking being crazy to get free diapers. thread-starter doesn't have body integrity identity disorder but he definitely has an integrity disorder

AbriForm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
lol at the idea of faking being crazy to get free diapers. thread-starter doesn't have body integrity identity disorder but he definitely has an integrity disorder

One could argue that infantilism, in its purest form, is a form of body integrity disorder. We (for most of us here) get off/relaxed/enjoyment from losing bladder/bowel function. How is that different from enjoying the loss of some other organ function?

I accept my infantilism as a mental disorder - I'm just glad it's the only real one I have... and I also enjoy the fringe benefits. At the same time, it's a disorder. I have it, I don't have as many dates/relationships because of it, and I accept there's no cure for it.

At the same time, in a socialized healthcare system, I would expect that my disorder should get the appropriate maintenance care it deserves. And since there's no cure for infantilism, some maintenance care with diapers may be prudent for many infantilists.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
One could argue that infantilism, in its purest form, is a form of body integrity disorder. We (for most of us here) get off/relaxed/enjoyment from losing bladder/bowel function. How is that different from enjoying the loss of some other organ function?

I accept my infantilism as a mental disorder - I'm just glad it's the only real one I have... and I also enjoy the fringe benefits. At the same time, it's a disorder. I have it, I don't have as many dates/relationships because of it, and I accept there's no cure for it.

At the same time, in a socialized healthcare system, I would expect that my disorder should get the appropriate maintenance care it deserves. And since there's no cure for infantilism, some maintenance care with diapers may be prudent for many infantilists.

Are people with rape fantasies the same as rapists or victims (depending on which side of the fantasy one finds stimulating). I had no initial inclination to use my diapers, it's something I have come to enjoy very much. The recreational use is different from a fantasy of incontinence and actually wishing for that (or taking steps to achieve it) rather than just fantasizing about it is a good ways further down the road. My desires are intense, but I would say they fall short a good ways from disorder and rest comfortably in the land of weird or unusual likes and urges. Mileage may vary.

N

NeverKnow

I only speak for myself, of course, but I observe a very large dichotomy in degree of scale. The people described in the article with Body Integrity Identity Disorder could touch their undesired appendages and not feel anything (or not feel pain when they clearly should). Insofar that I have experienced being an AB, no physical part of me is dysfunctional and any chemical imbalance is not so clear cut. I do not think these are the same thing.

Someone could of course feel a greater level of compulsion to be an AB than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.