• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Blog background picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Well... whenever I try to add one, it says it's an error. Maybe there's a problem with the size or format? Is there a specific size to use, or what?

B

BabyWolf

Some older versions of Apache web server can't use GIF files. AOL / Compuserve owned the patents and sued over it, and tried to make everyone pay a fee to use it. Apache is free, so they couldn't license it. Not that it matters now, as the last of the patents expired in 2007.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
This is something I've wondered for ages now, why do people want to add background images? By FAR most are aweful as they aren't suitable. And even the pics which are ok I think don't look nice.

I have no idea why it won't let you do it.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Some older versions of Apache web server can't use GIF files. AOL / Compuserve owned the patents and sued over it, and tried to make everyone pay a fee to use it. Apache is free, so they couldn't license it. Not that it matters now, as the last of the patents expired in 2007.
[font="Calibri,Arial"]A server does not affect what files you can send from it. I could attach save games to a post, and even though the server has not heard of the game, it'll still send it to the user.

However, you shouldn't be using GIFs anyway in this day and age. 99.9% of GIF uses can be handled better with PNG.[/font]

Status
Not open for further replies.