Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I've seen a few threads recently that have drawn the attention of other posters describing them as something that should be in a blog instead. Personally, a post that might be more appropriate to a blog now and again is of no concern to me. The fact that we have blogs available doesn't mean to me that every idea that doesn't have a clear answer should have to be consigned to an area that not everyone bothers to even look at. That's just me, though.

For those people that can't stand seeing them, why not just send the poster some neutral rep and an explanation? A single irrelevant post is easy to skip past, and if it's as useless as you think, everyone else will also let it sink to the bottom without comment. A post with correction and either defiance or apology (or worse, ongoing argument as to whether it is, in fact, worthy of being a thread) is to me, far more pointless than the original post.

Any other thoughts on how we might address the initial (to my mind) non-problem or the resulting blather are welcome.

Role
  1. Private
I don't mind bloggable posts in the forum. Sometimes, someone says something interesting that you can comment on, and since it's got more exposure it can start a really great discussion! :)

Provided it's not too far off-topic, I don't see anything wrong with them. Besides, I think some people here post bloggable stuff on the forum to actually get a good response from people, and I can't blame them.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Yeah, I'm pretty much of the opinion that people should STFU.

A thread's a thread, if it turns out to not generate many responses then that's fair enough. But having a thread that has seven people saying "blog it" and it ends up pointless.

Having quality threads is something we should all want to achieve, but if we see a thread that's VALID but just not good, it's best to just not reply. It's quite annoying to see people post complaining about a thread (or worse: requesting its closure) that's not against the rules... it ruins threads to have more posts about the thread itself than about the actual topic.

Blog:
"A personal or corporate website in the form of an online journal, with new entries appearing in sequence as they are written, especially as dealing with reflections or opinion, and typically incorporating links to other articles."

"A blog (a contraction of the term weblog) is a website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video."

Either one should be fine. The blog section is not the not-quite-a-thread section...

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I can see where it would be annoying to have many posts saying to put it into a blog, but I don't think some of the members even know how to make a blog. Maybe we should have a better way for members to learn how to make a blog (although I feel it's pretty self explanatory). If someone is going to post on a thread that it should be a blog, they should also try to post something else on there, in relation to the actual OP, so it's not just "BLOG IT!!".

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
If someone is going to post on a thread that it should be a blog, they should also try to post something else on there, in relation to the actual OP, so it's not just "BLOG IT!!".

A little tact goes a long way. I thought the staff/Mods were the only "thread police" we needed, anyway. Even if it bugs you (or me) you don't ever have to look at the thread again. Ignore it. As was said earlier, it will sink or swim on its own merits.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This is outrageous! This thread should have been a blog! Well, someone had to say it, haha. Actually I agree with Trevor. If it doesn't draw much response, it will die on it's own, and who cares. I think we've reached that point where all the obvious topics have already been discussed. I think religion has come up at least a dozen times in the almost year that I've been a member. But of course, one has to have something to discuss, or there would be no point in even checking in. When the threads repeat, I try to say something different each time, or I don't respond at all, and let someone else share their insight.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I basically agree with the OP. I can see why some people would rather make a thread anyhow - it generates a whole lot more commments... and there are things even I want feedback on that could go in a blog - but is better posted here.

I think the only time there is an issue is when someone does it *repeatedly.* And basically starts posting about how their day was, every day, or something.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i don't understand why blogs aren't as frequently read or commented on as threads. the blogs are one of the only sections of the site i still consistently read in their entirety. they're far more interesting than any of the forums, since they deal with our members as real personalities. i've read enough dull, impersonal threads on "telling your parents" or "buying diapers" to last me a lifetime, but it's always interesting to read about how my friends' lives are going.

i probably write more blog comments than posts these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.